Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-12
Use props
rrtc
lvl.1
Hungary

hello All, I have got my new Spark yesterday (12 Sept 2017) .  Unboxed, updated all hardware. Then I tried to hover it  - just hit the take off button, no controlling just  hovering - at home  inside . The RC  / AC got disconnected 2 times during the first "flight". it reconnected and I could hit the land button and the drone landed. The connection got interrupted during the 2nd flight (hover) also but could finally land it again. I'm  using Sony mobile + android and OTG cable with the RC.  After reading all these posts, I'm wondering if any of you guys getting these issues in July / Aug have any solution  or still waiting?  
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

rrtc Posted at 2017-9-13 05:48
hello All, I have got my new Spark yesterday (12 Sept 2017) .  Unboxed, updated all hardware. Then I tried to hover it  - just hit the take off button, no controlling just  hovering - at home  inside . The RC  / AC got disconnected 2 times during the first "flight". it reconnected and I could hit the land button and the drone landed. The connection got interrupted during the 2nd flight (hover) also but could finally land it again. I'm  using Sony mobile + android and OTG cable with the RC.  After reading all these posts, I'm wondering if any of you guys getting these issues in July / Aug have any solution  or still waiting?

Did you get any error message from your app?
Please try to fly in wide place without interference. Please connect with wifi instead.
Please keep us updated, thanks.
2017-9-14
Use props
djiuser_ZiLn3bA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158009 ft
United States

Had an issue today - on my second battery flying out on the beach (about 32C outside temperature) and as I was bringing the aircraft back, the remote controller's wifi seemed to just turn off. The wifi stopped broadcasting and my phone dropped the connection, as well as losing connection to the aircraft. I was able to retrieve the aircraft before it landed. I turned the RC off and on again and the wifi started broadcasting again.

I wonder if this is an issue with the Remote Controller itself overheating?
2017-9-18
Use props
Eiwar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38786 ft
United States

NerdyGuy Posted at 2017-7-6 15:03
Same.  Even tried switching to just 2.4ghz only.   TOTALLY same issue.  It was SO bad, that I had the controller phone set up, Spark was in the sky, less than 75 ft, I couldn't even send a RTH to the machine in flight.  The battery was getting low, like 24% and I could NOT send the RTH command to it.  I was fearing that I would have to let the battery die to allow for auto RTH.   I eventually was able to squeak an RTH to the device if I was RIGHT BELOW IT..   I honestly have ZERO trust in this device.   As I mentioned previously.  I will wait for ONE firmware upgrade, if not fixed at that time, I would like to get a return issued.   I can't fly this bird if I have no control over it.   It is VERY, VERY unsafe to have a flying guillotine in the air.   I cannot keep this device if it is that unsafe.    This is my 3rd DJI product.   Osmo Mobile, Mavic and now the Spark.  Please get this issue fixed, as I will not be flying it until it is resolved.

I don't know if this makes sense, but, I have been flying for 5 mos now and haven't had issues with the connection yet. However, I did start havin issues when I got here in the US. It would disconnect on me even if it was just a feet away. And a feet high. I have no idea why it's happening. But it is, truly DISAPPOINTING.
2017-10-15
Use props
Eiwar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38786 ft
United States

NerdyGuy Posted at 2017-7-6 15:03
Same.  Even tried switching to just 2.4ghz only.   TOTALLY same issue.  It was SO bad, that I had the controller phone set up, Spark was in the sky, less than 75 ft, I couldn't even send a RTH to the machine in flight.  The battery was getting low, like 24% and I could NOT send the RTH command to it.  I was fearing that I would have to let the battery die to allow for auto RTH.   I eventually was able to squeak an RTH to the device if I was RIGHT BELOW IT..   I honestly have ZERO trust in this device.   As I mentioned previously.  I will wait for ONE firmware upgrade, if not fixed at that time, I would like to get a return issued.   I can't fly this bird if I have no control over it.   It is VERY, VERY unsafe to have a flying guillotine in the air.   I cannot keep this device if it is that unsafe.    This is my 3rd DJI product.   Osmo Mobile, Mavic and now the Spark.  Please get this issue fixed, as I will not be flying it until it is resolved.

I don't know if this makes sense, but, I have been flying for 5 mos now and haven't had issues with the connection yet. However, I did start havin issues when I got here in the US. It would disconnect on me even if it was just a feet away. And a feet high. I have no idea why it's happening. But it is, truly DISAPPOINTING.
2017-10-15
Use props
djiuser_hePeoHV
New
United States

Ugh, I was afraid I'd find an un-solved thread like this... Got two Sparks recently, for my partner and I, and this has happened pretty frequently to both of us - at some point our phones disconnect, and the Spark just isn't broadcasting wifi any more to connect back to. Just now I made the mistake of taking off from under our covered patio, so return-to-home put it on the roof :eyeroll:

Anecdotally, it does seem to be later in the flight or on second takeoff (even with plenty of battery reported), so maybe that supports the overheating idea. Nice cool autumn day today, and I didn't make it through one battery before it kicked me off, leaving me hoping it would at least stay on my property (it did).

Hope a solution is found - the thing is a little too pricey to not be able to trust like that.
2017-10-22
Use props
djidcdc
New
United States

djiuser_hePeoHV Posted at 2017-10-22 11:33
Ugh, I was afraid I'd find an un-solved thread like this... Got two Sparks recently, for my partner and I, and this has happened pretty frequently to both of us - at some point our phones disconnect, and the Spark just isn't broadcasting wifi any more to connect back to. Just now I made the mistake of taking off from under our covered patio, so return-to-home put it on the roof :eyeroll:

Anecdotally, it does seem to be later in the flight or on second takeoff (even with plenty of battery reported), so maybe that supports the overheating idea. Nice cool autumn day today, and I didn't make it through one battery before it kicked me off, leaving me hoping it would at least stay on my property (it did).

One more note: we're just using our (Android) phones for control. Others have suspected their dedicated controllers... I _think_ it's the Spark that stops broadcasting, though.
2017-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_hePeoHV Posted at 2017-10-22 11:33

First you must always be aware where your craft will return to, flying in correct environments is crucial to successful flight.
You need to also give us as much information when seeking help.
What phone you are using
What kind of area you are flying in.
Is it transmission that is cutting out
Is it radio that is cutting out
What have you set low battery at
2017-10-22
Use props
Videocreativ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27900 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-29 17:54
To locate where the problem persists and get it sorted out, please help us confirm the following info.
1. What is the firmware version for remote and aircraft? You could upload a screenshot here.
2. Please download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark page, install it then connect the aircraft to PC, run assistant 2 and export the data from black box, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.[view_image]

Please help me with my Spark. I think is a little problem with the connection. I lost the signal from the Spark no matter what distance it is. I try to export data from BlackBox. The link is here:    Thank you
2017-11-9
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

just wanted to report that I no longer have and disconnects!!! the cure? Nothing... it must had been interference or a small glitch that has gone away and maybe because my iPhone battery was getting low had something to do with it... because i had an iphone low battery warning at the time. this only happened during Gesture flying a few feet away but with the Spark controller connected also. it only happened two time though.
2017-11-9
Use props
rrtc
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-14 02:03
Did you get any error message from your app?
Please try to fly in wide place without interference. Please connect with wifi instead.
Please keep us updated, thanks.

hi Elektra,  I have tried few times and the problem did not occurre again for some time. Only once recently when I let the battery go down around 10% . The aircraft disconnected and there was no other msg in the DJI APP. If I check the history, the flight recording stops there (10% batt) , and no msg . The last msg was "GPS Signal weak" at the take off (25% batt).
(about connection: I realized afterwards that it was wifi connected, the OTG cable is not working on my android phone.. ) . do you have any recommendation what to check?  thank you
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

rrtc Posted at 2017-11-20 04:56
hi Elektra,  I have tried few times and the problem did not occurre again for some time. Only once recently when I let the battery go down around 10% . The aircraft disconnected and there was no other msg in the DJI APP. If I check the history, the flight recording stops there (10% batt) , and no msg . The last msg was "GPS Signal weak" at the take off (25% batt).
(about connection: I realized afterwards that it was wifi connected, the OTG cable is not working on my android phone.. ) . do you have any recommendation what to check?  thank you

Please check the wifi setting and see if most of the channels are green. Please ensure that there is no interference around your spark.
flight environment.PNG
2017-11-20
Use props
Alexis Rosa
lvl.1

United States

I recently encountered this issue. I started the flight with everything in order. I started flying in sport mode and decided to take it far out, when all the sudden, I lost connection with the aircraft. The DJI go app prompted me to return home, but when I slide the button for the return home function, the app said something about timing out. I  waited, hoping that the aircraft would return to home when detected the lost signal but it never did. Instead, it it hovered until the battery died and then dropped from the sky and damaged the aircraft motors along with the body and battery. I only had this aircraft for about a month or so and I flew it without any problem until this. I sent the aircraft for repair and to be analysed to see if it was an factory problem. Luckily I have bought DJI refresh, but I dont think this should be replaced by then, since the aircraft did not do what it advertised to do. I am very dissapointed with this, since now I cant trust it. I wanted to use this drone for photography but I cannot help to think that one day , I will not get it back. Im still awaiting communication from DJI on the matter.
2017-11-22
Use props
sibu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Alexis Rosa Posted at 2017-11-22 08:11
I recently encountered this issue. I started the flight with everything in order. I started flying in sport mode and decided to take it far out, when all the sudden, I lost connection with the aircraft. The DJI go app prompted me to return home, but when I slide the button for the return home function, the app said something about timing out. I  waited, hoping that the aircraft would return to home when detected the lost signal but it never did. Instead, it it hovered until the battery died and then dropped from the sky and damaged the aircraft motors along with the body and battery. I only had this aircraft for about a month or so and I flew it without any problem until this. I sent the aircraft for repair and to be analysed to see if it was an factory problem. Luckily I have bought DJI refresh, but I dont think this should be replaced by then, since the aircraft did not do what it advertised to do. I am very dissapointed with this, since now I cant trust it. I wanted to use this drone for photography but I cannot help to think that one day , I will not get it back. Im still awaiting communication from DJI on the matter.

I also have a similar problem...It started after the recent update....My previous versions were having a good flight path with very little issues ...While with this new update, the SPARK disconnects in flight and the RTH cannot be controlled either...No control over the RC either !!  All my updates were using DJI assitant 2 through the PC....
DJI has to check this matter immediately and provide the previous version as the new update....  Please do not bring new updates without testing the software !!
2017-11-22
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Alexis Rosa Posted at 2017-11-22 08:11

Did it get a good home point before you started flying in sport mode?  Are you guys using the OTG cable?  Was it close enough that you could fly it by visual sight of the drone?  The controller antennas were upright and not waving around as you looked at the smartphone display?

I am not sure that your RC was disconnected.  It sounds like only the video was disconnected (always the first to go bad).  Hence, you having the option to RTH but didn't swipe early enough.  You will only have the RTH option if the controller still has a radio connection to the drone.   So it waited there in sport mode for an input from the controller?  

Not sure why it would hover until the battery died unless it had continuous up from the left stick.
2017-11-22
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
United States

New flyer here. First disconnect today, probably my 14th flight.  Very nerve racking but it kicked into RTH and came back safely.   My spark is at firmware v01.00.0701, using the RC w/ OTG cable to my Android.  The phone was not in airplane mode.  I had about 16-17 sats connected and no connection warnings previous. In fact i've never gotten even a temporary disconnect error on previous flights.  The AC was 100ft up and about 75 feet away.  In line of sight, in a field next to a river and roadway.   This was a new flight area so my theory is some sort of interference or i've read bluetooth? I do have a Fitbit that i wear.   The RC connected again when the AC was about 10 feet away in RTH mode.

Wondering how I can figure out exactly what happened and what I can do in the future to prevent.  I've flown further and higher before, so i was surprised by this sudden disconnect.  Thanks for the help.
2017-12-3
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

tvon Posted at 2017-12-3 13:23
New flyer here. First disconnect today, probably my 14th flight.  Very nerve racking but it kicked into RTH and came back safely.   My spark is at firmware v01.00.0701, using the RC w/ OTG cable to my Android.  The phone was not in airplane mode.  I had about 16-17 sats connected and no connection warnings previous. In fact i've never gotten even a temporary disconnect error on previous flights.  The AC was 100ft up and about 75 feet away.  In line of sight, in a field next to a river and roadway.   This was a new flight area so my theory is some sort of interference or i've read bluetooth? I do have a Fitbit that i wear.   The RC connected again when the AC was about 10 feet away in RTH mode.

Wondering how I can figure out exactly what happened and what I can do in the future to prevent.  I've flown further and higher before, so i was surprised by this sudden disconnect.  Thanks for the help.

First of all it's good to read that your Spark behaved exactly as it is supposed to in such a situation and has returned safely! Apart of that it is very likely that there has been an interference that has caused the disconnect, espacially since you are in FCC mode with strong WiFi that does not disconnect easily. I don't know what a "Fitbit" is, if it is using bluettoth, that might be an interference. Had you used it during your previous flights too? But since it was a new flight area for you, the interference can have come from other sources too.
2017-12-3
Use props
lrymsza - BR/SC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12398 ft
Brazil

Me too, having the same problem? how should I proceed?
2017-12-3
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
United States

A fitbit is a fitness tracker that you wear on your wrist. Connects to your phone via bluetooth.  It *shouldnt* sync randomly but sometimes does.  I always wear it so yes, i have worn on previous flights.

Is there anything in flight logs or the blackbox thing that would point to the type of interference?
2017-12-3
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

tvon Posted at 2017-12-3 13:23

Here is my flightlog. Im new at interpreting these, but i'd never seen that class B warning before either:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/18CGY1K2WJ56XQ4SIGTK/
2017-12-3
Use props
fansc4c4f5b3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1325 ft
United Kingdom

I've suffered at the hands of this issue last week.

On 28 November, my cheeky little Spark decided to Fly Away, after the RC Remote disconnected on me during a flight. I was 'cautiously' flying in ATTI (which I seem to have to do a lot living near Heathrow Airport) but then lost connection to the aircraft within 45seconds of taking off. The Spark was directly above me, then when the connection had dropped, it started to fly off in a random direction. I frantically tried to reconnect the RC Remote by turning it off and on again, but this did nothing. (I was connected to the Remote using my iPhone 5S and wifi) I pressed the RTH button, but as it was in ATTI mode, it hadn't updated it's Home Location, and also GPS signal was weak.

I gave chase, or as much as I could as it flew over a housing estate. Then I lost sight of it and it never came back. :-(

I tried the 'Find My Drone' options, and nothing was happening. I searched the area where I thought it may have landed and couldn't find it. It's been a week now, and I've lost hope of getting it back, and to make matters worse, DJI have examined my Flight Record and determined that the Spark behaved 'as it would normally behave in ATTI mode' meaning this incident is NOT a warranty issue. They are not going to replace my drone.

Well thank you DJI. Thank you for reassuring me that my £500 State-of-the-art hardware has NOT malfunctioned and that I should have expected it to fly away whenever it felt like it. Thank you.

I'd also like to point out that their analysis of this incident was purely based on the flight record, which lasted only as long as the RC Remote was connected to the Spark. (48seconds) They did not take into account that once the connection was terminated, the Spark then started to fly away. (The weather conditions were calm, and it was quite cold, so I don't see it being an overheating issue) They also ignored the fact that the Remote lost connection to the Spark in the first place.

I wish I could test out better methods for connection, or try flying in 2.4GHz mode, but I have no Spark anymore.

Has anyone else had 'great' customer service from DJI that they'd like to share?
2017-12-4
Use props
AlexAU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101772 ft
Australia

Hi Everyone,

The parrot Bebop 2 has a charging issue therefore I had to return it 2 week after buying it. I love the drone but it was faulty. I have been looking to buy a drone for a while now. Through a lot of research, I've discovered issues and faults with all the high end drones available on the market! Does the current firmware available for the dji spark fly more combo drone address the fly away issues? I own a galaxy s7 edge and would like to know if I bought the drone and connected the phone to the controller with the supplied cable, will i experience any fly away issues in P mode and S mode?
2017-12-9
Use props
Alexis Rosa
lvl.1

United States

BEWARE! This company will look for any loophole that will get them away from standing behind their faulty product. You might have gotten away with it and made money from me, but I will make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I will make it my personal business to let everyone I know about the fraudulent and subpar service your company has provided for what turned out to be a very expensive cheap toy.

From the poor communication,  to the month and a half that took for your company to address the issue and after multiple calls and aggravation of explaining over and over that the aircraft never did what it advertised it would do (Return Home after disconnection or land itself gracefully after battery depletion) ,it took a few minutes  for your company to turn around and look for the first loophole (flight data inconclusive)  they could find to get away from standing behind its product.

Not only I was treated like garbage and the aircraft was defective, you have a well documented thread in your forums with a multitude of people that have experienced the same issue with the unit. This is unacceptable, and I had it with your company.

You might have saved some money by ignoring the issue with me, but I guarantee you that you will loose a whole lot more by the people I will steer away from buying a DJI product again.

Your company is the ultimate scam!
2017-12-22
Use props
diem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9442 ft
Greece

had the same issue yesterday. Spark didnt RTH AD  landed away from me due to low battery. Had to go and look for it i the woods!   
2017-12-22
Use props
Gulfstream Greg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176024 ft
United States

I've had my spark for 4 days. I have updated to the very latest firmware and   the very latest DJI GO 4 app on 28 Dec 2017.    I have a controller and I use a Moto G5 phone. The Go 4 app frequently   disconnect while the spark is in flight.    It happens regardless of the distance.    I have this serious problem while hovering just 4 feet away and I also   experienced this frightening problem while flying at altitude.   The disconnect happens when I have a full battery charge on all--the Spark, the   controller and my phone.
2017-12-29
Use props
fans90f3172b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23117 ft
Argentina

Same problem
2018-1-2
Use props
fans26883d67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67841 ft
United States

I too had this happen to me, the RC link went red and Iphone had no video showed disconnected. However my spark did a RTH with no issues the video and flight logs just stopped when this happened.
had to power cycle the spark and RC to get them to connect again.  
2018-1-2
Use props
AndersonJPA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27759 ft
Brazil

fans26883d67 Posted at 2018-1-2 08:40
I too had this happen to me, the RC link went red and Iphone had no video showed disconnected. However my spark did a RTH with no issues the video and flight logs just stopped when this happened.
had to power cycle the spark and RC to get them to connect again.

It's happen with me today, after a few secounds the connection between My Cellpnone (Moto G4 Plus) and Remote Control was lost, when a tried bring the Spark back using the RC I saw the RC no response.
My Spark returned to home safe but my heart almost stop.
This episode happend after I used the second battery.
I just tried loking for the information in my Flight Log but the Log dont save any data after the episode.
2018-2-11
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
United States

Well the problem is back. 2 times, both a day apart.  Both times at the Beach (different locations).  Nothing obvious nearby interfering.  One time the AC was 100ft away and the 2nd time it was 5ft away.  RTH worked both times but this is getting frustrating!!
2018-2-20
Use props
savah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2608 ft
Kuwait

Same problem for me yesterday.

This was my 2nd flight that the same problem happened. This flight went like this.

I went to the yard of my building complex which has a pool. The time was around 21:30 at night. The yard was dark and the pool was lit.

I turned on my RC, then I turned on my spark, it got GPS signal and then I started flying. 30 seconds into the flight the drone started drifting to the right without me even touching the controls. It went and hovered over the pool where I started to really panic. Then it got disconnected from the RC and it was showing command timeout and started a RTH landing on top of the pool!!!! You can imagine my nerves at this point. I didnt even know what if it was going to stop so I really tried to reach as much as I could and fortunately i was able to catch it mid air where i turned it upside down and the motors stopped.

The previous time that I tried to fly it in the yard exactly the same thing happened! RTH over the pool.

Here are the logs from phantomhelp http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/G53NDYB8BHWCBOVZXDKR/

Also here are the blackbox logs for DJI. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w96ew ... ZsH5AqI4Rt9NTa?dl=0

2018-2-28
Use props
Slipursons
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443993 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I had the same issue yesterday myself. Lifted, recorded RTH-location and started flying, after about 20 seconds the RC lost connection and the Spark stops midair. It then flew home, I restarted the RC before it landed and it reconnected fine. Restarted everything before i tried again and it worked without problems.

I have noticed lately that sometimes when i first start the Spark and then the RC and wait for connection the light goes green on the RC and a few seconds later it goes red and the RC starts beeping as if it didnt find the Spark at all, then it goes back to green and is fine. Tho i have never had it happen this far into a flight and i have about 18 hours in the air and 72 kilometers of distance total :/
2018-3-2
Use props
putduc
New
Serbia

Please I have problem that anyone have... I Have fly more combo, latest firmvere and etc.

PROBLEM: I conect phone with Remote with WiFi, evreting is ok, than when i turn off Spark, conection betven Phone and Remote brakes and i cant see anymore WiFi of the remote it doesn exist until i shotdown the Spark??

Somebody please?
2018-5-20
Use props
ryanirzal
New
Malaysia

Hi To All

I'm a newbie here.

Previous Drone :
1. Husband H502e       - No Problem At All
2. DJI Tello                      - No Problem At All
3. DJI Spark                    - Keep on losing signal and finally the spark auto initiate RTH and hit a tree breaking the body

My Question,

1. why is it the spark always losing signal although i'm using a controller and how to solve it (i'm playing it at a field with no building)
2. Do warranty cover the damage ( i just bought it 2 days ago )

Thanks
2018-6-8
Use props
Matteo D.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12041 ft
Italy

Feiyau.lim Posted at 2017-6-30 19:45
I had a similar issue too. Disconnected mid flight 70m away 60m high and it just landed there and then without returning to home. Thankfully managed to recover and it didn't crashed onto a busy highway or people. Logged a case 610972. Hope we find out why.

It happened to me today!!! How did you solve that problem?
Thank you!
Matteo
2018-11-11
Use props
djiuser_XfodvkCf2OTX
New
Flight distance : 148 ft

United States

So I picked up a spark and can't fly it more than about 300 ft up or out. It just loses connection and returns home. One of my friends has a spark as well. I use a Galaxy Note 3 (and also tried my Galaxy S6). He uses an apple phone. So if I use my note 3, in my controller on my spark, I get nothing but connection issues. If we switch and put my phone in his controller and his in mine, the issue all but goes away. The video quality on my spark isn't as good as his, no matter which way we do it. So my question is this, why do I keep getting connection issues if I use my phone in my controller on my drone, but if I use his phone in my controller on my drone it works fine and if I put my phone in his controller on his drone, that also works fine. Also as a note, I tried using WiFi  and I used the cable. Doesn't change a thing. Using the cable doesn't improve video quality or flight range (was in airplane mode). So far, I'm really bummed that my first drone seems to be junk. Any advice?
2019-1-8
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_XfodvkCf2OTX Posted at 1-8 15:45
So I picked up a spark and can't fly it more than about 300 ft up or out. It just loses connection and returns home. One of my friends has a spark as well. I use a Galaxy Note 3 (and also tried my Galaxy S6). He uses an apple phone. So if I use my note 3, in my controller on my spark, I get nothing but connection issues. If we switch and put my phone in his controller and his in mine, the issue all but goes away. The video quality on my spark isn't as good as his, no matter which way we do it. So my question is this, why do I keep getting connection issues if I use my phone in my controller on my drone, but if I use his phone in my controller on my drone it works fine and if I put my phone in his controller on his drone, that also works fine. Also as a note, I tried using WiFi  and I used the cable. Doesn't change a thing. Using the cable doesn't improve video quality or flight range (was in airplane mode). So far, I'm really bummed that my first drone seems to be junk. Any advice?

Return it for repair or exchange. If you bought it 3 days ago, it would be better maybe to exchange it at the store? if not possible with send it to DJI for exchange.
2019-1-8
Use props
djiuser_XfodvkCf2OTX
New

United States

Unfortunately, the drone is roughly 6 months old, as I bought it used. My friends drone does so good, I figured it would be fine. I was greatly mistaking. Lesson learned. So I will probably just have to use this one for flying around the house or just for very short flights. I was going to get a DJI pro, but if this is how their stuff is made, I'm not so sure now. Especially since I see so many people having the same issues and DJI not really doing anything about it. Think I may stick with my nitro RC trucks. I don't have any issues from them, other than the ones I cause from crashing them up lol... People who get into this sort of hobby, usually get more than one. So I would think that DJI would stand behind their stuff a little better or a least be quicker to actually fix whatever the issues are, especially if so many people are having similar issues. Makes me not want to buy anything from them. Oh well...
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_XfodvkCf2OTX
New

United States

So I put one of our spare  I-phones on the controller, instead of my android based phones. Works perfectly. So it seems that it's a concoct between the DJI equipment and android based equipment. I've tried several different android phones and it will not work. I put any I-phone on it and it works fine. DJI needs to fix this issue, because I really HATE having to use I-phone product just to fly my drone, as I do NOT like I-phones. So if you have android, I would consider not getting a spark as it just may not work for ya!
2019-1-10
Use props
skierman64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168855 ft
United States

djiuser_XfodvkCf2OTX Posted at 1-10 13:18
So I put one of our spare  I-phones on the controller, instead of my android based phones. Works perfectly. So it seems that it's a concoct between the DJI equipment and android based equipment. I've tried several different android phones and it will not work. I put any I-phone on it and it works fine. DJI needs to fix this issue, because I really HATE having to use I-phone product just to fly my drone, as I do NOT like I-phones. So if you have android, I would consider not getting a spark as it just may not work for ya!

I've had the same experience as you regarding Android vs Iphone.  I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S7 as my primary flight display since I started flying my Spark in August, over that time I've had the app crash about 6 or 7 times but I've always been able to get the Spark back home by relaunching the app and flying it home.  One of the bad things is when that happens (other than not being able to see what's going on with the drone) it doesn't record that flight into the flight log (for those that care about those things) .  On one flight more recently the app crashed three times on the same flight.  Since then I switched to my wife's Ipad and have had no issues.  

there was a recent update to the Go4 app on android, I don't know if it solved the Android app problems or not.  
2019-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules