Have I bricked my phantom 3 standard?
1488 7 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
weebed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105453 ft
United States

So I was out about to fly my Phantom and previously I saw that there was a download so I have downloaded but then got tired of it and closed the app. Later when I was about to fly, I started updating the firmware. Everything was fine except it got stuck on 40 percent. I waited for 20 minutes and decided to turn off my drone/controller and the go app.

When I turned the drone back on it made a very high pitched beeping noise. Like a distorted start up sound on repeat. When trying to connect to the go app I can go on the live camera view but it says aircraft disconnected.

Is there anything I can do? Should I send it to DJI support?
2017-6-30
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

You need to rebind the rc with the ac
2017-6-30
Use props
Knobbynomates
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

I had something similar with an earlier update. The loudest beep you’ve ever heard and twitching props? Just start the update again and wait .... mine took nearly half an hour that time (it normally takes about 5 minutes)
2017-6-30
Use props
weebed
lvl.1
United States

Knobbynomates Posted at 2017-6-30 20:59
I had something similar with an earlier update. The loudest beep you’ve ever heard and twitching props? Just start the update again and wait .... mine took nearly half an hour that time (it normally takes about 5 minutes)

I've tried this before. I wait for over an hour and then it says update failed.
2017-7-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

It takes repeated attempts .....

Check the SD card ... does it have FW 1 09 20 bin file on it ? If so then try this :

Take OUT the card.

Switch on Controller.

Switch on AC

AC will now do a dance and beep ... the LED on the gimbal block will be flashing red as it tries to find FW file but of course no card !

Now insert the SD card  .... YES while all switched on.

It should now start flashing the RED led on gimbal alternating green as it updates.

It will take maybe 20 mins or more ....

Just let it keep going ..... you do not need your tablet / phone at all .... in fact don't have it so you don't get fooled by warnings etc.

Once completed - it will still be beeping but a different sequence ... the importantg bit is the gimbal LED will be solid green.

Switch all off ....

Now restart Controller ... then AC ... then tablet / phone ...

If the AC is showing red LED on the side case ... then relink RC to AC ...

You may have to relink RC to tablet / phone but usually its ok.

If you have all sorted now - you will need to go into GO and reset YOUR setting as this new update and GO resets various to Factory default.

Good luck

Nigel
2017-7-1
Use props
weebed
lvl.1
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-1 08:20

Check the SD card ... does it have FW 1 09 20 bin file on it ? If so then try this :

Should I download the firmware and put it on the sd card before I put it in the aircraft? (Download it on the DJI website)
2017-7-1
Use props
weebed
lvl.1
United States

I've tried this multiple times but after 20 minutes the gimbal LED is just solid red. What should I do?
2017-7-1
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

solentlife wow GREAT work.... is this way to upload the firmware without Assistance2 ? if so i never knew that ...they say you learn something new everyday
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules