Power Bank to charge Phantom 3 batts
3035 9 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc8a292e0
lvl.1
Canada

Hi,

I'm just wondering if this will be enough to charge my Phantom 3 batteries?

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-RAVPower-27000mAh-Universal-Smartphone/dp/B01LCFS9S6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1498705196&sr=8-7&keywords=ac+power+bank

If not, got a similar product?

Thanks!

Jerome
2017-6-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, it does not have the capacity to charge a Phantom battery, it only has a 70 Watt AC output, you need better than 100 Watt. And even if the output was higher, it would run out of power before the battery is fully charged.

Of the solutions available to you, the best is to have more batteries, the next best is a car charger, and finally a gasoline powered generator.
2017-6-28
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

I also would just go for extra batteries.

Those power 'bricks' are very inefficient at energy transfer, especially as this is a DC to AC to DC conversions.  If you drive to any of the places you fly, it will also help getting a 12V car charger or a 12V DC to 110V AC converter.
2017-6-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I have four intelligent flight packs for my Phantom 3 Pro, and decided a second 100w DJI charger was the best option.
Actually that was my second best choice for keeping my flight packs and controller charged, at the ready.
There is a more expensive option available, but it isn't cheap.

https://www.smartpowercharge.com/proddetail.php?prod=SPCP3

RedHotPoker

2017-6-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Wow ! Are people willing to pay $169 for a piece of ***** !

For pocket money - a dedicated car charger is far better.

If anyone wants a good charger that works at home -- in car -- you can get a proper LiPo charger with LiHV capability, a DJI adaptor lead, all for less than $50 that just needs 12v input either from the car or a power brick at home.

The smartphone power blocks are only good to charge your phone / tablet or the controller. Useless for charging the flight battery.

Nigel
2017-6-28
Use props
DeeJayQc
lvl.1
Canada

Ok,thanks for your inputs. The problem is that I often go on an island with no electricity. Got propane and a deep cycle battery for the lights. We get there by boat, so no car to charge...

I guess youre right, Im' gonna get myself a new battery, I already got 2 but a third one and maybe 2 more will give me the flight time I need. They're currently cheap on Amazon.

Jerome
2017-6-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Does your boat have 12v charge capability ?

Two of my boats have full mobile phone charge and socket capability ....

Nigel
2017-6-29
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

With a deep cycle battery you can use a car charger - this is what I do at our cabin. Another option might be a small 2-cycle generator, you can pick them up for around $100 US.
2017-6-29
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

get the car adapter and a power bank with 12v a 15a may give 2 charges.. pros price other uses. ie jump ur car,  con size time to charge in field

extra phantom bat. pros once charged at home instant pwr up, smaller less weight. cons  price 100-150 each, one functio n... its all up to your need
2017-7-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-7-5 18:51
get the car adapter and a power bank with 12v a 15a may give 2 charges.. pros price other uses. ie jump ur car,  con size time to charge in field

extra phantom bat. pros once charged at home instant pwr up, smaller less weight. cons  price 100-150 each, one functio n... its all up to your need

Can we have that in English please ?

Nigel
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules