Spark Remote DIsconnecting Mid Flight
49549 479 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi All,
Sincerely sorry to have kept you waiting, the official firmware will be released soon, we'll update our website and post the info on Forum once it's available.
Appreciate your support and patience!
2017-7-24
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25085 ft
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-24 04:59
Hi All,
Sincerely sorry to have kept you waiting, the official firmware will be released soon, we'll update our website and post the info on Forum once it's available.

Hello! Sincerely sorry that I bought your ..... !!! I came on vacation and could not get the desired result, then you gave me the promise to send the test firmware and I hoped that still I could use the drones as planned! And then your company is in your face Natalia threw me again! If you promise, then do it !!! The fact that the firmware will soon be released has no bearing on what you promised me to send a week on the back. You appear here for 1 minute, that would promise something and then you do not care. Nasty situation, or do not you agree? I have an airplane on Thursday, thanks to DJI for the perfect video footage. I wish all and especially support, as well as to go on vacation.
2017-7-24
Use props
Obi1andKobe
New
United States

fans8a1c52ee Posted at 2017-7-24 05:55
Hello! Sincerely sorry that I bought your ..... !!! I came on vacation and could not get the desired result, then you gave me the promise to send the test firmware and I hoped that still I could use the drones as planned! And then your company is in your face Natalia threw me again! If you promise, then do it !!! The fact that the firmware will soon be released has no bearing on what you promised me to send a week on the back. You appear here for 1 minute, that would promise something and then you do not care. Nasty situation, or do not you agree? I have an airplane on Thursday, thanks to DJI for the perfect video footage. I wish all and especially support, as well as to go on vacation.

I was always taught to speak with my wallet. My wallet said to return their product.
2017-7-24
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-24 03:44
How did you force it to change, in my case I need to pick a channel at 2.4hz and they keep flunctuating, not very stable (too much traffic I guess)...

On the radio channel selection screen I picked one that seemed the least congested. I pressed 2.4 up top then pressed the number 2 down below the channel graph. Then apply.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans0610e2e8
New
Norway

I found the sollution to my problem. I suddenly lost connection and RTH started. I was in rough terrain so I had to catch it by hand. After that I had connection drop outs almost every 5 sec. After trouble shooting for I while I found that there was a problem with my SD- card. When I took it out of the Spark everything worked again. Some of the files was corrupt and I have problems downloading the files from the SD in my computer also. New SD card, everything works again.
2017-7-24
Use props
drone-o-rama
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118 ft
United States

As I had posted earlier, I had constant problems with the remote disconnecting mid-flight and opted to send the drone and the controller in to DJI for repair.  To their credit, they agreed to remedy the problem under warranty and did not require me to use one of my Care Refresh swaps.  I received the package from DJI today.  To my surprise, what I got was both a new drone and a new remote (both have new serials).  I'm not able to do a test flight today (too stormy), but will certainly post results when I do.

FYI, the Spark firmware is v 01.00.0400 (as expected), and the RC firmware is v 01.00.0100.  I was kind of expecting the RC to have the new beta firmware that was offered (v01.00.0207), but DJI Go 4 is still offering me that upgrade (thanks, I believe, to DJI Natalia making it accessible to my account) so I can upgrade it later.  My current plan is to first fly with the existing firmware to see if this change of hardware seems to fix the RC disconnect problem or not.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

Great! Happy for you! But I can not hand over the deadline. I have a mavic, sparc burn
2017-7-24
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-24
Use props
SparkySurvey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1770289 ft
Australia

Sorry DJI Natalia, another set of data for a lost RC link I think. Details
2017-7-24
Use props
SparkySurvey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1770289 ft
Australia

Try two Sorry DJI Natalia, another set of data for a lost RC link, I think. Details below: Spark Fly More ComboFirmware Spark: v01.00.0400 Firmware RC: confirmed as latest this morning but I couldn't find the details just now. It was updated since I purchased. Phone: iPhone 6 App: DJI GO 4 v 4.1.3 Flight log file can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmhix5 ... 5_11-21-23.DAT?dl=0  I am planning to use the Spark for collecting still imagery of ecological transects in complex shrublands. I would like to keep an electronic flight book for my batteries etc. I know this data is all present in the logs but not really accessible without an App. Does DJI recommend a flight log book app?
2017-7-24
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-24 04:59
Hi All,

Dear Natalia, I would like to have a complaint, in project management and in real life, we do not use the word "soon" for deadline...
In the future, if you can, please tell the specific deadline for your release. And if you can, please tell the Spark's project manager that maybe taking some course in Project Management might help his situation.

Thanks.
2017-7-24
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

mine has done this several times. scare to even fly the drone now
2017-7-24
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-25
Use props
dawoofa
lvl.1
Thailand

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-25 01:29
It is not Dji's fault, it is ours for being early adopters... it is like Dji had to launch the product to fund the development costs... it is UNNACCEPTABLE for a company that became famous for its drones that they come up with a simplier, smaller version (not cheap by any means) in such an inmature state and with so many serious issues. For me this is LESSON LEARNED. NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY ANY DJI PRODUCT UNTIL ALL OF ITS JUVENILE ISSUES ARE WORKED OUT. I was so exited with my new toy that I told at least 30 people about it (friends and co-workers), now at least 30 people were advised not to buy this drone nor the Mavic (see my other posts). CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MATTERS LADIES & GENTLEMAN IN DJI. CUSTOMERS SHOULDN'T BE BETA TESTERS!

I do not believe that the company never experienced any of these issues while testing the product. They are asking every customer to send data logs. Why? To do a proper R&D and fix all the issues that should have been fixed before the product was ready for delivery. This is a shameful, dishonest and disrespectful way of treating anyone that trusted this Chinese tech company. I don't intend to be racist, VW screwed people around also and they are being punished for it. DJI will sooner or later learn to fulfill customer expectations...

what's wrong with Mavic seemed many people love them, I'm about to get one
2017-7-25
Use props
dawoofa
lvl.1
Thailand

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-25 01:29
It is not Dji's fault, it is ours for being early adopters... it is like Dji had to launch the product to fund the development costs... it is UNNACCEPTABLE for a company that became famous for its drones that they come up with a simplier, smaller version (not cheap by any means) in such an inmature state and with so many serious issues. For me this is LESSON LEARNED. NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY ANY DJI PRODUCT UNTIL ALL OF ITS JUVENILE ISSUES ARE WORKED OUT. I was so exited with my new toy that I told at least 30 people about it (friends and co-workers), now at least 30 people were advised not to buy this drone nor the Mavic (see my other posts). CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MATTERS LADIES & GENTLEMAN IN DJI. CUSTOMERS SHOULDN'T BE BETA TESTERS!

I do not believe that the company never experienced any of these issues while testing the product. They are asking every customer to send data logs. Why? To do a proper R&D and fix all the issues that should have been fixed before the product was ready for delivery. This is a shameful, dishonest and disrespectful way of treating anyone that trusted this Chinese tech company. I don't intend to be racist, VW screwed people around also and they are being punished for it. DJI will sooner or later learn to fulfill customer expectations...

what's wrong with Mavic seemed many people love them, I'm about to get one
2017-7-25
Use props
Cubi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27776 ft
Germany

I queue up to this thread and I'm really hoping that the new firmware is going to release ASAP. It's way to dangerous to fly the Spark at it's current state. Mine is losing its connection to the RC almost every single flight!
2017-7-25
Use props
MarkDeLo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27372 ft
United States

I purchased the DJI Spark based on the company's reputation for building quality drones.  I'm really surprised to read all this.  
2017-7-25
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MarkDeLo Posted at 2017-7-25 03:18
I purchased the DJI Spark based on the company's reputation for building quality drones.  I'm really surprised to read all this.

Well your in the right place for reading all the complaints, take a trip around the forum look at videos/ photo section you will then get an appreciation for how good these drones are, millions sold and working as they should.
2017-7-25
Use props
MarkDeLo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27372 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-25 03:40
Well your in the right place for reading all the complaints, take a trip around the forum look at videos/ photo section you will then get an appreciation for how good these drones are, millions sold and working as they should.

Thanks.  That's what I needed
2017-7-25
Use props
agipaok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6969 ft
Greece

Want to add myself to this thread...! Also same problem d/c etc...! Do we know when update will released ??? And i pray to fix that problem...! Cause i think all we bought Spark cause we say DJI is a great drone company .... but i think we are all disappointed !
2017-7-25
Use props
Faisalx21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526864 ft
Kuwait

Hi all
I test the new beta firmware , same problem and only different I see the range is increased about 50 m, before it gives me 150m distance and now 200m , the video signal lost and spark return home, I try everything 2.4 and 5.8 , use airplane mode, test with iPhone 7  iPad Pro iPad mini 4, everything you imagine I try it .
I think it's hardware issue or the beta is not fix software issues
2017-7-25
Use props
fanscee1032a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33789 ft
Luxembourg

I'm realy disapointed with my Spark and seriously regret I haven't bought the Mavic.
I've got several RC disconnections and am realy afraid to fly with it due to secuity issues. If the drones falls down like a stone ,as what happended with many Sparks I will be responsable for it.
I don't want to hurt, damage things or worse kill somebody. I am not taking the Spark in the air anymore till a new firmware will be available
2017-7-25
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-25
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-25
Use props
Faisalx21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526864 ft
Kuwait

Remote version 01.00.0207
2017-7-25
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

I don't know if this is related to this reported issue.......so I have my RC connected to my phone via OTG. A couple times now I'll be flying and get a "aircraft disconnected" error in the top left corner. The live feed is still there but all the icons are gone but I'm still able to control the Spark with the RC. The Spark is roughly maybe 50-100ft away from me when it happens.  Could this be related to the "falling out of the sky" issue?

Side question...how do I get notified when my post is quoted with a reply? I don't see an option when I type up a post.   
2017-7-25
Use props
gkelly
lvl.1
Canada

Okay, so we have reports from a beta firmware user that it solves nothing.  Sadness.

Also, if this is a firmware issue then why has DJI replaced the RC/ACs of several people on this thread?  Shouldn't they just be telling people to wait it out?
2017-7-25
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

gkelly Posted at 2017-7-25 09:46
Okay, so we have reports from a beta firmware user that it solves nothing.  Sadness.

Also, if this is a firmware issue then why has DJI replaced the RC/ACs of several people on this thread?  Shouldn't they just be telling people to wait it out?

Exactly! I'm starting to think I shouldn't have gotten the Spark. I have the Mavic and happy with it though.
2017-7-25
Use props
agipaok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6969 ft
Greece

Should we all request from DJI to take back our sparks?
2017-7-25
Use props
SladeHayes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 485486 ft
United States

"Okay, so we have reports from a beta firmware user that it solves nothing.  Sadness."
Sorry, but that's not how hardware, software, or any form of engineering works. You simply cannot diagnose one instance and call it a blanket statement for every user and hardware/software combination that exists in the wild.

This is coming from someone who sent his RC back to DJI yesterday in hopes that this issue is solved for me. I am optimisitic that they will fix this.

I work in tech on the software and hardware side and can assure you that if there's an issue, that engineers at DJI are scrambling to fix it. Not shilling for anyone, not making excuses for DJI, just someone who understands how much of a huge issue something like this is. Do yourseves a favor and view the Spark Teardown videos that exist. You will get a better appreciation for how much work goes into designing, building and producing these units. They are not toys. They are not magic. They are efforts of a LOT of people's time and energy.
2017-7-25
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew my Spark and RC disconnected above me @ 124 feet. I was using 2.4 GHz. Temp was nice not hot. And the Spark RTH and reconnected RC. Cancelled landing and took it up again. Same thing disconnected around 120 feet. Not it's because of the surrounding interferences. When the Spark landed, the AC not even warm. Then rebooted both RC and AC. Now connected to 5.8 GHz flew around without issues till battery low warning. Afraid to fly far just around the Park. Hope this issue will fix with the new firmware.
2017-7-25
Use props
Cubi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27776 ft
Germany

SladeHayes Posted at 2017-7-25 12:14
"Okay, so we have reports from a beta firmware user that it solves nothing.  Sadness."
Sorry, but that's not how hardware, software, or any form of engineering works. You simply cannot diagnose one instance and call it a blanket statement for every user and hardware/software combination that exists in the wild.

I'm also working in tech and appreciate the work DJI engineers spent to realize this drone. But it's getting more and more obvious that the Spark has been released way too early and now we're beta testing their product. And that's not forgivable in my eyes. When I spend 800 Euro on a product I expect it to work exactly as advertised. In that case it doesn't.

The worst thing is that in my case I've to convince the DJI support to repair or exchange my Spark for free. They want me to pay for their service, because my Spark is older than 14 days. And that is just horrible!

I'm about to request a refund!
2017-7-25
Use props
jolau.ph
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:20
You can leave me your account, we'd love to push the beta to your account.

Hi Natalia,

I'm having the same issue with my spark. Can i try also the beta firmware? I stopped flying my spark for two weeks already because i am aftraid to loose it and for safety reason also.

My account:
jolau.ph
Email: jolau@outlook.ph

Thanks,
Jolau
2017-7-26
Use props
dims85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6260 ft
United Kingdom

Cubi Posted at 2017-7-25 22:27
I'm also working in tech and appreciate the work DJI engineers spent to realize this drone. But it's getting more and more obvious that the Spark has been released way too early and now we're beta testing their product. And that's not forgivable in my eyes. When I spend 800 Euro on a product I expect it to work exactly as advertised. In that case it doesn't.

The worst thing is that in my case I've to convince the DJI support to repair or exchange my Spark for free. They want me to pay for their service, because my Spark is older than 14 days. And that is just horrible!

I totally agree with you Cubi.

I also work in IT but clearly they have released the spark way too early! I ack that not all bugs can be caught during testing. But this particular bus is not something that happens in very specific conditions so that it's hard to reproduce ... this simply happens all time you fly your Spark!

We have the issue on 1 side but on the other, and that's the most important thing actually, we have customer service. Their customer service does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to comfort affected customers. DJI Natalia appears every 3/4 days on the forum and sends a random "we are working on it" with little or no context whatsoever. This is simply not acceptable!
2017-7-26
Use props
gkelly
lvl.1
Canada

I saw that the firmware update was available today and decided to see if it would fix things for me.  I did one flight before doing the update, to see if I could reproduce the issue, and was able to get the RC to lose connection after a few minutes of flight.  I landed and did the RC and AC firmware update and then started flying again on the same battery.  I went through the rest of the first battery and a complete second battery without losing control.  I did see "signal lost" in DJI Go 4 several times, but I still had control via the RC.  At this point I'm cautiously optimistic that the update resolved the issue.  
2017-7-26
Use props
gkelly
lvl.1
Canada

RE: Spark Remote DIsconnecting Mid Flight

SladeHayes Posted at 2017-7-25 12:14

"Sorry, but that's not how hardware, software, or any form of engineering works."
Who's doing hardware, software, or any form of engineering here?  Just noting that it's unfortunate that the update didn't resolve their issue.

"You simply cannot diagnose one instance and call it a blanket statement for every user and hardware/software combination that exists in the wild."
I didn't.
2017-7-26
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

Great! Happy for you! But I can not hand over the deadline. I have a mavic, sparc burn
2017-7-26
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

2017-7-26
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

Update happened. The console hung 99% and squeaked for 10 minutes, now does not respond. When the reboot flashes twice red and the phone does not see it! end ! I think I'll burn it with the drone
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules