12Next >
21441 42 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Merlin 2512
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139406 ft
Australia

Anyone else having height and distance restrictions today. My mavic wont go higher than 30m and further than 45m. Latest firmware. Go4 app logged in on 4G. It was fine 2 fays ago. No changes
2017-6-30
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Have you switched to beginner mode by accident ?
2017-6-30
Use props
fansba09ccea
New
Israel

i have the same issue as you. if you fixed it- please let me know- thanks bro
2017-7-1
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansba09ccea Posted at 2017-7-1 00:40
i have the same issue as you. if you fixed it- please let me know- thanks bro

As previous comment, I think you'll both be reset into Beginner's Mode after the update.  That mode restricts you to 30m high and 45 m distance.   Go into settings and switch that setting off....  

Ian
2017-7-1
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

I noticed that after every update, my settings were reset to default. So after every update I have to enable/disable everything one by one again. Maybe that was the case for you too.
2017-7-1
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

i had this problem with my samsung galaxy s5 even turning beginer mode on and of didnt fix it , but my nvidia shield tablet was ok so what i did was to connect my tablet turn on beginer mode then of again reconnect to my phone and everything was ok again and i could fly without restrictions, very strange !!
2017-7-1
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

I have same problem today.  I am NOT in beginner mode.  I just updated the No Fly Zones - no difference.
2017-7-1
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Tex21 Posted at 2017-7-1 01:27
I have same problem today.  I am NOT in beginner mode.  I just updated the No Fly Zones - no difference.

If you aren't in beginner mode then the most likely explanation is that you're using a recent version of the Go app and need to log in using your DJI account information. This is a recent change / requirement introduced in the Go app that's intended to "ensure you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile". And until you do your aircraft's "flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high":

DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates
2017-7-1
Use props
Merlin 2512
lvl.2
Australia

Did all that. My Go4 app is slways logged in. Funny, I just received a new Go4 update??? "Bug fix" ???
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Merlin 2512 Posted at 2017-7-1 03:08
Did all that. My Go4 app is slways logged in. Funny, I just received a new Go4 update??? "Bug fix" ???

Yes, that came out on the 27th of June for IOS
2017-7-1
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

I'll try the latest update 4.1.13 but I bet it might fix this but crash again as soon as I hit RECORD.  F-ing POS software.  I just hope I can go over to Liitchi and my drone will go further than 50m away or 30m high.  It doesn't now when I use just the RC - no device or app running.
2017-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tex21 Posted at 2017-7-1 05:17
I'll try the latest update 4.1.13 but I bet it might fix this but crash again as soon as I hit RECORD.  F-ing POS software.  I just hope I can go over to Liitchi and my drone will go further than 50m away or 30m high.  It doesn't now when I use just the RC - no device or app running.

Make sure you reset all your settings in your app including camera settings if needed.
2017-7-1
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Australia

Just updated. Solved the distance and height problems but I am back to the app crashing when I record video.
2017-7-1
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Tex21 Posted at 2017-7-1 07:00
Just updated. Solved the distance and height problems but I am back to the app crashing when I record video.

Format/check your SD card by the sounds of that....What mobile/tablet are you using ? I think android has more issues, iOS doesn't have as many problems posted by the looks of it.
2017-7-1
Use props
fans775639a6
New
United Kingdom

Having the same problem, I always update to the latest firmware I am running 01.03.0900 on both bird and controller.  It has been working fine since I updated BUT today it will not let me fly over 30m high and 50m out, I get a warning that says I have reached my max hight or distance and this can be changed in my controller.  I am not in beginner mode and my controller hight is set to 120m and distance to 4000m.
2017-7-1
Use props
Choppercam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1839042 ft
United States

do we need cellular data in order to fly after DJI GO 4 upgrade ?
2017-7-1
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Choppercam Posted at 2017-7-1 10:42
do we need cellular data in order to fly after DJI GO 4 upgrade ?

It's not required for flight once you've successfully logged on through the app using your DJI account.
2017-7-1
Use props
fans4c11268b
New
Netherlands

Received my Goggles today and was hyped to try them out, but same problem here. Updated, reset all settings, no beginner mode, no flying beyond 45m away or 30 high. Deleted app and went home  to reinstall and try again tomorrow. Hope a solution will be available by then.
2017-7-1
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

I have the same issue when I am using Litchi. Then the flight is restricted to 30m height. I did not have the issue 7 days ago. The Mavic is on firmware 800.

When I quit Litchi, start DJI Go 4, I get promoted with a flight warning. I confirm the dialog and the limit is removed immediately. I can then switch to Litchi and fly without restrictions.
2017-7-1
Use props
Merlin 2512
lvl.2
Australia

Flight this morning all good :-) I don't know what the issue was?? Yesterday I was logged in, Not in beginner mode, In mobile reception. New version of Go4 (4.1.3) downloaded on Android late last night, I don't suppose that had anything to do with it. Any way, must have been a glitch somewhere, shame about yesterdays flight. Hope it doesn't happen again....
2017-7-1
Use props
Merlin 2512
lvl.2
Australia

Other thread with same problem. I wonder what the problem actually was??? Noting that these people were logged in and settings were normal.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-102726-1-1.html
2017-7-1
Use props
Microbie
New
Netherlands

fans4c11268b Posted at 2017-7-1 12:08
Received my Goggles today and was hyped to try them out, but same problem here. Updated, reset all settings, no beginner mode, no flying beyond 45m away or 30 high. Deleted app and went home  to reinstall and try again tomorrow. Hope a solution will be available by then.

Applied the trick to connect with other phone and reinstalled the app and next day (yesterday) it was working fine again. Unclear to me what the cause was and I just hope is won't come back.
2017-7-2
Use props
SDrockstar
New
Flight distance : 40049 ft
United States

P4 user here and having the same hight/distance limit issues and cost me an event filming contract. This also means that the one time event can't be rescheduled and no, it's not due to beginner mode. DJI needs to add an unregulated flight option where the pilot assumes all liability and eliminates ALL restrictions so I don't have to waste my time suing them for loss of income.
2017-8-28
Use props
fans3ad54d49
New
Flight distance : 157208 ft
United States

I had the same issues, just starting in the last week. Height and distance restricted. Beginner mode off. I read through this thread, then updated the DJI Go app (wish Apple would do this automatically). Took it out for a test... same restrictions were in place. Decided to exit out of the GO app and restarted it. Put it up in the air and everything was back to normal - no restrictions!

So... 1) update the app and 2) restart it.
2017-9-7
Use props
djiuser_glu3Hjy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103215 ft
United States

Still unclear about 'logging in'   What if you are out in BFE and there is not an internet connection for hundreds of miles and I want to fly my phantom.  What happens?
2017-9-8
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

You can't. DJI have your money and they also control your use of the product 100%. They are the law.
2017-9-8
Use props
TheKernel
New
United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-9-8 23:22
You can't. DJI have your money and they also control your use of the product 100%. They are the law.

you can't what? Which topic post were you responding to?  
I'm really interested in djiuser_glugHjy's comment.  I go out in the boonies and want to fly.   If I can't "login" does that mean I can only go the 30/50? Or does it mean you have to login within some amount of time and have loaded flight rules within a certain amount of time? None of this is clear and is really annoying.  
2017-9-23
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175600 ft
Switzerland

So why isn't someone from DJI shedding any light on this?
2017-9-25
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

This message is purely as you have the Mavic on one firmware... and the Go4 app on an other (mis-matched, this flight restriction is built into one of them). I downgraded from 1000 to .700 on RC and Mavic and app on .8 and gone for ever!
2017-9-25
Use props
MikeyP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29288 ft
United States

I get the notification whenever I pull my sticks in and down and the props start up.  The voice even reads the warning.  But when I fly, it isn't really limited to those distances.  It goes as far and high as I want, but now my video transmission is lost way too soon, and a box opens to have it return to home, or not.  When this happens, my screen telemetry doesn't work so I don't know what the aircraft is doing.
2017-9-29
Use props
Marlyn
lvl.1
United States

I just returned my PS3 Standard as it would limit height and distance randomly. I was nit in beginner mode. Very frustrating. If I deleted App and reinstalled it wouldn’t limit me. But that’s BS. DJI needs to address this.
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like auto switch to beginner mode following FW update - check all of your app settings and also ensure that the NFZ database is up to date too and that you are not in a newly refreshed NFZ.
2017-10-14
Use props
fanscd6a8390
lvl.1

United States

This new DJI app restricting drone flight is not a good thing for DJI customers. I’ve registered with the FAA and still having problems with restrictions. It’s a lot of money to waste, Uncle Sam interferring again
2018-4-18
Use props
SayyedSalman0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98 ft

United States

Tex21 Posted at 2017-7-1 07:00

how did you solve it ?
2020-6-27
Use props
dave3230
lvl.1

United States

Yes, what is going on. It was very embarrassing after bragging about the distance of my Mavic air 2 and then it won't even leave my side basiclly.
2023-6-19
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

This may take some time as the thread is over 6 years old and Tex21 hasn't posted since 2019...

Good luck...
2023-6-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dave3230 Posted at 6-19 17:32
Yes, what is going on. It was very embarrassing after bragging about the distance of my Mavic air 2 and then it won't even leave my side basiclly.

If you aren't in Beginner Mode, you need to sign out of your DJI account in the app, and logi again.
2023-6-19
Use props
djiuser_eknH8foaiJTf
New
Flight distance : 1105735 ft
Australia

I think this happened to me once, but that was because i wasn't logged in to my dji account (dji made me log in, or else my flight altitude limit was set to 30m.) Since you are writing from dji forum in your account, i dont think this is the issue. I think it could either be local flight limitations or bad gps connectivity.
2023-7-2
Use props
dave3230
lvl.1

United States

I am also having this issue, mine is because I fly where there is no cell coverage and no wifi, so of course I can't "log in to account". That means this drone is worthless to me because that's where I mostly need a drone for filming wide open shots of landscape without power lines or other man made clutter.
2023-10-17
Use props
dave3230
lvl.1

United States

So if anyone has a fix for this could you please email me a solution before I sell this Mavic air 2 and go back to the Fimi X8 pro. I never had these kinds of issues with the X8. david_manning32@yahoo.com
2023-10-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules