Initial startup, how do I register the drone with DJI?
4555 13 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mamzak
New

Vietnam

This sounds like the dumbest question, but can someone please help me with the initial setup? This is my first DJI product, so I created a DJI account, downloaded the DJI GO4 app, powered on the controller, powered on the drone, plugged my phone into the controller and that's about as far as I get. The controller will read GPS mode and I can control the gimble but when I go to take off it says that it's not activated, and to check the app.

I realize this should be simple but my phone (iPhone 6s) is not picking anything up when I launch the GO4 app. It just sits on the home screen of the app and won't register that I have a Mavic, or prompt me with these blue go fly buttons that people keep talking about.

Is there an easy fix that I'm overlooking here?

Thanks for the help!!
2017-7-2
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

See video :
2017-7-2
Use props
mamzak
New

Vietnam

I've watched the video. The problem is that I don't get a prompt to register the drone at all. I open up the app with my phone connected to the controller and nothing happens.
2017-7-2
Use props
mamzak
New

Vietnam

I have deleted and re-installed the GO4 app, also tried disconnecting the side cable and connecting my iPhone via the bottom USB port. I am currently backpacking for the next year and a half with no computer so I can't really use DJI assistant computer program.

Any ideas?
2017-7-2
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Assistant is the most reliable method
2017-7-2
Use props
mamzak
New

Vietnam

So what do you do if you don't have a computer? Should I just go find an Internet cafe or something and download it there?

There's gotta be another solution here, no?
2017-7-2
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think most people (users) probably would have activated and at least test flown the device before heading out on a year long back packing trip.  
2017-7-2
Use props
mamzak
New

Vietnam

I'd feel really dumb if I had done that. Haha I've been on the road for 3 months already. Someone from back home came to visit me and brought the drone with them to me here.

Can you think of any other fix for "unactivated check app" error message on the controller? Why is there no response from the GO4 app when I plug my phone in? No prompt to register, nothing. Just sits with a picture of a phantom 4 unless I click products and go to Mavic but even that does nothing.
2017-7-2
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Once you click Products on the lower right of the screen there is an icon named "me".  See what happens when you click that
2017-7-2
Use props
mamzak
New

Vietnam

This is what I see when I click "me"
IMG_7553.PNG
2017-7-2
Use props
mamzak
New

Vietnam

I have a backup phone here with me- my old Samsung S5 Mini. Going to try downloading the app on that and see if maybe that's the issue?
2017-7-2
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, I'm at a lost.  Beginning to look like the DJI Assist is your best option.
2017-7-2
Use props
mamzak
New

Vietnam

Okay, appreciate the help anyways. I'll try downloading GO4 on my Samsung and maybe that will work. If not maybe I can find another traveler to let me use their computer or an Internet cafe I guess.
2017-7-2
Use props
mamzak
New

Vietnam

UPDATE:

Downloaded DJI GO4 on my Samsung S5 mini, crossed my fingers and hooked everything up. Boom! Right as I plugged into the controller I got the prompt for activation. Went through the steps and everything seems to be working 100% now. Will give her a test flight in the morning and see how it does.

No clue why it wouldn't work on my iPhone 6s. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, using an OEM Apple charge cord plugged into the bottom with the side cord removed, deleting the cache, etc. Anyone reading this in the future if you are having the same problem I was with an iPhone, try using an android. Solved the problem for me.
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules