Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warranty claim issue/customer service issue
1019 8 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PappaG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 860449 ft
United States

I have been working with DJI on getting my 2m old P4a fixed and so far I am not impressed with the process. Sadly my P4 was flying and then the motors stopped. I emailed in to setup a repair and was advised on how to get the process started. When  I setup the repair I was very discritpive of what happened. I was advised to send it in for a repair. Well, it took about a week for me to find out from DJI what I figured they would say. That is their repair tech was saying it my fault (in around about way).

In short I’m not sure what happened that day it just crashed. I had it flying in a POI orbit of 125 feet and a speed of 2 Mph when my father told me he heard it and then he heard the props stop and it fell to the ground. Once I found it the drone did not appear to be badly damaged. I recalibrated every sensor and charged up the battery that was in it at the time of the issue. I then flew it again to see if I could replicate the issue. Well, this time when the motors stopped it was 300 feet in the air over a wheat field. Well, the out come was not so good.

So long story north I setup a repair and it took DJI a week to come back and say it was my fault it crashed even though in the video you can see and hear the drone say returning to home and that was it. When I setup the repair I asked several times what needed to be sent and was told to send the controller and the aircraft. When I got the repair quote it had a link to DJIs support page for warranty and service. Well, wouldn’t you know I needed to send the sd card that was in it at the time this happened.

Now what aggravates me the most is I work for apple so I understand tech support, repairs and so on. This experience with this repair has just been silly. When the repair was setup I had to give a number for contact reasons yet I never got a phone call from anyone. The only thing I got was a bill for the repairs and that was it. I just find it hard to believe that a drone that was bought in may and only has 14 hrs on it would just crash. So I reviewed the flight logs from that day and noted that the motors went from a 1 state (full on) to a 0 state (full off) I noted all this when I setup the repair and uploaded the video of the crash.

Moral of this story is why tell/ask us to upload something when it does not appear like it was even reviewed in my case, because if it was you can clearly see I was in the wide open with nothing around and the weather was decent that day and I was only about a 1,000 feet out when I hit RTH and the battery had over 50% on it when this happened. To me this just seems like a case of when the repair tech pulled the device out of the box and said well we have to fix all this stuff and here you go this is what’s it is going to cost you to get your 2m old drone repaired for something that was not my fault in anyway.

I make more than enough money to pay for the repairs in question however I fell like thenrepair center did not even try to troubleshoot it to try and determine if their was a failure that i did not cause vs trying to say it was my fault it crashed with no input from me to cause the crash. Nor did the drone hit anything to cause the crash. I work as a senior support advisor for Apple and I unsure that the customers I setup repairs for know exactly what to expect and I also ensure they know what to expect as well.

DJI if you are listing I would hope that you reach out to me so we can come up with some sort of resolution that works for me and DJI. I have never experienced such a disaster of a repair process in my life.
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for your unpleasant experience,  could you please provide us your case number so we can look into it?
2017-6-29
Use props
PappaG
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-29 23:16
Sorry for your unpleasant experience,  could you please provide us your case number so we can look into it?

DJI Service Quotation  CAS-729400-N3H4Z9 CRM:0540000001334
2017-6-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

PappaG Posted at 2017-6-30 04:30
DJI Service Quotation  CAS-729400-N3H4Z9 CRM:0540000001334

Just checked your case,  since the drone crashed, we'll submit a data analysis for it, I've informed our appropriate team to look into this case, hope we can get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-6-30
Use props
PappaG
lvl.1
United States

Thank you! I just hope this will not take long as I use this to do events on the side for people such as weddings and things of this nature. I have already had to decline 3 events for people as I have no idea when this issue will be resolved, no mater if I pay for the repair or not. That is the most frustrating thing is not knowing a time frame for this whole process so I can set expectations for my customers. That is one thing I think DJI could improve on is there turn around time for things like this and setting expectations for repair time frame(s) so we are not left in the dark or having to go and check on your website for a status.
2017-6-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

PappaG Posted at 2017-6-30 05:06
Thank you! I just hope this will not take long as I use this to do events on the side for people such as weddings and things of this nature. I have already had to decline 3 events for people as I have no idea when this issue will be resolved, no mater if I pay for the repair or not. That is the most frustrating thing is not knowing a time frame for this whole process so I can set expectations for my customers. That is one thing I think DJI could improve on is there turn around time for things like this and setting expectations for repair time frame(s) so we are not left in the dark or having to go and check on your website for a status.

We understand how you feel, so sorry for the trouble you have been caused, we've someone called you for the details, right? He is taking care of your case now, I just checked it again, the data analysis has been submitted already, we'll do our best to get it sorted out ASAP. Appreciate your patience.
2017-6-30
Use props
fans0b475f6e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2323 ft
India

Hi...  Can you Plz let me know if the phantom 4 landing gears compatible with phantom 4 advanced?
2017-7-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans0b475f6e Posted at 2017-7-11 19:00
Hi...  Can you Plz let me know if the phantom 4 landing gears compatible with phantom 4 advanced?

You are hijacking someone elses' thread, start your own thread if you want to ask a question.
2017-7-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Firstly, DJI is not Apple, and for that matter, light years away in terms of customer service. Their repair people are component jockeys, and use the quickest method to get the job done, and often that means just sending a returned 'refurbished' aircraft back to you.

If you want to get a good idea of what actually happened, post the flight log to Phantomhelp. Please go to:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ Follow the instructions there and come back with a link to the report it shows you.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules