Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Home Point not updating??
2485 7 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RhodyPhantom
lvl.1
United States

It has been such a subconsious function of starting up my Go app pre-flight that I didn't even realize til a flight last week that my home point wasn't updating automatically. I can't set it manually either... in fact, the option for setting the home point is 'grayed out' on my screen entirely. Thinking it may be a firmware or app version issue (I'm a fan of not changing things when everything is working fine), I decided to update the app which was at v1.5... Still didn't help. Anyone else have this problem before? Someone help please!
2017-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What makes you think the home point isn't updating?
2017-7-1
Use props
RhodyPhantom
lvl.1
United States

The RTH button is completely disabled on the Go app, I get no audio or visual confirmation that the home point has been updated anymore... but probably the scariest, when I try to update it from the settings menu, it simply returns a warning message that the home point wasn't updated, which I'm not gonna lie, doesn't make me feel too good.
2017-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RhodyPhantom Posted at 2017-7-1 09:24
The RTH button is completely disabled on the Go app, I get no audio or visual confirmation that the home point has been updated anymore... but probably the scariest, when I try to update it from the settings menu, it simply returns a warning message that the home point wasn't updated, which I'm not gonna lie, doesn't make me feel too good.

It would be extremely unusual if the Phantom is not recording the home point properly.
The other symptoms you describe would be something in the app rather than in the Phantom.
You could take it somewhere a mile away from where you have been flying and visually see on the map where it thinks it is.
You could also confirm that it's getting the location right by going to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

If there's something wrong with the app, deleting and reloading might be worth trying.
2017-7-1
Use props
RhodyPhantom
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-1 15:20
It would be extremely unusual if the Phantom is not recording the home point properly.
The other symptoms you describe would be something in the app rather than in the Phantom.
You could take it somewhere a mile away from where you have been flying and visually see on the map where it thinks it is.

Thanks for the advice. I've decided to go the route of re-installing the app because today, along with my previous problem, the maps stopped working. I have the option "cache maps in background" selected with a wifi connection. I've been flying almost 2 years without any problems like this so I don't know what that's about

Hopefully the re-install works, otherwise I may be trying the Litchi route...
2017-7-1
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

You should be able to manually set a home point, either to the aircraft or the controller's position.  Are you sure you aren't trying to do the latter?  This would rely on the GPS in the device you are using, not the aircraft's.  If your device has a poor GPS system, it might not work.  Have you changed phone/tablet since it was last working?

If you upload a flight log from one of your recent flights, we can confirm if the GPS coordinates are being set by the aircraft correctly.
2017-7-1
Use props
fansd931f405
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8468 ft
United Kingdom

Any advice on phantom 4 advance+ not updateing home point. Also no map on the screen.Any advice.
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansd931f405 Posted at 2018-10-18 11:18
Any advice on phantom 4 advance+ not updateing home point. Also no map on the screen.Any advice.

Hi there, please make sure the map has been cached when the internet is available, the home point has been recorded properly, then check whether the home point can be updated successfully when there are strong GPS signal, thanks!
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules