Tilted Camera
1020 8 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans536dd43d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248983 ft
Canada

Hi, I hope someone can help me as I cant seem to find a subject in the forums matching mine, although with so many I may have overlooked it. My problem is that the camera is pointing slightly right (looking back to front of the drone). I have had a couple of beginner crashes although relatively soft (never perform a RTH test under Oak trees!). I have calibrated the IMU, the compass, and the gimbal plus have performed the gimbal centering routine. It still points slightly right, although functions just fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
2017-6-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Check that the arm that the camera hangs on is correct. At the top is a grub screw that locks the arm .. a knock if that screw is not tight can cause the arm to move slightly so the gimbal thinks its straight but in fact arm is not.

Nigel
2017-6-30
Use props
Trunks97RS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1709327 ft
United States

have you tried the advance gimbal menu where you would manually adjust the gimbal roll if needed?
2017-6-30
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Trunks97RS Posted at 2017-6-30 11:45
have you tried the advance gimbal menu where you would manually adjust the gimbal roll if needed?

Just a comment ... that is a function that is used once all else is checked and sorted.

Second - his camera is not out of 'roll angle' its out of 'Yaw angle' ...

Nigel
2017-7-1
Use props
Trunks97RS
lvl.2
United States

was just a suggestion... was at work so wasn't able to actually see if there were any options in the menu that could help... appreciate your opinion and input though... have a great 4th!
2017-7-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Trunks97RS Posted at 2017-7-1 10:01
was just a suggestion... was at work so wasn't able to actually see if there were any options in the menu that could help... appreciate your opinion and input though... have a great 4th!

No problem ...

BY the way ... we don't celebrate 4th July over here ....

Nigel
2017-7-1
Use props
Trunks97RS
lvl.2
United States

My apologies.
2017-7-2
Use props
fans536dd43d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248983 ft
Canada

Thanks for all who have given advice but still no solution. It almost seems to be a software issue as after a gimbal recalibration it is focusing dead ahead and then something happens and it focuses slightly right at the last moment. I'm going to wait fore the next firmware update before I start looking for mechanical issues (have loosened and reset the small grub screw several times with no difference), although it did correct the chattering issue many have had. Thanks again, nice to have community support.
2017-7-5
Use props
flying banana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53136 ft
Canada

nice to know this
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules