Motor Overload Message
708 0 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c31bb13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33606 ft
United States

Hi all, I had an experience I hope I can get some help/clarity on.

Recently, I flew out against the wind with my P3 Advanced at ~11 MPH trying to get close to the Golden Gate Bridge and on the way back at 24 MPH.  I received the motor overloaded error message. At one point I think the P3 stopped and hovered (I had initiated return home) once I realized this I had to override the idle to get her back before running out of power.

As the P3 got closer I also received the over heating battery warning. At one point the P3 began emergency landing (was close to home but not quite). I was unable to cancel out of the forced landing and had to again override the landing to bring her down closer to home. I recall we used to be able to cancel out of emergency landing, in fact there's a red X that leads one to believe they can. In any case, none of the motors felt hot, yet the battery was hot to the touch.

Flew a test flight last night on the recharged battery that got overheated from my previous flight. No issues with flight. I did receive the motor overloaded warning several times. It actually came and went a few times, even started to come up then went away before it was completely legible.

I was pushing hard to see if it would come up. I didn't experience any flight issues and did not get the battery overheating message. Once I landed the battery was pretty warm. I did run the battery down to critically low, to see if I could override the forced landing. I was able to override the forced landing by maintaining throttle up.

I wish DJI would give us the ability to cancel out of the force landing like we once had. The red X comes up, yet it is not functional (see picture). I much rather crash land on land, than softly land on water.

At this point, I am feeling like the motor overloaded message is an unintended consequence of the latest firmware being too sensitive.

I'd love to hear others input...

Thanks so much!

Mark
2017-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules