So far - less than impressed and I'm not off the ground yet.
790 14 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhoppes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

I've gone through and updated the Phantom as well as the controller software.  Now things are all wonky.

I keep being asked to "Calibrate Remote Controller Compass", but when I do the dance it wants me to do with the controller the message never goes away.  Is there some indication the calibration has occurred properly?

After the update, now when I start the app I'm being forced to Link a "Mainland China Telephone Number" - I can't get past this.

Finally, trying to find the Phantom S/N to link to Refresh.  Only thing I'm finding is a flight controller S/N but it's saying that's not valid.  Where is the S/N I need?

2017-6-30
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Look at the label on the carton. You will find it there.
2017-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Beginners should just try to fly straight out of the box rather than confuse themselves with updating before getting familiar with the aircraft.
Your Phantom would have flown perfectly as updates only make minor tweaks - not major changes.

Are you using a P4 pro or P4 pro+  ?
2017-6-30
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Deleted - Duplicate message/reply.
2017-7-1
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Oh what a hot mess.   So the S/N is on the back of the box the Phantom shipped in.... great, but where is it on the phantom or in the software (for when the box someday gets lost or thrown out?)   Now I'm trying to submit for the DJI Care and when I try to log into my account it says "undefined - OK" in a popup box on my screen.
2017-7-1
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Oh good grief.. and now the website is rejecting my credit card (Visa) and doesn't take American Express....
2017-7-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mhoppes Posted at 2017-7-1 03:59
Oh what a hot mess.   So the S/N is on the back of the box the Phantom shipped in.... great, but where is it on the phantom or in the software (for when the box someday gets lost or thrown out?)   Now I'm trying to submit for the DJI Care and when I try to log into my account it says "undefined - OK" in a popup box on my screen.

I believe the serial number is also shown in the battery compartment. Remove battery and you should see it just on base beside SQR Code.
2017-7-1
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Used Paypal with the same card and it worked.... so now I just need to figure out how to get around the Mainland China number requirement in the App, and this request to calibrate the remote controller.
2017-7-1
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Booting the software up this morning I am no longer being prompted for a China phone number... however, when I try to download offline maps I am being told I can only download maps in China.  Additionally, the built in computer (P4P+) is telling me it is low on space and to make at least 250Meg available, even though there is over 5Gigabytes of space available.

WHAT IN THE....
2017-7-1
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-1 04:10
I believe the serial number is also shown in the battery compartment. Remove battery and you should see it just on base beside SQR Code.

@Aardvark - That's what I was told... but the only thing in the battery compartment is a QR code (which I didn't scan) and two lines of letters and numbers - which aren't the S/N.
2017-7-1
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

mhoppes Posted at 2017-7-1 07:18
Booting the software up this morning I am no longer being prompted for a China phone number... however, when I try to download offline maps I am being told I can only download maps in China.  Additionally, the built in computer (P4P+) is telling me it is low on space and to make at least 250Meg available, even though there is over 5Gigabytes of space available.

WHAT IN THE....

For all the complaining I just did in this thread (we were off to a pretty rocky start) I just got two flights in and I have to say... this thing is slicker than snot.  Blows any QX or Parrot Quad out of the water.   
2017-7-1
Use props
Joe Drone 17
lvl.1
United States

so the S/N given isn't working, that should do it
2017-7-1
Use props
Joe Drone 17
lvl.1
United States

mhoppes Posted at 2017-7-1 08:38
For all the complaining I just did in this thread (we were off to a pretty rocky start) I just got two flights in and I have to say... this thing is slicker than snot.  Blows any QX or Parrot Quad out of the water.

parrot drones are a mistake to humanity
2017-7-1
Use props
Joe Drone 17
lvl.1
United States

If you are able to just use DJI assistant 2 and set the firmware and settings for both the drone itself and the rc to factory settings and firmware and use it as is until a major update where this can then be figured out, I know your frustration I went through the same thing and dji told me to use the factory firmware until they have the proceed totally fixed
2017-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Joe Drone 17 Posted at 2017-7-1 09:03
If you are able to just use DJI assistant 2 and set the firmware and settings for both the drone itself and the rc to factory settings and firmware and use it as is until a major update where this can then be figured out, I know your frustration I went through the same thing and dji told me to use the factory firmware until they have the proceed totally fixed

You will find serial number in your app in ABOUT also RC S/N.
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules