2209 7 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

While is access to the GEO system helpful for safe flight, it is the pilot, who is ultimately responsible for the safe operation of his aircraft.  This choice to use or not use GEO is MISSING for the SPARK.  I know there is an unlocking system but without preplaning and internet it cannot be used.

GO4 MAVIC

GO4 MAVIC

GO4 SPARK

GO4 SPARK

Single SelectVote, Total 39 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

84.62% (33)
15.38% (6)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-7-2
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

DJI does not determine where you are allowed to fly, The aviation authority in your country decides. DJI is just trying to enforce the rules (presumably to preserve your right to fly, period).  So your questions should be:

1, Yes, I want to be able to ignore local flying regulations.

2. NO, I'll let the aviation authorities decide where I can fly.

Okay, that may be a bit harsh.  GEO fencing is crude and often inaccurate and should be vastly improved before strict enforcement.
2017-7-3
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-3 06:16
DJI does not determine where you are allowed to fly, The aviation authority in your country decides. DJI is just trying to enforce the rules (presumably to preserve your right to fly, period).  So your questions should be:

1, Yes, I want to be able to ignore local flying regulations.

I fly by my country's rules, I have a yearly government permit to fly including class D and E airspace.  On my three other DJI drones I have the option to turn off the GEO system.  With the Spark I cannot.  By not providing the switch DJI is enforcing their rules of where I can fly.
2017-7-3
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-7-3 06:55
I fly by my country's rules, I have a yearly government permit to fly including class D and E airspace.  On my three other DJI drones I have the option to turn off the GEO system.  With the Spark I cannot.  By not providing the switch DJI is enforcing their rules of where I can fly.

Well noted. Although flying a Spark for commercial application is a bit unusual.  

I also routinely fly within a Class D warning zone -  not enhanced warning.   (We're required to notify the airport authority, which I do).  

I flew the Mavic there last week, and got the usual warnings. When finished, I decided to take the Spark for a spin. I was flying the Spark without RC or phone - gesture mode only - and experienced no shutdowns or forced landings.  The next time I need to fly  there, I'll connect with GO to see if the behavior is the same.
2017-7-3
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Griffith Posted at 2017-7-3 09:41
Well noted. Although flying a Spark for commercial application is a bit unusual.  

I also routinely fly within a Class D warning zone -  not enhanced warning.   (We're required to notify the airport authority, which I do).  

I do the same here in class D.  Good to know it still took off in class D without unlocking.
(90% of my flights are for recreation, I mainly got "commercial" paperwork & insurance to fly at all, the rec rules in Canada are horrible)
2017-7-3
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-7-3 09:53
I do the same here in class D.  Good to know it still took off in class D without unlocking.
(90% of my flights are for recreation, I mainly got "commercial" paperwork & insurance to fly at all, the rec rules in Canada are horrible)

Well, I'll see if it behaves the same with GO running :-)
2017-7-3
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

When you turn off the GeoSystem the NFZ System is active.. so no advantage when turning it off.
NFZ = you can't fly
GEO = you can unlock
2017-7-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji will not only never put the geo button back but will continue to tighten the screws until they have complete control over the device that we PAID for. A lot like apple
2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules