2451 16 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

This is what i personal opinion for after update the latest Aircraft Firmware : V01.04.0602, Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.2.0.0 and DJI GO 4 App Android : V 4.1.0 that DJI released on 08-June-2017.

So far after tested this firmware for me i think is still not safe to flying cause still got a lot issues even the firmware and the Go apps too, as i did mentioned this is only my opinion so i am not sure how other pilot have same issues like what i highlighted or not.

So what i try to do is downgrade back to the previous version as what DJI Assistant 2 software mentioned that if you feel not happy with this latest firmware then you can load back the previous firmware version, But now seem the DJI has removed all the previous firmware on their server!

After i connect my aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 software and only showing  Latest Firmware V01.04.0602 and the rest previous version is now gone! So DJI Support, can you guys answer me this how to i downgrade my Phantom 4 Pro Plus back to previous firmware??

I hope DJI support can give me a proper answer for this as your did mentioned before we do this firmware update can roll back to the previous firmware.

2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could try this again without the gimbal guard fitted. These have been known in the past to produce some strange affects on altitude (ultrasonic sensors getting false readings).
2017-6-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-30 01:45
You could try this again without the gimbal guard fitted. These have been known in the past to produce some strange affects on altitude (ultrasonic sensors getting false readings).

The previous firmware am also wearing this gimbal protection and it work well, the gimbal protector does not blocked the sensor.
2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-30 04:13
The previous firmware am also wearing this gimbal protection and it work well, the gimbal protector does not blocked the sensor.

That may be the case here, but DJI have decided they won't cover any damage where they are fitted, have a look at a previous post I made Here
2017-6-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-30 06:46
That may be the case here, but DJI have decided they won't cover any damage where they are fitted, have a look at a previous pot I made Here

My concern now is why their mentioned if this latest firmware you not happy then can roll back the previous version!
But now you see the DJI Assistant 2 after i connected and what i get!
Now can DJI Support answer my question?
Where's the previous firmware version now?

DJI Assistant 2.jpg

2017-6-30
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the things I noticed in the video was when you calibrated the aircraft,  you calibrated during second stage with the camera facing to the left and not down at the ground.
This might cause an issue in the overall calibration.
2017-6-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Tmygun Posted at 2017-6-30 09:08
One of the things I noticed in the video was when you calibrated the aircraft,  you calibrated during second stage with the camera facing to the left and not down at the ground.

I am follow what the DJI Go 4 displayed the calibration, If i did wrong then is not my fault and it's dji fault.
2017-6-30
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-30 09:33
I am follow what the DJI Go 4 displayed the calibration, If i did wrong then is not my fault and it's dji fault.

No............DJI displays a 2nd rotation of the aircraft with the nose/camera DOWN  not pointed  to the LEFT.

Good Luck with your issue.
2017-6-30
Use props
Klaush
lvl.1
Flight distance : 449219 ft
Germany

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-30 07:00
My concern now is why their mentioned if this latest firmware you not happy then can roll back the previous version!

I have the same problem. Where is the firmware to roll back?
2017-6-30
Use props
fansc629d008
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Tmygun Posted at 2017-6-30 09:08

Please see the Go 4 app displayed us the compass calibration step photo here, if i doing wrong so is not my fault! this is what dji support what suppose they need to do!
compass 1.jpg

compass 2.jpg
2017-6-30
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-30 07:00

DJI took all the firmware offline or from the there servers except for the current ones. someone posted a video on YT showing how to Mod the DJI AC's so is going to be interested on the next firmware update. specially if you have any issues with the update cant rollback....
2017-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You might have a serious problem where you took off from if concrete is rebar, you calibrated compass with remote in one hand AC in the other.

This whole thing looks like your whole preparation is so wrong including gimbal guard location and compass calibration procedure.

If you handle AC like this in same location, then you need look no further than yourself first to try to sort your problems.
2017-7-1
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-30 17:02
Please see the Go 4 app displayed us the compass calibration step photo here, if i doing wrong so is not my fault! this is what dji support what suppose they need to do!
[view_image]

Yes, unfortunately, DJI has made a mistake in their drawing since the nose of the drones and the lens should point down to the ground, which is actually in clear writing twice. Remember to put the controller and phone / tablet down to the ground at least 3 meters from you while performing the DJI compass dance. Afterwards, the compass must not be calibrated without the vessel's opening side extensively asking for a compass dance.

Regards Leif.
2017-7-1
Use props
MAQJJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75 ft
Peru

If this update does not bring anything good, for the DJI out.
2017-7-1
Use props
MAQJJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75 ft
Peru

If this update does not bring anything good, for the DJI out.
2017-7-1
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.2
Australia

any idea how to downgrade if there is no other versions apart from V01.04.0602 on the dji assist software?
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules