Spark Remote DIsconnecting Mid Flight
49554 479 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
7hibault
lvl.1
Switzerland

The update did nothing at all... Still loosing video on the phone when going more than 150/200 meters from me. Signal is too weak. I am so disapointed.
I just think this is a drone that works fine for close shots, taking pictures, hovering around. If you want to do something wider just do not buy it. It is a toy that seems to be able to take over or compete with others but not at all.

That is to say, knowing those constraints, EUR 800 is a bit too much. Not worth it. Would have gone for a Mavic Pro instead if all of those were shared beforhand. I still wait an answer from Natalia who seems to be afk... About time...
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

7hibault Posted at 2017-7-27 01:47
The update did nothing at all... Still loosing video on the phone when going more than 150/200 meters from me. Signal is too weak. I am so disapointed.
I just think this is a drone that works fine for close shots, taking pictures, hovering around. If you want to do something wider just do not buy it. It is a toy that seems to be able to take over or compete with others but not at all.

After i updated all the firmware and restarted the drone and controller i just started it up indoors and an error came on the screen saying to turn all the Bluetooth off in the area on all devices and the transmission was terrible. i did turn all the Bluetooth off but it was still pretty bad. i'm going to try it today hopefully after work in an open area with no interference and see if that helps. i have started it in the house lots of times before and the transmission was perfect, this is the first time it happened and i have almost 50 flights logged.
2017-7-27
Use props
amd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231335 ft
Lithuania

7hibault Posted at 2017-7-27 01:47

Same problems and for me
But i still hope they will repair these bugs and spark will be as they promised  in all adverts.
2017-7-27
Use props
Faisalx21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526864 ft
Kuwait

Hi all again

I test fly the spark again with new firmware, same problem and worse than beta version, I try everything  with connect controller to my phone with wifi and OTG cable, try different channels 2.4 and 5.8, try to refresh the firmware reset spar and controller and everything.
Now DJI must say one word that's spark have big issues and make recall, I have mavic and fly it in same place that fly the spark , the mavic give me 120m h and 4500m with no issue, dji say the spark give you 2.1 km that's big jok, after this horrible firmware it give me 15m h and 75 m distance.
2017-7-27
Use props
Syn
New
Norway

I agree..DJI should make a recall if they dont fix this issue in the next FW update. This drone has been nothing but a disappointment so far. Just embarrassing for DJI....
2017-7-27
Use props
fans734820a7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30230 ft
Taiwan

This is my first time having a drone. So disappointed to the unstable product. Instead of having fun with my friends, now we doubt the safety of this tiny little monster after we lost the singanal several times via RC.
Fortunately, the drone RTH automatically.
Hope DJI face and fix this problem asap. A total recall should be considered!
2017-7-27
Use props
7hibault
lvl.1
Switzerland

I agree with you guys, signal is too weak which means as soon as the drone is a bit too far i.e. 150m (up or forward) the connection drops. I am going to have like black and white image with like 2 frames per sec and then nothing. I wait desperatly to have something on the screen again that would let me know what is going on. RTH starts, RC bips and I wait till I get the connection back again which usually goes through when the AC is right above me, like 20 meters or something. I then cancell the RTH and fly again from there.

I also tried everything like the two different WIFI, the OTG cable... Personnaly I am a bit fed up because you have got to tweak the drone as if you were working for DJI to find a way to make it work. Should not have to do that... The thing should work fine from the unboxing end of story. Spent more time trying to fix the issue than actually having fun with it... Anyway...

Good luck with yours guys and hope this would be fixed somehow in the future which I doubt as I think this is a hardware issue, not a software's.
2017-7-28
Use props
Syn
New
Norway

7hibault Posted at 2017-7-28 00:30
I agree with you guys, signal is too weak which means as soon as the drone is a bit too far i.e. 150m (up or forward) the connection drops. I am going to have like black and white image with like 2 frames per sec and then nothing. I wait desperatly to have something on the screen again that would let me know what is going on. RTH starts, RC bips and I wait till I get the connection back again which usually goes through when the AC is right above me, like 20 meters or something. I then cancell the RTH and fly again from there.

I also tried everything like the two different WIFI, the OTG cable... Personnaly I am a bit fed up because you have got to tweak the drone as if you were working for DJI to find a way to make it work. Should not have to do that... The thing should work fine from the unboxing end of story. Spent more time trying to fix the issue than actually having fun with it... Anyway...

It is so sad to read  that...800 Euro right down the trash. I really wish I didn't buy the spark.....
2017-7-28
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

yesterday  AC disconectin from RC near! H48mt D80mt t...it ridiculus...only one tree in front...only...where's Ocusync? plz put wifi 2.4 5.8ghz into a trash...

this connection no work in EU or work BAD.

sorry but i don't play with Drone 20euros..

2017-7-28
Use props
agipaok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6969 ft
Greece

I cannot believe that i read some people in forum that they fly their Sparks 1500m and farther...! And ours lose RC connection after 50m \!!!!
2017-7-28
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

amd Posted at 2017-7-27 05:17
Same problems and for me
But i still hope they will repair these bugs and spark will be as they promised  in all adverts.

me too, i had full confidence in my spark before the update. now i wont fly it over water.
2017-7-28
Use props
7hibault
lvl.1
Switzerland

The weird thing is that for instance Casey Neistat flies the drone like he does not face any issue. From 6:00 in this video:
He compares the mavic with the spark. There is no way I can do what he does with the Spark. Both footages when he goes above the hotel and at the far end of the coast are on the contrary a no go for me, not because there is too much uncertainties, just because I will lose the signal in between.
2017-7-28
Use props
Syn
New
Norway

Worst thing is when you get answers like this from DJI support:

Thank you for reaching out DJI Technical Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are having problem with our product. Hence, we are here to assist you and help you resolve your issues.

Let's do the following to enable to resolve your problem.

1. Try to uninstall and reinstall DJI GO App.
2. Try to re-link the remote controller to the aircraft.
3. Check the position of the antennas for the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight.
Make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.

Hope this helps. Should there be more concerns and questions, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Virginia
2017-7-28
Use props
Faisalx21
lvl.2
Kuwait

Syn Posted at 2017-7-28 05:37
Worst thing is when you get answers like this from DJI support:

same thing here ,after one week with contact dji customer service they told me its my fault,  i send black box for analysis and they said it my fault to fly in interference area, i told them i fly my mavic in same area and have no issues it give me easy 120m hight and 4500m distance , they don't want to say that problem is spark issue and they only want proof that the customer is the problem, now guys we pay 700$ for nothing
2017-7-28
Use props
fans101393d0
New
Flight distance : 1132 ft
Indonesia

Faisalx21 Posted at 2017-7-28 09:23
same thing here ,after one week with contact dji customer service they told me its my fault,  i send black box for analysis and they said it my fault to fly in interference area, i told them i fly my mavic in same area and have no issues it give me easy 120m hight and 4500m distance , they don't want to say that problem is spark issue and they only want proof that the customer is the problem, now guys we pay 700$ for nothing

Dear Pals,

I was lucky enough I did not buy Dji spark remote online. I went to"The drone shop" in Singapore which is Dji official partner. The shopkeeper told me that 2 km range will only happen in the US. So I read once again the remote spec and yes. They put ** and the explanation further below. I'm glad I did not buy the remote, but I regret I bought spark. I think I should buy Mavic Instead.

2017-7-29
Use props
fans734820a7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30230 ft
Taiwan

Anyone here test the new firmware?
2017-7-30
Use props
fanse4e8ec7b
New
Israel

Like all of you guys, of course my spark can't go more then 150 m.

I don't believe any update will fix the problem, only a recall and changing some components in the drone can solve the problem.
2017-7-30
Use props
BTDronedThat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19524 ft
United States

Well count me in

Got disconnected 3 times in less than 30 minutes. Luckily I was flying it very close to me and it returned to home and waited hovering until I turned the controller back On and reconnected to AC.
This happened to me using OTG and Wifi.

Everything starts with my RC beeping and blinking the 4 LED lights then shows disconnected and and then the RC turns Off. I had to turn the RC back on and reconnect to land the drone.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi All, after upgrading the latest firmware for aircraft and remote, please remember to reboot them.
Please fly the drone in open area without interference, turn off bluetooth.
If you still have the image transmission issue, please leave me the model and system version of your phone, then export the data as the tutorial, upload it to dropbox and post the link here so we can review it for you, thanks.
2017-7-31
Use props
7hibault
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello all,

So what should happen happened, the drone crashed a third time which will be the last.
There is a big crack on one of its 4 amrs and the propeller engine is veiled.

Tried to reach the customer service, the guy did not even talk English properly. I really am pis**d. DJI you have to take you responsibilities here and do something.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25085 ft
Russia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-31 03:57
Hi All, after upgrading the latest firmware for aircraft and remote, please remember to reboot them.
If you still have the image transmission issue, please leave me the model and system version of your phone, then export the data as the tutorial, upload it to dropbox and post the link here so we can review it for you, thanks.

When you install the update on the console, it stays at 99% and earsily squeaks 15 minutes. After that, I had to turn it off and after turning on the remote it beams red twice and is invisible to the phones (I was different)
In online support I was offered to send him to the Netherlands at his own expense and most likely the repair will be the same for me. How to return it to the factory settings, or who does not know, do not connect it to the computer (why did the developers do not understand it)
2017-7-31
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-31 03:57

I'm getting lots of downlink restore.. during those times.. my remote lost connection with spark & also video transmission error..

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/FU7MBNF7A61CADZYV3OQ/

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/H6JIE0R4CID8DPCVYF0M/
also i cant seems to find older records like 28 July Data.. i only see 29th data in data upload

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n61i4tfmzsskv80/Blackbox.zip?dl=0

heres my file
2017-7-31
Use props
Faisalx21
lvl.2
Kuwait

The easy word we get from dji support is " you fly in interference area "", again I try different area and also brig my mavic to test fly range and have no issues with mavic , but when I fly the spark we have problem with range , like I said 2.1 km it's big joke, it seems hardware issues for many spark that came out first.
For those ho want buy spark , buy mavic , you will pay 700$ for 250 m distance.
2017-7-31
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Faisalx21 Posted at 2017-7-31 08:59
The easy word we get from dji support is " you fly in interference area "", again I try different area and also brig my mavic to test fly range and have no issues with mavic , but when I fly the spark we have problem with range , like I said 2.1 km it's big joke, it seems hardware issues for many spark that came out first.
For those ho want buy spark , buy mavic , you will pay 700$ for 250 m distance.

mavic isnt using wifi but ocusync which is better.. anyway im just providing more data for them... so far im happy.... i made 1.7km with no issues... from 1 island to another...
2017-7-31
Use props
Amichai
New
Flight distance : 49416 ft
Israel

I have the same problem. All firmwares are up to date. Dji app latest version. Otg cable connected to iPhone 7 plus. Open and clear  field. After 200 meters distance and 30 meters Height  the rc disconnected. What can I do?
2017-7-31
Use props
Amichai
New
Flight distance : 49416 ft
Israel

fans734820a7 Posted at 2017-7-30 00:53
Anyone here test the new firmware?

yes.... it doesnt work
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

7hibault Posted at 2017-7-31 04:08
Hello all,

So what should happen happened, the drone crashed a third time which will be the last.

Sorry to hear about that, the drone needs to be sent in for evaluation and repair.
May I know you got a case number from support or not?
Please PM me your phone number so we could check the record and try our best to help you.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans8a1c52ee Posted at 2017-7-31 05:24
When you install the update on the console, it stays at 99% and earsily squeaks 15 minutes. After that, I had to turn it off and after turning on the remote it beams red twice and is invisible to the phones (I was different)
In online support I was offered to send him to the Netherlands at his own expense and most likely the repair will be the same for me. How to return it to the factory settings, or who does not know, do not connect it to the computer (why did the developers do not understand it)

Please try to press the power button on remote for about 9 seconds, you will hear the sound "DDD", then check whether you could find the RC WiFi or not.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Amichai Posted at 2017-7-31 09:38
I have the same problem. All firmwares are up to date. Dji app latest version. Otg cable connected to iPhone 7 plus. Open and clear  field. After 200 meters distance and 30 meters Height  the rc disconnected. What can I do?

Would you please export the data as the tutorial I attached above so we can review it for you. Please be noted that there are 3 files in total.
Then please help me confirm the model and system version for your mobile device.
Please describe the exact data and time it happened, thank you in advance!

2017-8-1
Use props
Cubi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27776 ft
Germany

In my case the firmware didn't improve anything. I'm still getting connection losses after flying only a few meters way. My Spark has now been sent to DJI to check if it's a hardware issue. I'm really disappointed with this drone and the way DJI handles this dilemma.

A friend of mine is also flying a Spark and he's not having the same problems. So I really hope that there's just something wrong with my Spark. Hopefully DJI service is able to find a hardware issue. If not I'll have to request a refund. Can't believe I spent 800 Euro and can't use it properly....
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

eylneb Posted at 2017-7-31 05:43
I'm getting lots of downlink restore.. during those times.. my remote lost connection with spark & also video transmission error..

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/FU7MBNF7A61CADZYV3OQ/

Thank you, I have forwarded it to engineers, will review your data soon and keep you updated.
2017-8-1
Use props
LeonidLi
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-1 03:09
Please try to press the power button on remote for about 9 seconds, you will hear the sound "DDD", then check whether you could find the RC WiFi or not.

I tried this method many times but the remote did not come to life. He still flashes twice red light and not one phone sees him ((((((How I was not lucky, I bought it in spain on vacation and I could not shoot normally.) From the beginning, he lost the connection permanently and then Even died on the update.And that you would absolutely hang myself, I still dumped the Mavik in the pond because of the loss of communication
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cubi Posted at 2017-8-1 03:31
In my case the firmware didn't improve anything. I'm still getting connection losses after flying only a few meters way. My Spark has now been sent to DJI to check if it's a hardware issue. I'm really disappointed with this drone and the way DJI handles this dilemma.

A friend of mine is also flying a Spark and he's not having the same problems. So I really hope that there's just something wrong with my Spark. Hopefully DJI service is able to find a hardware issue. If not I'll have to request a refund. Can't believe I spent 800 Euro and can't use it properly....

We are sincerely sorry to hear about that, would you please leave us your case number so we can follow up it for you?
2017-8-1
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Vpasq it normally will have u confirm if u want to land the last foot or so that's why I continuously hovered  ...also you can stick your hand underneath it you just have to go towards the back more because the cameras are picking up your hand underneath the quadcopter so it's raising itself up thinking that your hand is the ground doesn't want to crash
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

LeonidLi Posted at 2017-8-1 04:31
I tried this method many times but the remote did not come to life. He still flashes twice red light and not one phone sees him ((((((How I was not lucky, I bought it in spain on vacation and I could not shoot normally.) From the beginning, he lost the connection permanently and then Even died on the update.And that you would absolutely hang myself, I still dumped the Mavik in the pond because of the loss of communication

The LED keeps flashing twice red all the time or it will turn to be solid red or green after waiting for about 1 minutes?
2017-8-1
Use props
LeonidLi
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-1 05:06
The LED keeps flashing twice red all the time or it will turn to be solid red or green after waiting for about 1 minutes?

The console switches on red two times when it is turned on. When you press the power button and delay the pressing for about 9 seconds, a beep sounds but the remote is not visible by the devices. After about a minute the remote starts to squeak but it's not visible and the lamp also flashes
2017-8-1
Use props
jchayden
New
United States

I was one of the few not to have any issues at all with mine before the latest update.  After the update though it's gone straight downhill.  Nothing but disconnects and black viewing screen.  Using iphone 7 connected to remote with cable.  Too nervous to fly it anymore, no fun at all.  I wish I wouldve bought the Mavic.
2017-8-1
Use props
Cubi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27776 ft
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-1 04:33
We are sincerely sorry to hear about that, would you please leave us your case number so we can follow up it for you?

I've sent you a message with my RMA number. Let's hope they can fix the problem.
2017-8-2
Use props
monch0te
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105787 ft
Spain

jchayden Posted at 2017-8-1 08:32
I was one of the few not to have any issues at all with mine before the latest update.  After the update though it's gone straight downhill.  Nothing but disconnects and black viewing screen.  Using iphone 7 connected to remote with cable.  Too nervous to fly it anymore, no fun at all.  I wish I wouldve bought the Mavic.

Same here. Not a single problem and excellent range until July's FW update. Now I get random disconnections even at short distances.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-107467-1-1.html
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

LeonidLi Posted at 2017-8-1 05:32
The console switches on red two times when it is turned on. When you press the power button and delay the pressing for about 9 seconds, a beep sounds but the remote is not visible by the devices. After about a minute the remote starts to squeak but it's not visible and the lamp also flashes

In that case, the remote needs to be sent in for evaluation, really sorry for the trouble caused.
Please contact support to start a case number: http://www.dji.com/support/product
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules