More springs
1431 8 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

So im thinking about putting a second set of springs on my p4. Ive noticed that when I start the motors the props start to shutter really bad untill they acheive lift and raise up on the shafts. Lifting the spring tabs only lasts a flight or two. I imagine thats why the p4a/p have coil springs on the shaft to resolve that problem. I got a second set of springs with some replacement props I ordered so Im thinking im gonna just double up the springs and see if that fixes it. Ill post up my results perhaps with a video that shows the props shuttering on start up. It just makes me feel like a prop could come off upon braking. I crenge every time I hear them start up.

2017-6-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They should work fine just with the one set, your existing springs will have lost their tension a bit. I've been flying my P4 for just over a year now with same props, same springs and no problems. The sets that they sell for the 'P4 series' have a differently designed centre spring for tensioning props. A better idea perhaps , but they seem to have taken the opportunity to ramp up the prices:-

http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... ller-mounting-plate

Or the 'older style' P4 ones :-

http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... ng-plate-cw-and-ccw

Interesting, I believe either could be used on each unit (P4, P4A, P4P).

Both types are shown in this THREAD
2017-6-29
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-29 21:58
They should work fine just with the one set, your existing springs will have lost their tension a bit. I've been flying my P4 for just over a year now with same props, same springs and no problems. The sets that they sell for the 'P4 series' have a differently designed centre spring for tensioning props. A better idea perhaps , but they seem to have taken the opportunity to ramp up the prices:-

http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... ller-mounting-plate

Same here..   I've been flying for over a year and have almost 60 hours flight time.  No issues at all with the springs...

2017-6-30
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I think my problem is that I inadvertently bought after market props and the center part that the shaft rests in is just a tiny bit smaller than oem and the friction from the tight fit doesnt allow them to freely move up and down the shaft (my wife has a similar issue ;-D). Eventually the hole gets whallerd out (;-) and the fit gets a little better but still a tight fit. For the first ten flights or so there was a white plastic almost powder material on the prop shafts.  It will sit there and shutter until just before it lifts off and then they will raise up on the shafts and stop shuttering. I will make certain I get oem props in the future. Until then im stuck with these crap props.
2017-6-30
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

This is the shuttering...... It won't let me upload it

2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-30 21:42
I think my problem is that I inadvertently bought after market props and the center part that the shaft rests in is just a tiny bit smaller than oem and the friction from the tight fit doesnt allow them to freely move up and down the shaft (my wife has a similar issue ;-D). Eventually the hole gets whallerd out (;-) and the fit gets a little better but still a tight fit. For the first ten flights or so there was a white plastic almost powder material on the prop shafts.  It will sit there and shutter until just before it lifts off and then they will raise up on the shafts and stop shuttering. I will make certain I get oem props in the future. Until then im stuck with these crap props.

"I will make certain I get oem props in the future."

I wonder if it would be prudent to replace them sooner rather than later, if one flies off or fails then that's the whole quad goosed for the price of a set of propellers.
2017-7-1
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-1 06:12
"I will make certain I get oem props in the future."

I wonder if it would be prudent to replace them sooner rather than later, if one flies off or fails then that's the whole quad goosed for the price of a set of propellers.

Yeah I dont have a lot of faith in them and I will certainly be getting a set of oem props real soon.
2017-7-1
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I had to upload the video to youtube. Kinda strange that dji's forum wont allow you to upload videos from a dji devise with dji software. It said this forum doesnt support the video format. Good job DJI.

2017-7-1
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I uploaded a better video of what im talking about. You can certainly hear it in this video.

2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules