The fly more combo bag, once and for all…
1980 16 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

So many videos online complaining about the bag that comes with the fly more combo, it's actually mind boggling.
Look guys, for those that think that this bag is supposed to fit all the gear that comes with the fly more combo, and spend hours on end trying to comfortably make it all fit, finding you can't and then filling up YouTube with videos complaining that it can't, hear this.

This bag is a nice added extra that comes with the combo, a bag that's as small as it can possibly be, a bag that specifically designed so you can add into it, all that you need for a days flying. You can fit the drone, controller and three batteries comfortably, and some spare props to boot. It's a bag you take on a hike, a place where you do not need a charger, that's right, this bag has not got a specific place to add the charger, sure you can fit it if you try, but it's not a bag designed for this purpose.

The bag, for what it is designed to do, is indeed fit for purpose, and imo, it's does it's specific job better than most.

It just simply amazes me how people's minds think, "but it's the fly more combo bag, it has to fit in everything"
No it's a bag that comes "with" the flymore combo, that's it. A handy travel bag.  And it does it's job perfectly.

This is what happens you you try to fit and ideology into and framework that's not suited, instead look at the framework for what it actually is.
2017-7-1
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Well, I used it as my go bag w/ just the MP/RC,Tablet/phone.
For the whole rig I got a GPC HSC.
2017-7-1
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

The bag is nicely designed, seems like nice materials, looks good, has pockets in all the right places.  My main gripe with it is that it's too snug, even just for the Mavic + controller.

It's really hard to get the Mavic in and out of it (the propeller stubs and the front "legs" keep catching on the lining of the bag).  And once the Mavic's in place, it's hard to wedge the controller down in there-- yes, it fits, barely, but it's seriously wedged, to the point that I'm worried that I may be damaging the control sticks (they're jammed over to one side).

Every time I want to get the Mavic + controller in or out of the bag, it takes about a minute of fussing and fidgeting and pulling and pushing and tweaking and worrying that I'm going to damage something.

If they could have just made the bag about 10% larger, it would have been so much easier.

Just sayin'.
2017-7-17
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

As advertised:

You can carry the Mavic and its accessories by using this Bag.
Holds: 1 aircraft, 1 controller, 4 batteries, 1 smartphone, and smaller accessories such as cables.
2017-7-17
Use props
Midwest_Blue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202247 ft
United States

Twirlip Posted at 2017-7-17 16:06
The bag is nicely designed, seems like nice materials, looks good, has pockets in all the right places.  My main gripe with it is that it's too snug, even just for the Mavic + controller.

It's really hard to get the Mavic in and out of it (the propeller stubs and the front "legs" keep catching on the lining of the bag).  And once the Mavic's in place, it's hard to wedge the controller down in there-- yes, it fits, barely, but it's seriously wedged, to the point that I'm worried that I may be damaging the control sticks (they're jammed over to one side).

5 months with this bag. I use it all the time. After a youtube video, on how to pack it. It's almost perfect. Yah, maybe 5% bigger. but it did stretch,  out some. Just wish it had a extra storage in the back side, for extra cables. Also, it should have come with the joystick stable thing, instead of buying it separate. It is a must have for the controller!
2017-7-17
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

Bag works for me.  I can find the mavic, controller, 3 USB cables, spare SD cards, filters, spare props and 2 spare batteries in it.  In other words, everything i need to operate in a small package.
The only thing ive done lately is cut out the divider in the middle of the compartment as i found it held the remote joysticks off centre as it was a tight fit.

The whole thing is small enough to fit inside my normal daybag to carry round without needing to be separate.

2017-7-17
Use props
Peterc90
lvl.1
Australia

Midwest_Blue Posted at 2017-7-17 16:31
5 months with this bag. I use it all the time. After a youtube video, on how to pack it. It's almost perfect. Yah, maybe 5% bigger. but it did stretch,  out some. Just wish it had a extra storage in the back side, for extra cables. Also, it should have come with the joystick stable thing, instead of buying it separate. It is a must have for the controller!

When you say, Joystick Stable thing..
do you mean the 3d printed object that covers the joysticks and keeps them from getting damaged?
2017-7-17
Use props
Zala
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2591499 ft
Malaysia

Peterc90 Posted at 2017-7-17 17:00
When you say, Joystick Stable thing..
do you mean the 3d printed object that covers the joysticks and keeps them from getting damaged?

I believe so. It is advisable to attach the joystick protection thing because you don't want your joystick to be continuously pressed or pushed to one side when you put it in the tight space.
2017-7-18
Use props
AAllali
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24974 ft
France

To protect the RC sticks, I cut the cardboard shape in the original packaging where the RC was stored. It protects nicely the screen and the sticks.
2017-7-18
Use props
Howard Hughes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2153209 ft
United States

Everything in the fly more combo fits into the bag with no problem, I even bought a forth battery, and it fits also. There are plenty of YouTube videos of how to pack it. I really like the small compact bag,  with everything in it for a weekend of drone flying.
2017-7-18
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Think the inside padding is a pain when it catches on the Mavics legs. Zip has rusted already after 2 months. Its ok, but not worth the advertised £75! Purchased two clamshell cases for the Mav and Controller. Much quicker to get in and out of.
2017-7-18
Use props
Vliegende Holla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

AAllali Posted at 2017-7-18 03:16
To protect the RC sticks, I cut the cardboard shape in the original packaging where the RC was stored. It protects nicely the screen and the sticks.

So did I, works perfect.
2017-7-18
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Twirlip Posted at 2017-7-17 16:06

I bought a pouch for the MP on Amazon, costs $7.00. It's lined inside but large enough to easily slide the MP in. The outside is somewhat slippery so when you put the pouch into the Flymore bag, it slides in and out with ease!
2017-7-18
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-7-18 13:48
I bought a pouch for the MP on Amazon, costs $7.00. It's lined inside but large enough to easily slide the MP in. The outside is somewhat slippery so when you put the pouch into the Flymore bag, it slides in and out with ease!

Ooo, nice idea!

Got a link?  
2017-7-18
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Twirlip Posted at 2017-7-18 15:40
Ooo, nice idea!

Got a link?

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Mavic ... SBKXTSEFVAKQCK46Y5R
2017-7-18
Use props
nomnomnom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8343 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I can fit everything into the bag comfortably (well the drone with a batter, and 2 more battries, not 3). Can you show us a pic of how you are packing? I dont see what the problem is.
2017-7-18
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use it for Apple TV, 120VAC inverter and all the cables to cast my video to a LCD TV. Works perfect for that.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules