Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark RC Change SSID and Password
36054 34 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0ef707ed
New
Singapore

Hi,

I will like to check whether can I change the SSID and Password of the spark controller ?

Thanks.

2017-6-29
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.3
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Yep right in the DJIGO4 App
2017-6-29
Use props
fans0ef707ed
New
Singapore

I did went to the DJIGO4 app to change it but couldn't. Is it because I connected to the RC?
2017-6-29
Use props
Michael Miami S
Captain
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same question. When Im in the Wifi settings, I can't seem to change the SSID for the remote. The aircraft SSID was easy to change. But I need to change the Remote SSID name since thats the one I have to connect my phone to every time. help please. When I press the SSID name in the settings nothing happens.
2017-6-29
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.3
United States

I might be wrong it might be the sparks WIFI that you can change and not the Remote controller check out this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi5qILFtuPUAhXBKyYKHWkVB0AQtwIIJDAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPMm2UZd5W3U&usg=AFQjCNEZdHw2HCqS0gMSOfOVBkyJ1xGt_w
2017-6-29
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.3
United States

Jack_Sweeney Posted at 2017-6-29 07:58
I might be wrong it might be the sparks WIFI that you can change and not the Remote controller check out this Youtube DJI Tutorials Linking Spark

Wrong Link
2017-6-29
Use props
fans04932e4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149613 ft
  • >>>
Germany

From what i understand you are not able to change SSID or password from the RC. You can only change SSID and password from the direct connection to the drone.
2017-6-29
Use props
fans0ef707ed
New
Singapore

fans04932e4b Posted at 2017-6-29 12:29
From what i understand you are not able to change SSID or password from the RC. You can only change SSID and password from the direct connection to the drone.

You can change the RC SSID and password. Someone share the process by connecting spark, rc and android mobile. Not entering the camera view but at the main menu, click on the remote connect icon bottom left which you can change it there.

I changed mine already.

Happy flying !
2017-7-1
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.3
United States

fans0ef707ed Posted at 2017-7-1 19:19
You can change the RC SSID and password. Someone share the process by connecting spark, rc and android mobile. Not entering the camera view but at the main menu, click on the remote connect icon bottom left which you can change it there.

I changed mine already.

I've been told directly by customer support  that you can only change drone ssid and not rc. If you could show how you do please do so.
2017-7-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans0ef707ed Posted at 2017-7-1 19:19

I changed mine already.

How you did that?  I get to the same screen but it only show the aircraft wifi name and password that can be change.  Is it because I use iPhone not android?
2017-7-13
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Jack_Sweeney Posted at 2017-7-11 18:01
I've been told directly by customer support  that you can only change drone ssid and not rc. If you could show how you do please do so.

Thats what i was told too.  But the RC password is same for all, so would that be really dangerous if anyone try to hack it?
2017-7-13
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

I changed the RC password from day one I received the Combo, using the above steps
2017-7-13
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

I don't think you can change the RC SSID n pass... only for Spark
2017-7-14
Use props
spyark
New
Singapore

I just got my RC today, and FYI. You can change the default RC ssid and password.
1. Connect to the RC via default wifi
2. Launch the DJI GO APP
3. Click on the 'RC connected', just beside where we have the 'GO FLY' or 'Connect Device' button.
4. Make sure you are on the mobile device tab at the top, Click on reset aircraft wifi settings at the bottom.

Basically, the confusion here is because it still says 'reset aircraft wifi settings' instead of 'reset RC wifi settings'. So when connected to the RC, the RC is the 'aircraft'.

After that just restart the RC. Voila! New SSID and Password, not 12341234 ...
2017-7-18
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Hong Kong

eylneb Posted at 2017-7-14 00:24
I don't think you can change the RC SSID n pass... only for Spark

Yes you can, within this firmware and Go4 version 4.1.3. System: Only Android can change the RC password
2017-7-18
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Malaysia

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-7-18 05:30
Yes you can, within this firmware and Go4 version 4.1.3. System: Only Android can change the RC password

Thx for the info..
2017-7-18
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.3
United States

spyark Posted at 2017-7-18 04:54
I just got my RC today, and FYI. You can change the default RC ssid and password.
2. Launch the DJI GO APP

I can confirm this works but the it will only work when Spark is also connected to the controller
2017-7-18
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Malaysia

interesting..

just in case if your remote doesn't work

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=853829

2017-7-20
Use props
fans4793942d
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Confirmed, RC SSID and password can only change using Android device.
2017-7-27
Use props
Zviratko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1401 ft
Czechia

Thankfully, the information in this thread is _NOT_ correct and you _CAN_ change the RC SSID and Password (even on iOS)

What you need to do (or rather what I did) was to connect via Wifi to the RC controller without the Spark switched on. Then open DJI GO4 on iOS -> Enter Device -> Settings -> Wi-Fi Settings and you can click on and change both SSID and Password from here.

It didn't work for me before, probably because Spark was connected, but this worked flawlessly.
2017-8-14
Use props
premium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2300 ft
Indonesia

yes it is possible to change rc name and password
2017-8-18
Use props
elsonsiquara
New
Brazil

How to find out the password of the remote control once the device label has been erased?
2017-9-24
Use props
PangMang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40279 ft
United Kingdom

You can, just found it, connect Spark, controller and phone, go to wifi settings in the app and the controller settings are at the bottom of the list
2017-12-15
Use props
fans568f2523
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89203 ft
United Kingdom

+1
I can confirm connect via RC (with spark powered off) to change SSID info of the RC. Connect direct to Spark to change SSID info of the Spark.

As above enter the camera view without connection to aircraft, hit setting WIFI and amend to your hearts content.

If you are connecting direct to drone then clearly you will have aircraft connection but the procedure is the same from camera view.
2018-1-15
Use props
Bayguy69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-7-18 05:30

That's not correct. I have an IOS Device and I just change the RC ssid and password.
2018-1-15
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Hong Kong

Bayguy69 Posted at 2018-1-15 03:57
That's not correct. I have an IOS Device and I just change the RC ssid and password.

You see my post was posted on last year July... every informations will be outdated.
2018-1-15
Use props
Bayguy69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

rickysuperdog Posted at 2018-1-15 22:21
You see my post was posted on last year July... every informations will be outdated.

I realize that the second I place my comment. Sorry.
2018-1-16
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

like Pang Mang says, DIJGO app , camera view, then the dots top right, will not see the wireless connection unless you are connected to the spark and RC controller
2018-12-21
Use props
djiuser_NCXRokNslVsT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163619 ft
United States

I have changed my password for the RC. That is fine.
However, how do I change the WiFi password for the spark?
My concern is, can someone hijack the Spark, while it is onflight, by them getting the Factory WiFi password?
I would think I need to cahnge both passwords to be protected???
2018-12-25
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

Thank you for the helpful information.
2019-4-2
Use props
Sidesumi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61470 ft
United States

I have the inspire one and my controller is asking for a name and a code and I cannot find those does anybody have some advice on how to get the controller name and code so that I can connect my controller to the drone?   And thank you very much for your help guys
2019-7-5
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.1
United States

spyark Posted at 2017-7-18 04:54
2. Launch the DJI GO APP

Not sure what your working with, but on my iPhone Go 4 App there are no 'tabs' to choose from when you click the RC Connected........just takes you to a flight info screen.  I've tried to reset RC wifi password with the aircraft on and off, with Go To cable connected and disconnected and a/c on and off.........all I get is Change Password - Cancel or OK and when I choose OK nothing happens, just goes back to the menu screen............
2019-9-1
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.1
United States

Zviratko Posted at 2017-8-14 20:57
Thankfully, the information in this thread is _NOT_ correct and you _CAN_ change the RC SSID and Password (even on iOS)

What you need to do (or rather what I did) was to connect via Wifi to the RC controller without the Spark switched on. Then open DJI GO4 on iOS -> Enter Device -> Settings -> Wi-Fi Settings and you can click on and change both SSID and Password from here.

Uh, what version of this stuff are you using........the latest Go 4 app has no such option........when I Enter Device I get three choices:  Activate, Connect to Aircraft, or Enter Camera View.......there is no such option as Settings to choose!
2019-9-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

briarphotos Posted at 9-1 11:29
Uh, what version of this stuff are you using........the latest Go 4 app has no such option........when I Enter Device I get three choices:  Activate, Connect to Aircraft, or Enter Camera View.......there is no such option as Settings to choose!

Oh:
Connect to aircraft!
You need to change this in the settings connected to RC , RC connected to the Spark.
But still, I am on android. So ....!
2019-9-1
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.1

S-e-ven Posted at 9-1 23:05
Oh:
Connect to aircraft!
You need to change this in the settings connected to RC , RC connected to the Spark.

Ok, thanks............will give it a go for both the aircraft and the RC and keep fingers crossed.

Bill
2019-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules