Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluelightning77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2466811 ft
  • >>>
France

Dear DJI Natalia,
Still no update about the latest Spark firmware (public version) ??? I have sent you directly my email for testing the beta version.
I confirm too the RC and video disconnection during flights with my Spark. The only way that I do is to push the button RTH and cross the fingers...

I am using a Crystalsky 5.5 with DJI Go4 and a Remote controller
App v 4.1.0
Version : 01.00.0400
Remote Controller : 01.00.0100
Aircraft Database : 01.00.01.04
APP Database : 00.00.01.04

Please, keep us informed about the soon release of this firmware update, this begins very urgent.
2017-7-20
Use props
drone-o-rama
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118 ft
United States

Just a quick update on my specific case: after the constant RC disconnects (with phone connected via OTG cable and in airplane mode, and even when simply walking 2m behind the drone), I opted to send my Spark in to DJI for "repair".  I'm pleased to say that after their analysis they agreed to cover the repair under warranty (not requiring me to use one of my Care Refresh replacements, as they seem to have done with some others here).  The drone is still in DJI's hands, awaiting final QA.  I have no idea what they've found, and I doubt I'll ever know what they "repaired", but I'm expecting little more than the RC being upgraded with the same beta firmware they're offering others.

When I do get the drone back, I'll post a follow-up.
2017-7-20
Use props
SqueakyFly
New
United States

'm flying my Spark with a Samsung Note 4, and thank god I've been flying with the Remote Controller or I would have lost/crashed this drone 90% of the times I've flown the thing. As of right now, any time I try to use any of the quickshot features the Dji 4 app crashes, leaving my drone stranded. I have to restart the app and then use the map mode gps to get it back near me and visually land it. I think its also important to note that this isnt happening when using an iphone to link with the RC. Good to know I paid over $700 to become a beta tester for android software compatibility. Kudos DJI.
2017-7-20
Use props
SqueakyFly
New
United States

NerdyGuy Posted at 2017-7-6 17:33
I just ran another outdoor test.
Literally constantly disconnects.  Absolutely unuseable... unless all I want to do is gesture control.... then why did I buy the FM package?   Either I have a defective product or you have a SERIOUS issue.   I will say it one more time.   Must be fixed in first firmware upgrade, or I want to return it.  I have a Mavic and know what it's suppose to do & it is NOT doing what it's suppose to.   How do I set up a return/refund?

Hows the follow me mode on the mavic work? Because the spark has A LOT of difficulty tracking targets in my experience. Perhaps I should return this UNFINISHED spark and get a mavic, or leave DJI all together and not risk losing a $700 piece of hardware because of software glitches!
2017-7-20
Use props
girien
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481713 ft
Spain

fans8a1c52ee Posted at 2017-7-20 06:26
Sorry, but the question is how much time has passed since you provided your address before you saw what happened? Some write that you can not see the new firmware until you put the previous one. How to do it if the remote control does not see the laptop

3 or 4 days, but im not sure because i was offline some days :S
2017-7-20
Use props
SladeHayes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 485486 ft
United States

Hi Natalia,

I received my new Spark and the RC yesterday at the office. I tried to make a few flights around the campus and the RC disconnection issue was immediately noticeable. It flew about 5 feet up and lost connection for the first maiden flight. I swapped phones, and then got it to go a bit higher, but it still lost connection. This morning, I connected it with my iPhone 7S Plus, and an OTG cable. This time I got it to go about 30 feet up, did a few small circles and then it lost connection and began to return to home. Every time the RC looses connection with the AC.

Here's my info:

Version : 01.00.0400
Remote Controller : 01.00.0100
Aircraft Database : 01.00.01.04

All my flight data from the last 2 days is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eofxua ... a%20Upload.zip?dl=0

I have a Nexus 7, a Google Pixel XL, and an iPhone 7S+ to use and test with. Its terribly frustrating as you can imagine, because I've been waiting for this little guy for quite a while. I'd love to try the beta RC firmware and see if that fixes some of these issues.

Thanks!

2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25085 ft
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:35
Sorry I was not available for a while.
Would you please provide me your dji account (e-mail) so we can push the beta firmware to you.

You sent Natalie to me? I check constantly, there is no update
litvakl@mail.ru
2017-7-20
Use props
dims85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6260 ft
Greece

DJI natalia,

My email address is marco.diciolla85@gmail.com. Can you please forward the beta firmaware through?

Thanks
2017-7-20
Use props
fansc2c60b65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14006 ft
United States

My Spark usually first reports no video transmission, and then disconnects with the RC within the first few minutes of flight.  I reloaded the most recent firmware and same issue.  The unit is unusable!  How do I get information on returning it for a refund, as it is useless!  

2017-7-20
Use props
mikahopity
New
United States

Please send me the beta as well.  As of now this Spark is nothing more than a $700 paper weight.

mapalmer@gmail.com
2017-7-20
Use props
towheaded-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the flyless spark in white. Purchased remote separate and today the remote disconnected 3 times on 2 different batteries. I was using my ipad with bluetooth off. OTG and wifi test, it still disconnected. I was within feet of the spark and it was at a height of 8 feet.
2017-7-20
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-20
Use props
rbruinsma
New
Flight distance : 11070 ft
Netherlands

I have the same issue with my spark, using the latest firmware on my drone and RC

Blackbox dump download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5nQvjFms0SFNzZfWmZObFhhNjg/view?usp=sharing

@DJI Natalia: Please share the latest beta firmware with me as well, thanks!
2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:35
Sorry I was not available for a while.
Would you please provide me your dji account (e-mail) so we can push the beta firmware to you.

Sorry, Natalia, but I never got anything. Or have not you sent me yet? Thank you

litvakl@mail.ru
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans7a049041 Posted at 2017-7-20 06:46
hi natilia  i have the same problem almost lost my drone the other day. was using otg cable when this happend, now i connect wirelessy and it seems to fix the problem so far.. hope its just the faulty otg cable issue. and it will not happen when connected via wifi. its scary!! the remote just beeps rapidly when itry turning it off. the screen turnd gray and and everything freezes, lost all control nothing i can do just waiting for it to crash. RTH a few yards from away from home point. heres a dropbox link of the flight data so you can check for (BTW after the crash i turnd it on.. still works after a few sec. starts to freeze again) its the fresh BLaCk box data u can work on or check thank you -enrico from the philippines

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b1v5pgism1l3435/AADiAF4HLfPq6vhZr9YGSdF5a?dl=0

We're aware of this situation and working to improve the performance recently.
The official firmware will be released within next week, please wait patiently, thanks.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

girien Posted at 2017-7-20 05:24
I install the update yesterday and fly 3 batteries in a row on a iPhone6 in plane mode. Using 5.8 Wifi

All was perfect, before the update i had disconnects in the second battery causing the aircraft lands in a tree 2 times.

We're pleased to hear it performs properly after upgrading, appreciate your feedback!
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluelightning77 Posted at 2017-7-20 07:18
Dear DJI Natalia,
Still no update about the latest Spark firmware (public version) ??? I have sent you directly my email for testing the beta version.
I confirm too the RC and video disconnection during flights with my Spark. The only way that I do is to push the button RTH and cross the fingers...

I checked the info with engineers, the official firmware is estimated to be released within next week, please wait patiently, appreciate your support!
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi All,
The firmware test has finished, appreciate your support.
I have checked the info with engineers, we will release the official firmware within next week.
Will let you know once it's available, thank you all for your support!
2017-7-21
Use props
mArkAntonio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22625 ft
Lithuania

DJI Natalia , can you please send me the Beta firmware update?   (    markantonioo@gmail.com   )
2017-7-21
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-21 03:45
Hi All,
I have checked the info with engineers, we will release the official firmware within next week.

Dear Natalia, I'm still waiting for the test firmware. My vacation has been left for one week and the only hope is to shoot something if you still send me the firmware as promised yesterday. I remind you of the address of the account litvakl@mail.ru
2017-7-21
Use props
fans2435bed5
lvl.1
Taiwan

Dear Dji Natalia,

I have the same issues of disconnecting RC.

My email address is steveyeh66@gmail.com.  I would like to try the beta firmware!

Thanks.

2017-7-21
Use props
fans0610e2e8
New
Norway

Hi! knut@knutgrimstad.no
Remote connection drop out every other second. Outside temp about 25 degrees.  Link to firmware?
2017-7-21
Use props
dezign999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27297 ft
United States

Hi All,

The big question from iOS users is, will the OTG function in the Official Firmware Update?
2017-7-21
Use props
Roli6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 589528 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Im waiting since 2 days for the Beta, wrote Dji Natalia again yestetday, still no Beta, nothing.

Firmware Update next week? I want to fly this weekend, because weather is good.

My Account: Roland.kreidl@a1.net
2017-7-21
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Hi All,

Great news, looking forward to the new firmware.

2017-7-21
Use props
Bluelightning77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2466811 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-21 03:41
I checked the info with engineers, the official firmware is estimated to be released within next week, please wait patiently, appreciate your support!

Thank you very much DJI Natalia, this is a very good news.
As soon as I shall been able to update my Spark firmware, I shall keep you infomed about the tests results....

Sincerely
2017-7-21
Use props
gkelly
lvl.1
Canada

I followed the instructions from DJI Richard on support chat and refreshed the firmware and did IMU and compass calibration.  It's 33c here, around the same time that battery temperature hit 41c the dropouts started happening.  On my first test battery the remote did manage to reconnect enough for me to issue the landing command.  I switched batteries (to one that didn't come with the Fly More kit) and had the same issue within about one minute of flight.  This time the controller didn't reconnect.  I power cycled the controller and managed to issue the landing command.

I then switched to flying only with my phone and managed to put about ten minutes of flight in without any disconnects.

DJI <Anybody>, is this a thermal issue with the RC?  The AC?  How did you peeps fix this in firmware?
2017-7-21
Use props
gkelly
lvl.1
Canada

Just talked to DJI Richard and asked to get on the beta because the Spark is unflyable with RC without something being done about this issue.  DJI Richard said "For this one, We have no information about the new firmware being released yet." and also "And for the beta firmware it is not available. For the beta firmware is a first test firmware."

Cool.  
2017-7-21
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

Were we deceived? I was never sent! To me to fly away soon, money to the wind
2017-7-21
Use props
Obi1andKobe
New
United States

THIS THREAD IS LOL.

I tried to work with support and DJI moderators, no one wants to send me the beta firmware. I went ahead and returned mine today. Much better things to do with $700 than fly it five feet before returning to home.
2017-7-21
Use props
fans0610e2e8
New
Norway

I found out that if i disconnect my phone from the controller wifi, the green light on the controller remains green wich means that the connection between the Spark and controller is present. If I reconnect my phone the problem is back
2017-7-21
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

TURN BLUETOOTH OFF ON YER PHONE!   All my issues went away.
2017-7-21
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

NerdyGuy Posted at 2017-7-21 13:40
TURN BLUETOOTH OFF ON YER PHONE!   All my issues went away.

Remote control loses the drone. And here is the phone?
2017-7-21
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

My wife's Spark disconnected from the RC (no warnings or interference notices) and disappeared. We never found it.... filed claim with my insurance, got reimbursed and moved on to something else. Sounds like serious problem with disconnects.

Too bad DJI doesn't seem to fully test these things before releasing them to production. Unless their plan is to beta test on the customer....
2017-7-21
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

I was promised to send a firmware which corrects this problem but as a result of which they did not send anything. Amazing support service attitude
2017-7-21
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a massive lawsuit coming up if this thing does not get fix or a total recall.
2017-7-21
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

Even with the .0207 firmware my Spark still disconnected from the RC today. Same behavior as before. It is hot here today so I fully expect it is a thermal triggered problem.
2017-7-21
Use props
fansb3a79777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 323235 ft
United States

I've had mine for 2 weeks flown 0 times Iam scared to . Wish someone on dji side would answer my emails/messages this is crazy
2017-7-21
Use props
fansb3a79777
lvl.3
United States

Also I purchased fly more package
2017-7-21
Use props
fansb3a79777
lvl.3
United States

Is it a lemon? A recall device we all spent some hard earned cash on .... Let's get some lawyer's involved?
2017-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules