Mavic won't go higher or further than 100 ft
12Next >
48792 44 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snap_Shot
lvl.2
United States

Hello all. My mavic today wouldn't go higher ot father than 100 ft. I tried the new firmware update. Made sure it wasn't on beginner mode and set the height and distance to 300. It still would get to 100 feet and the warning would pop up on the screen and it would go any more. Any ideas?
2017-7-1
Use props
browndroneboy
lvl.3
Canada

I’m having the same issues I can go further than max 30m high and 70m away
2017-7-1
Use props
Advisercy
New
Flight distance : 42825 ft
United States

Im also have this same issue.  Cant go higher than 100ft in the air and not very far away from the controller.  It says beginner mode isnt enabled but it sure feels like it.  This is just in normal places that I always fly also, so its not a new area.
2017-7-1
Use props
Drone Odyssey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

Hi....I had the same problem today after updating  the firmware......Was your distance OK?.....my Mavic couldn't go further than 276 feet....and 98 feet altitude. I hope someone in this forum can help.
2017-7-1
Use props
Drone Odyssey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

browndroneboy Posted at 2017-7-1 19:32

It looks like a few people have the same issue..... It might be the recent firmware that is the culprit.   Hope DJI or someone here can help....
When I first experienced the issue I decided to fly my Phantom 4....No problems....flies high and far..
2017-7-1
Use props
Advisercy
New
United States

Drone Odyssey Posted at 2017-7-1 20:01
Hi....I had the same problem today after updating  the firmware......Was your distance OK?.....my Mavic couldn't go further than 276 feet....and 98 feet altitude. I hope someone in this forum can help.

Yeah it was about the same for me, I didnt see how far it let me go out but it wasnt very far.
2017-7-1
Use props
Advisercy
New
United States

So I thought I would let everyone in here know I fixed my issue after talking to a friend.  I guess I needed to update the actual app on my phone, not just the firmware inside the app.  After I updated the app on my phone it flies as normal.
2017-7-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone Odyssey Posted at 2017-7-1 20:01

Sign out of the DJI Go 4 App and then log into your DJI account in the App while connected to the internet. Check all your settings because some of them will return to default values, you will adjust them after the update to suit your preference.  See information below:
You only need to do this once after the updates and you do not need to be connected to the internet afterwards.  
Rich

DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates
New Procedure Requires Login After Update; Password Reset Available

This new step, to take effect at the end of next week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile. All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

You will be good to go after that

Rich
2017-7-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

See post #8
2017-7-1
Use props
Merlin 2512
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139406 ft
Australia

Same here...   very strange! All good today :-)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=102601
2017-7-1
Use props
Drone.Nomad
New
United Kingdom

Merlin 2512 Posted at 2017-7-1 23:44
Same here...   very strange! All good today :-)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=102601

Lucky you mine is still restricted
2017-7-2
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Drone.Nomad Posted at 2017-7-2 02:47
Lucky you mine is still restricted

See post number 8 in this thread ;-)
2017-7-2
Use props
BrentNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

What if you have followed these instructions and it still wont fly higher than 30 metres?
2017-7-10
Use props
Coopee
New
United States

Hello All, I had the exact same issues, would not go higher than 100 ft up and 100 ft away after update.  After playing around with everything, I ended up uninstalling the app on my phone and reinstalling it.  I also made sure my flight data was synced. Works great again.

This worked for Android, can't speak for Apple.  Best of luck guys!
2017-7-10
Use props
fans6431a135
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148917 ft
United States

Updating the App on my tablet did the trick.
2017-7-15
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Do you use the GPS mode? What is being warned of? IOS or Android? More input please.
2017-7-15
Use props
djiuser_cnz2Lzx
New

Iran

hello everyone
about the issue of mavic not going higher than 30m I have to say don`t worry there`s nothing wrong with your device and it is just happens as a result of upgrading your drone and not the app on your phone.
I had the same problem when I was using my android phone but with the iphone I had no problem so I figured it must be something about the app version on my android. simply update the app on your iphone to v4.1.5 and on your android to v4.1.4 and it will work just fine again.
2017-7-29
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

djiuser_cnz2Lzx Posted at 2017-7-29 07:34
hello everyone
about the issue of mavic not going higher than 30m I have to say don`t worry there`s nothing wrong with your device and it is just happens as a result of upgrading your drone and not the app on your phone.
I had the same problem when I was using my android phone but with the iphone I had no problem so I figured it must be something about the app version on my android. simply update the app on your iphone to v4.1.5 and on your android to v4.1.4 and it will work just fine again.

What I've experienced it was in beginner mode or NFZ.
2017-7-29
Use props
fansda30f747
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26709 ft
United States

Uncheck the "enable maximum flight distance" within the general settings of the DJI GO4 app. Also make sure you are not in beginner mode.
2017-7-29
Use props
grozmo
lvl.2
Australia

Ok.. I have logged into my account - yet I am still limited in distance and height. Any thoughts how to fix this?

Also every single time I open the app it asks to update the no-fly zone database. Everything is updated (drone, remote, app) and I've logged out and back in again etc.. It is definitely not the settings either.
Getting frustrated because I'm going overseas in one week and definitely do not want a useless Mavic
2017-7-29
Use props
grozmo
lvl.2
Australia

In the end I needed to Uninstall the app and then Reinstall. This was a really frustrating process, I wasted hours trying to get this to work (update / login / update again etc..) with no indication whatsoever of anything being "wrong" except when actually up and flying and attempting to go beyond 30 meters. Thats my rant.
2017-7-29
Use props
Whirlygig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98927 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like Beginner Mode...
2017-7-30
Use props
CoastalBird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 692041 ft
United States

Yes, behaves just like beginner mode.  If this happens to you, the fix is to uninstall and re-install the app.
2017-8-3
Use props
fanse03364f2
New

United States

I did the log out and in on my iPhone and that worked fine
My iPad mini would not work so I deleted the app and reinstalled it everything works fine now try that
2017-8-6
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

turn off beginner modre
2017-8-6
Use props
Chuck Gee
New
Flight distance : 98865 ft
United States

Same thing here. Followed all instructions. After following all instructions it still was limited to 30 meters. I deleted and reinstalled the dji go 4 app, then it worked. You need to "accept" the new terms which only appear after you re-establish you login and agreement. The only way it came up was after I deleted and re-installed the app.
2017-8-6
Use props
sky53
New

Philippines

range issue: uninstall then reinstall the app.. and fly the drone..
2017-8-6
Use props
fansfa786add
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9180 ft
Germany

Just updated to new Firmware, no beginner mode, I was locked in, I locked in and out nothing worked. Deleting and reinstalling did the job! Althoug it said there were no newer Versions available it was not the lates app, it was updated last on August 7th but still the download from PlayStore was a different Version. So maybe this helps some others too, really annoying that there is no info why you are restricted, it only sais go to MC-Setup which was actually fine...
2017-8-15
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Netherlands

Did everything, uninstalled, re-installed, NO beginners mode.
Every time I place a fresh battery, I have to reset the flight distance in the DJI Go4 app to my desired distance (1000 meters)
Very anoying......
2017-8-16
Use props
Cassese16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72 ft
United States

I think its BS that they redone the app to max out the height to 500m. When i first bought it, it had 5000m max.
2017-9-8
Use props
Christ Daniel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 883606 ft
Indonesia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-1 20:48
Sign out of the DJI Go 4 App and then log into your DJI account in the App while connected to the internet. Check all your settings because some of them will return to default values, you will adjust them after the update to suit your preference.  See information below:
You only need to do this once after the updates and you do not need to be connected to the internet afterwards.  
Rich

well, this solved my prob, thanks captain @RichJ53
2017-9-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cassese16 Posted at 2017-9-8 07:58
I think its BS that they redone the app to max out the height to 500m. When i first bought it, it had 5000m max.

500 meters has always been the maximum height with any of DJI's newer quads..
2017-9-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Christ Daniel Posted at 2017-9-8 11:14
well, this solved my prob, thanks captain @RichJ53

CD
Great news and good job..  Happy flying!!

Rich
2017-9-8
Use props
Marlyn
lvl.1
United States

I was limited several times. I wasn’t in beginner mode. I had to uninstall and reinstall app on iPhone 10 times.  I was flying ps3 standard. I returned for full refund, the store didn’t want to do it, but they did. If they hadn’t I was going to have Master Card go after them. Imagine buying a car that out of the blue only went 3 miles. I’m surprised so many of you are putting up with this limitation.
2017-10-25
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is why I didn't update my FW and will never update it...
2017-10-25
Use props
DAVETECH
lvl.1
United States

Interesting. After newest update to my inspire 1 my camera wont level when in air. Stays tilted in roll 5 degrees. Does the same 100 issue everyone mentions etc. I redid the app yesterday and it worked on obe battery while still having camera tilt problem. Plugged in additional batteries under same app and then no fly over 100 again. No ability to ajust anything, compass calibrations etc. Looks lije my batts didnt take the update despite having done update, reboot , powerdown, new batt repeat...bloody hell. Lost a client job today. Thanks dji...
2018-2-2
Use props
King Koconino
lvl.1
United States

Make sure you are not in payload miss and on the top of your screen there should be some text make tap on that an make sure your range and height limits are set correctly
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_IJdVfJbMOAFz
New

United States

i was having same issue  i had the blade guards on. that also limits height and distance
2020-2-7
Use props
djiuser_cI8L2ghY0GlH
New
United States

My Mavic Mini did the same thing, until I turned OFF the "PAYLOAD" option and removed my prop gaurds. You'll find it in the Fly app under Advanced Safety Settings at the bottom. Flies great now!
Hope this helps some of you!
2020-4-15
Use props
djiuser_X5XiDYOeDTff
New
Canada

browndroneboy Posted at 2017-7-1 19:32

I seen someone suggested to put your phone in airplane mode. That worked for me. Thank you whoever that was
2021-1-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules