New LightBridge firmware benefit user
7504 21 2014-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

HI All
We now have new firmware for LightBridge:   http://www.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge/download

And for Ronin user: No "please connect to main control" any more!! cheers

DJI-Julian

New release

New release

Major new features

Major new features
2014-10-14
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Updating now, thanks and keep up the awesome work!
2014-10-15
Use props
kicapiproductio
New

Malaysia

May I know how can we use the Lightbridge with iPad/ iPhone? If not now, when will the Apps be ready/ compatible with iOS system be made available by DJI?

Thanks
2014-11-12
Use props
cates.mj
lvl.1
United States

It appears there is a bug in the LB that does not save the settings for the HD-Gimbal or HDMI/AV.  even when connected (ie green light) showing they are in sync.   When you try and change the video source in the app it fails and will not change.  I have to play with it for hours to get it to flip to HD Gimbal and then even better when you power it off it reverts back to HDMI/AV and you have to do it again.  I have only be able to get it to switch twice.   From some others (dealers) they are experiencing the same issue with the latest firmware.
Bugs in latest LB Firmware
1. Wont switch video sources through app (maybe DJI should add this to the software configuration we use on computers so you can manually connect via usb and change it.
2.  It does save your setting upon power down.  It reverts back to the HDMI/AV and you have to tinker with it for hours to get it to switch and in most cases I just give up cannot use new S900 and LB with GH4 gimbal.  useless unit until this is fixed.
2014-11-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you sure you are running the most up to date app, 1.0.5?

I have not experienced this across my 4 units.
2014-11-19
Use props
fresheating
lvl.1

United States

Hi, since update,  I can no longer view hdmi with usb connected.   This is big issue since I use both simultaneously.   I was able to use both without fail before update. Now, the moment I connect hdmi, usb stops.  Please advise asap.  Thank you.
2014-11-19
Use props
chris
lvl.3

Indonesia

already before this update usb and hdmi didnt work..:@
2014-11-19
Use props
junglerto
lvl.1

Finland

Issue: The Z15-GH4 + Lightbridge fails to deliver HD image in cold weather. After it cools down enough, the HD image in our dual system will die. The FPV AV image works fine always. We have come to the conclusion that it is something to do with the HDMI cabling in the gimbal. The gimabl has already been changed once so we are ruling out that its a dummie. Inside in warm temperatures everything works fine.

Any suggestions in how to proceed? We are willing to give further details of our testing, but we are 100% sure its to do with the cold temperatures. The question is what are the cheap / crap components that need to be replaced. Maybe the HDMI cable itself... ?

This system is quaranteed to work up to -10 degrees but already fails in +2 -> not accetable!
2014-12-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

junglerto Posted at 2014-12-2 02:29
I am getting really fedup in how DJI treats customers.

1) No replies to any questions

I am sorry that you are having these issues.  Have you tried to attach a supplemental lipo to the GS of the Lightbridge.  The lipo in the Lightbridge may be suffering because of the lower temperatures.  I know that you know you have lower flight times on your flight batteries.  The supplemental lipo may relieve the brown outs that your are seeing.
2014-12-10
Use props
junglerto
lvl.1

Finland

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-11 11:14
I am sorry that you are having these issues.  Have you tried to attach a supplemental lipo to the  ...

The problem is not in the GS. It is in the Z15-GH4 gimbal.

We have testes so that the GS is inside in +23 degrees and the drone is outside +2 degrees. Still having the same problem.
2014-12-12
Use props
ducpeter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

junglerto Posted at 2014-12-13 04:25
The problem is not in the GS. It is in the Z15-GH4 gimbal.

We have testes so that the GS is insi ...

i will try on Sunday, i changed the HDMI wire to GH4 and covered the GCU (maybe heating it up)
we tryed 3 GS last week and we had the same problem in 0° to -1°C if its +5°C no problems
maybe i have to build a heat box like i did for my Lipo's
2014-12-12
Use props
mickael.damatha
lvl.1

France

#DJI

In the next firmware, could you please add an option "remove hdcp" in the LB menu ?
2014-12-20
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

mickael.damatha Posted at 2014-12-20 16:32
#DJI

In the next firmware, could you please add an option "remove hdcp" in the LB menu ?

That would be a great option!
2015-1-16
Use props
XAVITC
lvl.1

Spain

http://youtu.be/kvRx1IA_wk0
2015-1-19
Use props
XAVITC
lvl.1

Spain

http://youtu.be/kvRx1IA_wk0
Problems whit s900+a2+LB+GH4
Red light some times to green but usually innred even if green blinking in flight turns to red:@
2015-1-19
Use props
bfurman.email
lvl.2

Poland

@XAVITC:

Great video - first i must say.

Second - i cant fly either becouse of stuff like your. I know your pain.

Third - Try to jump over Z15 and connect LB to GH4 directly. We'll know if its Z15 problem or LB.
2015-1-20
Use props
ill7
lvl.2

Spain

Problems with DJI Lightbridge and GoPro Hero 4 Black = Video Signal RED Led

Please DJI, need HELP to solve it at soon as possible. Thanks.
2015-3-16
Use props
mgiamel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1684495 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have the same problem.  Phantom 2, gopro4 black and h4 gimbal. After update air system, PT2 app shows only main controller firmware version and do not shows air encoder version. On the air station I have a Red light on video channel and no video feed, green light for control. I have noticed a strange thing on the tablet app that confuse me, it looks on the contrary: video channel strenght 100 and rc 0. In my case rc works fine, gimball respond to tilt command but i miss video feed. Obviously before updete everithing was just fine
2015-3-27
Use props
pinto.kela
New
Flight distance : 886 ft
United States

Lightbridge app is not working for iPad, please help.  after the new iOS update my app crashes every time i open it.  Please help, cuz when it works its great!
2015-4-13
Use props
yi.zhang
New

Hong Kong

junglerto Posted at 2014-12-2 02:29
Issue: The Z15-GH4 + Lightbridge fails to deliver HD image in cold weather. After it cools down enou ...

Please contact support@dji.com for repair, THX~
2015-5-11
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ill7 Posted at 2015-3-17 11:55
Problems with DJI Lightbridge and GoPro Hero 4 Black = Video Signal RED Led

https://www.youtube.com ...

Just out of curiosity what video mode is your GoPro outputting? I'm pretty sure the Lightbridge needs 1080i rather than P and I think the GoPro auto negotiates so maybe in the latest LB firmware they broke the auto-neg?

See if you can force the GoPro to 1080i?
2015-6-5
Use props
mstonys
New

Switzerland

eliandro torres Posted at 2015-7-14 16:20
the problem is not with the GoPro, LB does not accept more progressive resolutions after the upgra ...

Looks like i have the same problem. i can also see that it is not possible to update software on my Lightbrigde, Windows update software is not allowing to register or login, sends NGINX failed message..

http://login.dji-innovations.com/member/forget/en_US

seens like a very serious problem..any  clue?
my current Ground system main controller version is 1.1.9, ground system decoder 1.4.7
2015-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules