Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Resetting factory defaults CS 5.5
7977 25 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does anyone know how to factory reset the Crystalsky?
I was playing around and I don't get Android. I found erase and restart but it didn't ask me for the country settings and so on.

Also it doesn't seem to be picking up my wifi network like it did before I did the erase and restart.

Am I missing something? Is there a keypress to 'hard' reset the device to out of the box state?

2017-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Would you please help to test if the Crystalsky can connect to the hotspot of your mobile phone? You may try to turn on your personal hotspot in Settings of your phone. Appreciate your time and cooperation.
2017-7-3
Use props
fans7c68f924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58760 ft
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 18:58
Would you please help to test if the Crystalsky can connect to the hotspot of your mobile phone? You may try to turn on your personal hotspot in Settings of your phone. Appreciate your time and cooperation.

With the latest version: V02.02.06.05 does not work well with the DJI GO and OSMO + application. Frozen image with a lot of noise.
Neither connects WIFI at 5.2G / 5.8G
How can I recover the previous Firware?
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7c68f924 Posted at 2017-7-4 22:56
With the latest version: V02.02.06.05 does not work well with the DJI GO and OSMO + application. Frozen image with a lot of noise.
Neither connects WIFI at 5.2G / 5.8G
How can I recover the previous Firware?

Did you update the firmware of CrystalSky with the 2.4G wifi or 5.8G? Please help me to confirm.
For the frozen image with noise, could you happen to provide the screenshot here?
2017-7-5
Use props
fans7c68f924
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-5 01:58
Did you update the firmware of CrystalSky with the 2.4G wifi or 5.8G? Please help me to confirm.
For the frozen image with noise, could you happen to provide the screenshot here?

2.4G, I have never detected a 5.8G wifi. For example I can configure the Osmo + at 5.8G for the Iphone7 and no problem. The Osmo + with the Iphone 7 works well and with the Crystalsky 5.5 does not

Image failure2

Image failure2

Image failure

Image failure
2017-7-5
Use props
fans7c68f924
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-5 01:58

He logrado mejorar la respuesta del monitor con DJI GO y Osmo +. Desactivando el DJI GO4 y el DJI Pilot entre algunas aplicaciones. Sin mí conectar el DJI GO4 estaba funcionando en el fondo. 5.8G WIFI todavía no funciona
20170710_231405.jpg
20170710_231343.jpg
2017-7-10
Use props
Mad Monster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12648 ft
Netherlands

Same here. Crystalsky updated to V02.02.06.05. Video is jerky and lagging. It's fine when i test on iPhone. It's not capable of detecting a 5Ghz network. So i cannot test if that solves the problem.

Is there a way to go back to the previous firmware?
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, I have feedback your concern to our engineer, they are working on improving the image transmission quality when the Crystalsky works with Osmo series products. Sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused.
2017-7-12
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-12 04:33
Sorry for the unpleasant experience wit our product, I have feedback your concern to our engineer, they are working on improving the image transmission quality when the Crystalsky works with Osmo series products. Sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused.

I've got the same problem.  I got my CrystalSky today.  When I turned it on and hooked up my Wi-Fi, it said an update was available, so I updated to 02.02.06.05.  All is well.  I managed to successfully fly my Mavic with it.

However... it had no maps!   Rather, the map was a blank background, no streets.  There was a Chinese logo-- I think it was trying to use a Chinese map provider, so no streets where I live (USA).  I found https://forum.dji.com/thread-103456-1-1.html , which advised me to do a reset.  I did... except now I can't connect Wi-Fi.  Or rather, I *CAN* connect Wi-Fi (the settings screen says it's connected, I can open a web browser and go to a web page on it), except whenever I try to sign on with DJI GO 4, it keeps telling me no network is available.

The result is that my new 5.5" CrystalSky, which I received today, is now a useless brick, since it can't run DJI GO 4 and I don't know any way to recover to my previous state (which had no maps, but at least I could fly the drone).  Help urgently requested, thank you.

Is there any update?  I see that you posted your message 3 days ago, I can't use my CrystalSky until this is fixed.
2017-7-15
Use props
Andy Gibson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12114977 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Twirlip Posted at 2017-7-15 17:27
I've got the same problem.  I got my CrystalSky today.  When I turned it on and hooked up my Wi-Fi, it said an update was available, so I updated to 02.02.06.05.  All is well.  I managed to successfully fly my Mavic with it.

However... it had no maps!   Rather, the map was a blank background, no streets.  There was a Chinese logo-- I think it was trying to use a Chinese map provider, so no streets where I live (USA).  I found https://forum.dji.com/thread-103456-1-1.html , which advised me to do a reset.  I did... except now I can't connect Wi-Fi.  Or rather, I *CAN* connect Wi-Fi (the settings screen says it's connected, I can open a web browser and go to a web page on it), except whenever I try to sign on with DJI GO 4, it keeps telling me no network is available.

Im having the same problems, plus I'm unable to fly above or beyond 70ft [im not in beginner mode] when i plug my iPhone in everything works? Have been trouble shooting CS for over a week now and I'm over it, missed out on 2 jobs this weekend!
2017-7-16
Use props
Mad Monster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12648 ft
Netherlands

Still no updates from DJI, so indeed Crystalsky on latest firmware. In my case using Osmo+ is still a useless brick.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Twirlip Posted at 2017-7-15 17:27

May I know your location and your DJI Account? I will forward your concern to our engineer for analysis, thanks.
2017-7-17
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 04:09
May I know your location and your DJI Account? I will forward your concern to our engineer for analysis, thanks.

Replied via PM, thank you.  
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Twirlip Posted at 2017-7-17 05:26
Replied via PM, thank you.

I see, thank you.
2017-7-17
Use props
fans43a70a8f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54364 ft
Netherlands

Hi

Unfortunately i have the EXACT same issues.  So ;

- Video link (output) corrupted. Exact same as screenshot provided in this thread.
- Unable to find the wifi network. (only worked with WPS)
- Maps in the Go-App give chinese symbol, and offline downloads only have chinese geo locations to download (no longer europe as before)

All of the issues happened AFTER the crystalsky was upgraded to 02.02.06.05   Before the upgrade no issues at all.  Tried everything (reset, do settings again manual) but with no result.

DJI please provide procedure to downgrade to previous firmware release.

2017-7-20
Use props
jordier
lvl.4
Spain

fans43a70a8f Posted at 2017-7-20 07:56
Hi

Unfortunately i have the EXACT same issues.  So ;

disabled DJI GO4 and Pilot
2017-7-20
Use props
PvG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54364 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

Ok, so did some troubleshooting and was able to fix all of my issues reported earlier.

- Went to settings and killed ALL running apps.
- Killes ALL cached apps.

Rebooted.

- Once up, went to settings and could see wrong timezone (chinese), so altered to GMT +2
- Wifi now showed my router in the list of detected networks (not sure this was fixed as i previously already added through WPS)
- Go4 app now streamed fine (no more green screens and square outputs.

*) i think DJI needs to document better the firmware upgrade procedure and for sure fix the way they upgrade the device.    This should be straight forward and for sure no reason to go  through forums.
2017-7-20
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

I am repeating myself from another tread here, but what's the current firmware for the CS and the current version of the Go4 app.
On my CS 5.5 inch the firmware is: V02.02.06.05
The Go4 app is V4.1.0 (85-dpadcs)

I know from someone on facebook with the 7.85 inch version that the firmware there is: V02.02.06.07
Is the firmware different on the different models of CS?
2017-7-21
Use props
fuzzedman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189406 ft
Malaysia

On the video transmission - I force the channel to go on 10Mhz - the video transmission seems to be stable. I think the problem is with the app in which the auto switching is not working.

On the Chinese map - I found a workaround, change your timezone to your timezone, and then force factory reset, it should get back to normal. Thats what I did for mine.
2017-7-24
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

fuzzedman Posted at 2017-7-24 04:40
On the video transmission - I force the channel to go on 10Mhz - the video transmission seems to be stable. I think the problem is with the app in which the auto switching is not working.

On the Chinese map - I found a workaround, change your timezone to your timezone, and then force factory reset, it should get back to normal. Thats what I did for mine.

Tested the forced 10Mhz earlier today. Did not work for me. Had to force close the app and reopen for flawless performance.
2017-7-24
Use props
fuzzedman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189406 ft
Malaysia

StianGel Posted at 2017-7-24 17:48
Tested the forced 10Mhz earlier today. Did not work for me. Had to force close the app and reopen for flawless performance.

Dang. Guess gotta wait for firmware.
2017-7-27
Use props
Jense011
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24928 ft
United States

Dear DJI, dear Droni `s

I wait long time to receive the CS and now unfortunately must identify that i have also this problems.
It is not possible without much tricks to use the CS.

Please DJI work hard and Quick to solve the Problems that the users are happy again.

2017-7-27
Use props
kevd44
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

how do you do a manual reset on CS 5.5
2017-8-13
Use props
Jense011
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24928 ft
China

kevd44 Posted at 2017-8-13 07:58
how do you do a manual reset on CS 5.5

defaults in Settings---Backup&Reset
2017-8-13
Use props
Flyer001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710571 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same issue after a Erase All under Settings Backup&Reset.   I am now unable to see or connect to 5.8ghz networks (though 2.4ghz works ok.) .  I've tried Settings -- Backup&Reset and also reinstalling the firmware.   Neither seem the be the equivilent of factory reset because it doesn't run you through the 'select country, etc' flow that I got the first boot.

How do I do a true factory reset?
2018-12-6
Use props
Flyer001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710571 ft
  • >>>
United States

Possible Resolution for missing 5.8 Ghz wifi

Flyer001 Posted at 12-6 13:19
I'm having the same issue after a Erase All under Settings Backup&Reset.   I am now unable to see or connect to 5.8ghz networks (though 2.4ghz works ok.) .  I've tried Settings -- Backup&Reset and also reinstalling the firmware.   Neither seem the be the equivilent of factory reset because it doesn't run you through the 'select country, etc' flow that I got the first boot.

How do I do a true factory reset?

I managed to re-establish my connection to 5.8ghz. I suspect the issue has to do with the georestriction cache getting reset during erase all, and then not being set by the initial factory start up procedure as usual.  (Even a firmware update doesn't get you this).   Anyhow, I detail the steps I used to 'fix' the problem in this other thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-167254-1-1.html
On a side note, I'd really like to know how to do a true factory reset (not an Erase All or Firmware Upgrade)
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules