123Next >
30319 115 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhoppes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

37 in line.... here.  Are these people being taken care of... or dropping off lol.
2017-7-2
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got down to 14 and now its suddenly 56.  What the heck?
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

I'm at 18 now.
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Down to position 3.
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

ARG.  Why do they want screenshots of everything... I gave you the error message.
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

I'm speaking with Pawie
2017-7-2
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

14th in line now - again.  
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

They are now trying to blame it on my home WiFi network.
2017-7-2
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

mhoppes Posted at 2017-7-2 16:49
They are now trying to blame it on my home WiFi network.

Ask them if they have access to their own forums. Then they can see that EVERYONE is having issues with their home internet connections. *Sarcasm
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

in that case sir i need you to uninstall the DJI GO application then let see if the problem still there. Because even if you have access to internet and the only problem is on the DJI Go app itself. Yes it is possbile that we have problem with your controller itself

How do I uninstall the Go app from the Phantom 4 Pro + controller??
I have done a COMPLETE reset of the controller. There is literally nothing else to reset/change at this point.
20:57

Resetting of controller is the same as uninstalling the app Matt. Ok it is ok for you to hold for a moment? let me check if there is any possible way to resolve you concern.
2017-7-2
Use props
50Cal
New
United States

Having same issue after latest update on controller,  sent email to DJI.
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

in that case Sir Matt we need to send your drone back to repair. Because it is possible your concern now is cause of a Sofware problem

Absolutely not... it was working fine until the most recent firmware update. The controller has Internet access. I need this for a photo shoot tomorrow.
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

They are insisting that I will need to send my Drone into them for repair as it appears to be a software issue... HA!  There's no repair.  There will be a return.
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

the only way that we can do for now is to send your controller sir back to us
for us to able to roll back the firmware for you to able to use that again because the problem here is the firmware

there will be no sending this back... this is either a local software issue (which should be able to be fixed via a remote session), or a server issue (which should be able to be fixed by DJI). You are going to be doing this for hundreds of people... not a great business decision.

I either will be sending this back for a FULL REFUND, or you can fix it remotely... so far my exprience has been terrible
21:29
send me the flash file to reflash to the devices... I'm technical.. just need instructions...
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

i do appologize sir but upon checking there is no flash memory for your drone
all we can use is the DJI assistance 2
to roll back the firmware

so why is Assistance 2 not working on EITHER computer? it would seem to me that DJI makes junk software
21:39
I have a suggestion. How about you just send me a Phantom 4 Pro controller (no plus) and I don't return this flaming pile of junk?
<thus ends the reading of the transcript>  This is absolutely ridiculous.

Amazon, the vendor I purchased it from and American Express have all been put on high-alert.

2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

@The Roach - how did you make out?

2017-7-2
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Just finished a chat - no resolution at this time.  Calling it a night - going to sit in front of Family Guy...
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Sir let me inform you this our technical team advice us to inform you to chat us back again 4-5hours we are trying to resolve this firmware issue sir
2017-7-2
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

mhoppes Posted at 2017-7-2 18:08
Sir let me inform you this our technical team advice us to inform you to chat us back again 4-5hours we are trying to resolve this firmware issue sir

Yup - Support did say as much.  Multiple reports of the issue and that it's a high priority.
2017-7-2
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

mhoppes Posted at 2017-7-2 17:51
@The Roach - how did you make out?

They are aware of multiple reports of the issue.  Asked to check back in about 5 hours.   I'm on the US east coast, it's getting late anyway with tonight's fireworks all done.   I'll check back in the morning.  
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Praise the Lord... got it fixed.  I went to archive.org, loaded the phantom 4 download page, found the v1130_20 bin file, loaded that onto an SD card, loaded that onto the controller, reset to defaults.. and we are back in business on the older firmware.

For anyone wanting to fix this themselves:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _v1130_20170307.zip

Download that, put it in the root directory of a micro SD card.  Stick the card in your controller.
Go to settings --> update.  Click the three little dots in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Local update.

Do the Local Update.  Upon finishing the app may start crashing.  Give it 2-3 minutes to stabilize, swipe down from the top and go to settings then backup and reset and do a system reset.  You may have to keep clicking "OK" when the Go app crashes.

The system will reboot on the older firmware and be operational.
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

Now that all being said - I still don't seem to be able to log into my account from the device.... but I do appear to be able to fly without needing to be logged in.

WHAT A HOT MESS!
2017-7-2
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
United States

And offline maps are working!

2017-7-2
Use props
kg.tychy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165430 ft
Poland

Same issue with mine Pro+. Bricked. Strangely enough, when I installed the DJI GO app in my smartphone, it was able to sign in. Same with DJI Assistant 2 on my home PC. How come the Pro+ RC can not do it when all three devices use the same wireless network? It must be something with RC or DJI servers, not the WiFi network configuration.  I assume there is some sort of network communication going on in the RC once it's connected to WiFi, because in the "sign up" dialog it generates captchas. With WiFi off, the "sign up" dialog does not show up at all. Which would confirm that the issue is either in RC itself that got messed up after restoring factory defaults or with DJI servers. I wonder if there will be any regular solution to fix it or just the work-around method with downgrading the firmware.
2017-7-2
Use props
Avioscape_1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319262 ft
United Kingdom

racer888 Posted at 2017-7-2 12:12
If you have the P4P+ (built in screen) you have to swipe down from the top of the screen and it will open a window that will allow you to reconnect with your network.

Yes..Unfortunately the same message comes up if you are connected. I think tht's a DJI problem.
2017-7-2
Use props
Avioscape_1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

racer888 Posted at 2017-7-2 12:12
If you have the P4P+ (built in screen) you have to swipe down from the top of the screen and it will open a window that will allow you to reconnect with your network.

Yes..Unfortunately the same message comes up if you are connected.
2017-7-2
Use props
Avioscape_1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Roach Posted at 2017-7-2 11:54
I can't understand why a world class product doesn't have world class support.  Someone should be available 24x7x365.  

Not to mention my staus, I'm clearly online.

Really Good Point! Without adequate backup and customer service, it could be the best product in the world but will ultimately cause a fall in sales. They just need to get their customer services act together like Apple!!
2017-7-2
Use props
fans080bf831
New
United Kingdom

fans080bf831 Posted at 2017-7-2 08:21
wasted a whole day trying to log on no maps on my screen is this caused by the internet problem

battery wont run down to storage after the 3 days iv set what am i doing wrong
2017-7-2
Use props
Samza
lvl.1
Finland

I got it working without any roll back firmware tricks. I was able to login now.
2017-7-2
Use props
Samza
lvl.1
Finland

Also maps is working.
2017-7-3
Use props
Avioscape_1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Samza Posted at 2017-7-3 00:03
Also maps is working.

All back to normal now, with correct maps and all of my previous flight information (Which is strange with a full reset). Now all we need is a message from DJI... "Sorry for the inconvenience but we are encountering a few issues which may affect DGI Go resets on Phantom 4 Pro and Plus which our engineers are currently resolving, we will post to the forum when we think these issues are resolved".
Simples!!
2017-7-3
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

hey what going on I'm at work
2017-7-3
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Samza Posted at 2017-7-2 23:57
I got it working without any roll back firmware tricks. I was able to login now.

What was your fix?
2017-7-3
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The issue appears to have been resolved.  I made no additional changes since last night so the issue MUST have been on the DJI Infrastructure side.  Of course no update from DJI.  This was the last straw for me, I'm not coming back for additional DJI purchases.  The NFZ issues, update issues, release issues, and now no fly issues.  A lesser camera in the air is better than no camera in the air.  

It was a nice run DJI but my frustration level has hit its limit.  
2017-7-3
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Are these Posts All about the Phantom 4 pro PLUS (+) of also for the "normal" Phantom 4 Pro if I may ask?

Regards,

Max
2017-7-3
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

CanonMax Posted at 2017-7-3 04:46
Are these Posts All about the Phantom 4 pro PLUS (+) of also for the "normal" Phantom 4 Pro if I may ask?

Regards,

From what I've read the issue impacted the P4P, P4P+ and P4A.  
2017-7-3
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

The Roach Posted at 2017-7-3 04:09
The issue appears to have been resolved.  I made no additional changes since last night so the issue MUST have been on the DJI Infrastructure side.  Of course no update from DJI.  This was the last straw for me, I'm not coming back for additional DJI purchases.  The NFZ issues, update issues, release issues, and now no fly issues.  A lesser camera in the air is better than no camera in the air.  

It was a nice run DJI but my frustration level has hit its limit.

I'm starting to think that the apparent blackout of the DJI servers in charge of communicating with the DJI GO 4 App might be due to some (yet undocumented) restriction on Internet traffic from/to China not depending on DJI but possibly on Government issues... I haven't been flying these last three days due to adverse weather, so I cannot say if I would have been affected too. And, no, I'm not a "conspiracy theories" guy...
2017-7-3
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-3 05:06
I'm starting to think that the apparent blackout of the DJI servers in charge of communicating with the DJI GO 4 App might be due to some (yet undocumented) restriction on Internet traffic from/to China not depending on DJI but possibly on Government issues... I haven't been flying these last three days due to adverse weather, so I cannot say if I would have been affected too. And, no, I'm not a "conspiracy theories" guy...

I thought of that as well.  I would think the servers would be distributed to avoid that particular problem if it did occur but then again we're talking about a company with no focus on customer service.  
2017-7-3
Use props
Hemingway845
New
United States

I'm back up as well. I wondered if the were affected by the global virus that broke out over the last week?  And... i now have maps !
2017-7-3
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I may have missed where someone else posted clarification but, does anyone know why this affected only some of us and not others? I ask because an associate of mine and I were flying our Phantoms at a park this weekend. I have been able to fly fine (with custom channel selected for better live video feed though), while his Phantom was temporarily grounded. After a few more attempts, he was suddently able to fly again but we never determined why he could not in the first place.

I must add though that he was able to take off but his Phantom would within seconds land without allowing him to fly anywhere. I know this is a different issue from what's being posted, but different in experiences over this weekend between my associate and I made me wonder what the difference could be in our hardware (as software should have been most recent update for each of our quads/apps/controllers).

So again, (different situation, but) why were many of use able to fly this weekend while others could not? Is it because some of us had received a required update and login status before the problem started? Just wondering.
2017-7-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules