1000 metres distance
1290 14 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

probably been mentioned recently but since new update on drone and controller I can only get a maximum of 1000 mars away was not like that before update
2017-6-30
Use props
Klaush
lvl.1
Flight distance : 449219 ft
Germany

I think that DJi reduced secretly transmitter  power
2017-6-30
Use props
fansc629d008
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-30
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes I think your dead right, I tried the 5.8 and that lost signal at 500m bearing in mind I am in open fields and not a built up area
2017-6-30
Use props
fansc629d008
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansc629d008 Posted at 2017-6-30 13:49
Yep! It was a purposeful, intentional garbage move of DJI. It was a move directed by Brendan.schulman@dji.com.  He is also the one who wrote up the new terms of service to prevent them from having a class acton leveled against them.  Write him if you are upset.

I used to be able to have perfect feed in 5.8 and turn off the Smart RTH so I could fly waypoint missions. Now I have awful feed in the same areas and can't fly waypoints anymore because the smart RTH kicks in and ends the mission when there is plenty of battery life left.

It's always amazing that there are people that come up with such silly theories about DJI wanting to stop you having any fun with your Phantom and even more gullible people that believe such nonsense.
Don't you ever wonder why it's just a few people having these issues?
If DJI crippled your Phantom via an update, wouldn't that have the same effect on every user?
Think about that for a while.
2017-6-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-30 15:05
It's always amazing that there are people that come up with such silly theories about DJI wanting to stop you having any fun with your Phantom and even more gullible people that believe such nonsense.
Don't you ever wonder why it's just a few people having these issues?
If DJI crippled your Phantom via an update, wouldn't that have the same effect on every user?

He is American, conspiracy theories are built into their DNA.....
2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-30 15:22
He is American, conspiracy theories are built into their DNA.....

Fake news

I know one or two very nice, intelligent, articulate Americans, the current situation is a bit sad and projects them all in the same mould, which is far from accurate.
2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc629d008 Posted at 2017-6-30 13:49
Yep! It was a purposeful, intentional garbage move of DJI. It was a move directed by Brendan.schulman@dji.com.  He is also the one who wrote up the new terms of service to prevent them from having a class acton leveled against them.  Write him if you are upset.

I used to be able to have perfect feed in 5.8 and turn off the Smart RTH so I could fly waypoint missions. Now I have awful feed in the same areas and can't fly waypoints anymore because the smart RTH kicks in and ends the mission when there is plenty of battery life left.

Was it DJI or the FAA that decided that you should fly within sight so that  you could avoid collision with manned aircraft ?

2017-6-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-30 15:30
Fake news

I know one or two very nice, intelligent, articulate Americans, the current situation is a bit sad and projects them all in the same mould, which is far from accurate.

'I know one or two very nice, intelligent, articulate Americans,'

Yes, so do I, and a couple of them are even on this forum......
2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-30 15:40
'I know one or two very nice, intelligent, articulate Americans,'

Yes, so do I, and a couple of them are even on this forum......

2017-6-30
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

fansc629d008 Posted at 2017-6-30 13:36
It isn't very secret. Here's what happened: They sold a lot of drones that they advertised as having a great range. Then they openly got rid of the Smart RTH toggle and reduced transmitter power TREMENDOUSLY giving poor live feed, etc.  At the same time, they changed the terms of service to insulate them from a class action lawsuit, and now they are keeping their products crippled:

https://www.suasnews.com/2017/06 ... s-of-use-carefully/

I can only say that my P4P with the latest updates installed flies further away than ever before. Probably I have been a good boy and the bad DJI-conspirators have spared me...
2017-7-2
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mine was perfect before latest update, I could fly much further away without any problems, but 1000 mtrs is max on 2.8 if I use 5.4 I only get 500 mtrs max before the signal bars drop to nothing and dideo link intermittent, these are in very wide open areas with no houses
2017-7-2
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Malta

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-7-2 04:36
Mine was perfect before latest update, I could fly much further away without any problems, but 1000 mtrs is max on 2.8 if I use 5.4 I only get 500 mtrs max before the signal bars drop to nothing and dideo link intermittent, these are in very wide open areas with no houses

May be there is a problem with your P4P. I managed to fly at 2.4GHz a range of 8250m, with the latest firmware.
2017-7-2
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

yes all very odd, why should it have this problem after the update? was fine before so I doubt there is a problem with the drone
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules