Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung S7/S8 users - Free OTG in box?
1755 5 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken-W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

For those of you who own an S7 / S7 Edge / S8 / S8+, there's an OTG dongle that comes in the Samsung box your phone came in. It's used to connect one phone to another for data migration. from what I understand, it is an OTG dongle. Have any of you managed to get it working with DJI Goggles?
2017-6-29
Use props
Feiyau.lim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 398274 ft
Japan

I have a S8+ and tried to use the OTG dongle (USB TYpe-C) (connected to phone) while the micro usb end connected to the controller. However the phone did not connect to the RC. It seems that the OTG has to be on the micro USB RC controller end. Can someone confirm ?
2017-6-30
Use props
fansea2846d9
Spain

I confirm it doesn't work with the one included, you need a microusb to OTG to make it work.
2017-6-30
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

fansea2846d9 Posted at 2017-6-30 02:26
I confirm it doesn't work with the one included, you need a microusb to OTG to make it work.

So, the dongle included in the Samsung S7 / S7 Edge box isn't an OTG dongle?
2017-7-1
Use props
Kryptinite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16394 ft
United States

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-1 05:53
So, the dongle included in the Samsung S7 / S7 Edge box isn't an OTG dongle?

I can confirm 100% that the Samsung S7 Edge box comes with a OTG dongle and works when connected to the RC. Currently I'm using the dongle with a lighting cable to my iPhone 7 Plus with no problem at all. Running the latest version of iOS in case that matters.

I went ahead and ordered a right angled lightning cable so there's no interfering with the way I hold the RC but again, the OTG dongle that comes with the S7 Edge does work for a wired connection. I made sure that the wifi on my phone was connected to my home network and everything worked perfectly.
2017-7-1
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Kryptinite Posted at 2017-7-1 06:49
I can confirm 100% that the Samsung S7 Edge box comes with a OTG dongle and works when connected to the RC. Currently I'm using the dongle with a lighting cable to my iPhone 7 Plus with no problem at all. Running the latest version of iOS in case that matters.

I went ahead and ordered a right angled lightning cable so there's no interfering with the way I hold the RC but again, the OTG dongle that comes with the S7 Edge does work for a wired connection. I made sure that the wifi on my phone was connected to my home network and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks!

On a sadly ironic note, I lost my S7 OTG dongle today while flying
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules