1766 11 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys, we at Quadrocopter.com have begun receiving the first batch of M200's this week, and have been stocking up on a ton of requested media about the platform. I've already created a couple videos uploaded to youtube regarding the system. If there's anything specific you'd like pictures of, video of, or explained, let me know and I'll make it happen asap.

Fly Safe,
Chris

M200 Size Comparison, and what's in the box?

M200 Flight: From case to the air

2017-6-29
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for this ...informative and nice to see one in the wild. How is the positional hold ?
2017-7-7
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Kiffkool Posted at 2017-7-7 08:21
Thanks for this ...informative and nice to see one in the wild. How is the positional hold ?

To be honest, she flies every bit as good as any other newer DJI product. It was fairly windy that day, and the copter wavered in it's position maybe a few inches to a foot.  I'd compare it's agility to more a M600 than an Inspire 2. It's obvious once you're flying it that they smoothed out the inputs for obvious reasons. She'll definitely get up to speed if you pin the sticks, but it's not as fast as a Phantom or Inspire by any means, and really, it's not meant to.

The first thing that sticks out to me is the motor RPM. It's definitely a low RPM (swinging 17in props) and the difference in RPM from hover to full stick is negligible by ear. I'd say it sounds like a 500-1000 rpm difference, more/less.

I have another guy that would like the raw footage of it flying, and maybe I'll post it up on youtube, the wind noise however is pretty bad; part of the reason I put the video to music.
2017-7-7
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

Quadrocopter Posted at 2017-7-7 12:11
To be honest, she flies every bit as good as any other newer DJI product. It was fairly windy that day, and the copter wavered in it's position maybe a few inches to a foot.  I'd compare it's agility to more a M600 than an Inspire 2. It's obvious once you're flying it that they smoothed out the inputs for obvious reasons. She'll definitely get up to speed if you pin the sticks, but it's not as fast as a Phantom or Inspire by any means, and really, it's not meant to.

The first thing that sticks out to me is the motor RPM. It's definitely a low RPM (swinging 17in props) and the difference in RPM from hover to full stick is negligible by ear. I'd say it sounds like a 500-1000 rpm difference, more/less.

Thanks .....More vids about life with m200 would be awsome.
2017-7-8
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Kiffkool Posted at 2017-7-8 04:47
Thanks .....More vids about life with m200 would be awsome.

We're getting another batch in this week, I'll try to make more content on them.
2017-7-10
Use props
Cymon66
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quadrocopter Posted at 2017-7-10 09:01
We're getting another batch in this week, I'll try to make more content on them.

Interesting first appraisal ... I'm so hacked off with DJI screwing the firmware on the Inspire 2, that I'm seriously thinking of a 201.  The I-2 was bought for speed (primarily) but I think I'd prefer usability since they've taken the speed away from the I-2 and I can't use my Flir XT on my I-2 either
2017-8-16
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Cymon66 Posted at 2017-8-16 11:29
Interesting first appraisal ... I'm so hacked off with DJI screwing the firmware on the Inspire 2, that I'm seriously thinking of a 201.  The I-2 was bought for speed (primarily) but I think I'd prefer usability since they've taken the speed away from the I-2 and I can't use my Flir XT on my I-2 either

The M200's aren't fast either, but it sure is a shame having a XT and not being able to use it. I would imagine changing the gain settings in the app could yield some more speed out of them. No doubt they have been tuned down for slow accurate maneuvers.
2017-8-16
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

when recording on the M200's do you have an option of an SSD?
2017-8-18
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

joeyB106 Posted at 2017-8-18 08:04
when recording on the M200's do you have an option of an SSD?

Not that I'm aware of. There isn't a SSD port located on the craft for the M200 series.
2017-10-2
Use props
MojaveGeospatia
lvl.1
United States

I've been flying the M210 for the last couple of weeks and it's really stable. I think it flies like a Phantom but with considerably more power.
2017-11-1
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

i ordered mine i cant wait for it to come!! what are cameras are you flying with MojaveGeospatia
2017-11-2
Use props
jerry
lvl.1
United States

joeyB106 Posted at 2017-11-2 09:27
i ordered mine i cant wait for it to come!! what are cameras are you flying with MojaveGeospatia

I'm running the X4S, for running autonomous flight mission the X4 does really well.

I chose the M210 for the payload options but the, for the time being, I have to balance the cost of software licensing vs. an XT or Z30 camera payload.
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules