[SOLVED] DJI Spark app no live view picture
32037 20 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf3429e99
New
United States

Hello all. How do I enable live view with the app and controller. All i see is a black screen where video should be for live view during flight. Please help.

2017-6-29
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just to be clear...you're not seeing any image from the Spark on your phone/tablet?
2017-6-29
Use props
fansf3429e99
New
United States

correct no picture
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you connected your phone to the WiFi of the Spark? Please check the camera settings, make sure it is Auto, besides, you can try to reset the camera settings via the APP, see if it works. If it is the same, please tell me can you take photos or videos? If yes, please check if they are saved to SD card or not.
2017-6-30
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2 things: Is the Spark powered on? Is the phone/tablet linked to the Spark (or RC if you have one)?
2017-6-30
Use props
Mark Rowan
lvl.1
United States

I lost my video feed after the update. All I get is black where the live video should be. Tried deleting Go 4 app a couple times same issue . The Go 4 app shows RC connected and that the gimbal is disconnected.
2017-6-30
Use props
Mark Rowan
lvl.1
United States

Mark Rowan Posted at 2017-6-30 09:54
I lost my video feed after the update. All I get is black where the live video should be. Tried deleting Go 4 app a couple times same issue . The Go 4 app shows RC connected and that the gimbal is disconnected.

I found the FIX!
The video feed issue was because the RC wasn't linked to the aircraft.
I turned off controller, shut off Spark . Start Spark then press and hold Spark battery button only until 1- beep.
Turn non controller wait for red LED to stop flashing.
on the controller press and hold the =, Fn and rear customizable buttons until the alarm and green light start flashing. It should stop and have a steady /solid green LED. Now connect the device WiFi to the controller, open Go 4 app and you should now have live video feed.
2017-6-30
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Glad everything worked out okay for you.
2017-6-30
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

:-) I have had a similar problem shortly, but it turned into a user error.
I was away and wanted to do some videorecording, but the screen in the app just showed white. I was a little upset and rememered this thread. But at home i tried it again and there was a picture back on the screen. I forgot that the night before i played with the video settings to get a good shot on a thunderstorm coming and forgot to reset the parameters, so the picture was white because it was too high exposed :-( See some stupid user errors may occour
2017-7-31
Use props
fansd5c0e469
New
South Africa

I received my spark a day ago, so ima still a.nivice at this.. but having same issue

No live stream from camera
But telemetry is available on the HUD.

I CAN take pics and video and review. .. but all that is being done blind

Gimble position CAN be changed and adjusted .. it does move.. bur i have no idea what my camera is looking at

Im using a samsung note 2  only.. no controller yet

PLEaSE help
2017-12-1
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

fansd5c0e469 Posted at 2017-12-1 10:09
I received my spark a day ago, so ima still a.nivice at this.. but having same issue

No live stream from camera

Note 2 is not supported with the Dji go 4 , sorry i had the same thing, and have to get a new device, old Android version are not supported
2017-12-1
Use props
bradweier
New
United States

I am getting so done with DJI products. Not even kidding. They used to work fine. but lately the updates are creating more problems than it's worth. I have spent 6 hours trying to get my DJI spark to work properly after the last update. Right now I have a 700 dollar paperweight
2018-9-20
Use props
FrankieBman
lvl.1
Australia

Mark Rowan Posted at 2017-6-30 10:40
I found the FIX!
I turned off controller, shut off Spark . Start Spark then press and hold Spark battery button only until 1- beep.

I had the same issue but fixed with a reconnect to the drone via the remote.
1. Connect to remote via wifi
2. Long hold the drone battery until the single beep
3. Reconnect through the app via the combo option

Worked for me.
2018-12-13
Use props
David Morgan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9062 ft
United States

I also have no video picture I wish I had not spent my money I have had just to many issues
2019-1-5
Use props
djiuser_8oD2LtNhmsgt
New

United Kingdom

I have no video feed at all. Any help would be appriciated. Ill explain whats been done.

Connected phone to remote via cable and tried wifi. Connects fine. Then i fire up the spark also conne ts fine.

Gilmble adjusts through remote perfect. Also lets me record and takes pics. Saves fine on sd card

STILL HAVE NO LIVE VIEW JUST BLACK SCREEN.

also i can still fly the drone
2019-1-12
Use props
DRONGO OZ
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_8oD2LtNhmsgt Posted at 1-12 14:59
I have no video feed at all. Any help would be appriciated. Ill explain whats been done.

Connected phone to remote via cable and tried wifi. Connects fine. Then i fire up the spark also conne ts fine.

This is my very first reply on this site..............excuse if I have "stuffed up"

This applies to my DJI Spark-

S/Sung   Phone S5----OK
S/Sung  Phone A5----OK
S/Sung Tablet  SM-T337A   8"

S/Sung Tablet A  7"------HOPELESS - STRUGGLE TO INSTALL GO 4 app. but like others no live screen - all black screen. But it will take pics and videos, both of which can be plated-back!!! At 6he suggestion of someone? on the forum I installed DJI GO 4 ver4.1.15 - no change.

2019-1-12
Use props
guitarpicker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24262 ft
United States

Has anyone found a fix for this? I have performed every update, tried both with and without OTC cable and still no video feed from the drone to my tablet. It flies fine, and all the telemetry is there but no FPV. Kinda hard to fly and observe without that.
2019-4-1
Use props
djiuser_zOgAZ2VKR1Cc
New

Spain

djiuser_8oD2LtNhmsgt Posted at 1-12 14:59

Hi. I have the same problem with my new spark.
Did you solve it? Any advise please?
Thanks in advance
2019-4-15
Use props
fans01553c59
lvl.1
United States

Mark Rowan Posted at 2017-6-30 10:40
I found the FIX!
I turned off controller, shut off Spark . Start Spark then press and hold Spark battery button only until 1- beep.

I had the battery drop off my drone during flight.  Naturally it crashed.  The camera does have a scuff on the side of it.  Since the crash I don’t have camera feed.  I have a green light on the controller showing it’s connected but I only have a black screen on my iPhone.
2019-5-15
Use props
Joy Stix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8301 ft

United States

I'm a complete newby and want to expand photography for my motorcycle trips.

I'd like to offer up a couple of solutions that have appeared to work, for me, in relation to the above issues but would still appreciate advice/observations.

I bought a nearly new Spark with a flymore pack and downloaded the latest Go4 app. From day 1 struggled to get any video feed to my phone's screen.

My phone is a Samsung J3 2016 spec / Android 5.1.1.  (old I know)

Video Fix
I found a web site that has all DJI app updates and thought I'd roll back to 4.2.12 since I read somewhere it worked well. Fantastic ! The video came on.

The web site is https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/

I then realised my little mapbox did not show a map and I wanted to fly further away. I just couldn't get my phone to link in to the DJI Go4 home screen's (in the top right - three bars) and open 'offline maps' It just wouldn't open, regardless of the phone being linked to the RC / RC + Spark or even in the house on 5G or on mobile data.

Map Fix
Back to the above web site and I trawled through all the apps updates from 4.2.12 until I read the details for an update for maps and found 4.2.21. After installing this app both the video and maps worked instantly and I could confidently set a home point and see it. Plus the controller / phone spoke to me ''home point successfully stored''.

My next problem was the OTG cable, which had worked, (denoted by the 'disconnected' message when separated), then seemed to allow the RC to drain  the battery of my phone flat in 3 minutes.  This was fixed by realising the OTG cable is a one-way cable and I then connected it the other way and all worked perfectly

Sorry for the essay !..?......and apologies if my discoveries are just the result of bumbling luck whilst being a newbee but it works for me.

Cheers and thanks again !
2019-8-8
Use props
fans4f004b90
New
United States

I had a camera sensor error so I had to send the Spark in for repairs. They want $260 for repairs… not even sure it is worth that much so I told them to send it back without repairs. I am so done with DJI and need to find another make… rip off.
2022-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules