Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 + Sony A7R Image Geotagging
2637 5 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SilkyMilky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7070 ft
United States

Hello,
We just purchased a Sony A7R with the intention of using it for mapping purposes.  We plan on using Ground Station Pro, but we want ensure that we are going to be able to get geotags of images taken during the mission.  I naievely figured that the geotagging would be done by the onboard GPS, but I think I may have been mistaken.  Components of our rig are being shipped currently, so I have no way to verify my mistake or not.  If anyone could help clarify or offer a solution, I would be greatly appreciative!  
2017-6-30
Use props
fansc9783840
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19049 ft
Mexico

Hello, Geotag is a multi-step process with lots of pieces but in the end not difficult.  Steps for geotag: 1.- Use a service like Airdata UAV to sync flight logs to be able to export CSV. 2.- Convert CVS to GPX file like in GPS Visualizer. 3.- Use a geotag program like GeoSetter to match GPX to pics.
2017-7-1
Use props
fansc9783840
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19049 ft
Mexico

With the latest firmware of Matrice 600, now it is record the GPS data in the flight log when a trigger event happen with a Third-party camera.
2017-7-1
Use props
YOO SANG OH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193294 ft
South Korea

fansc9783840 Posted at 2017-7-1 10:50
Hello, Geotag is a multi-step process with lots of pieces but in the end not difficult.  Steps for geotag: 1.- Use a service like Airdata UAV to sync flight logs to be able to export CSV. 2.- Convert CVS to GPX file like in GPS Visualizer. 3.- Use a geotag program like GeoSetter to match GPX to pics.

thanks you
your information is very helpful to me
2017-7-2
Use props
Aerial Robotix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144357 ft
Nigeria

We have an M600 Pro with the SonyA7r and Maps Made Easy set up.  We are able to trigger the camera manually through the Nija board.

However when I uploaded to Airdata there is no record of any photos being taken.

Any thoughts as to why not?
2017-12-22
Use props
dellemail.cz
lvl.2
Czechia

Sorry for renewing this thread, but do somebody have experience with direct EXIF geotagging?.
https://airpixel.cz/photogrammetry/
This device seems to be able to geotag images directly, without postprocess as @fansc9783840 described.
No need to download a LOG and pair images with GPS would be helpful

2021-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules