Spark powered of in flight
2040 17 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdf9f8924
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80951 ft
United Kingdom

I had just been out with my spark I had used my first battery of the day no problems. Then changed to my second battery and was just having a bit of a fly around and it dropped from the sky luckily it was only close 4m up 20 away and over long grass. When I went over to it I found it was powered off I have checked the flight log and it was 50% battery and no messages. Has anyone any ideas feeling scared to fly it now!
2017-7-2
Use props
Michael Stoute
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3495003 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Always charge the battery to 100 percent before use.
2017-7-2
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't know about the Spark, but all the similar posts I've read concerning the Mavic were because the battery wasn't seated good.
2017-7-2
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Mine happened on Saturday and had back to DJI to have data analysis. Battery was full when take off and had double checked the battery was seal tightly before and after the accident.
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm so sorry for your experience with our product, could you happen to export the flight data and black box to us for further analysis? You can upload to Dropbox and post the link here.
To export the data, please download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website, install it then connect your Spark to PC, run Assistant 2, click on ''Data upload'' and "Black box" on the left side, you could save it to local, here is the picture for your reference:
data and black box.png
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-7-2 17:10
Mine happened on Saturday and had back to DJI to have data analysis. Battery was full when take off and had double checked the battery was seal tightly before and after the accident.

May I have the case number? We will take care of it when it arrives.
2017-7-3
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 04:56
May I have the case number? We will take care of it when it arrives.

I had bought to the DJI Hong Kong official centre to have data analysis.

2017-7-3
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Hong Kong

It was the first time I heard that auto power cut may happen if play with palm take off and gesture control inside NFZ !!! What a surprised that it may be power cut instead of auto land.

You arrow my Spark to take off but shoot me down afterwards

Palm take off at OPTI mode, later changed to GPS mode and the Spark lost power and dropped on the ground from above 5 feet hovering status.

If not related to NFZ.. then a serious bug should occur !

2017-7-3
Use props
OG-shrocky2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280814 ft
United States

I too had my spark power off during flight and fall. My flight record shows it fell over 180 feet onto the street. Beside a little road rash, the propellers got cut up, and the camera lens cover cracked. I started with a completely full battery, and the drone was at 73% when it powered off. The video that was recording didn't show any flight hazards, the video  just stopped abruptly.
2017-7-3
Use props
OG-shrocky2
lvl.2
United States

OG-shrocky2 Posted at 2017-7-3 19:04
I too had my spark power off during flight and fall. My flight record shows it fell over 180 feet onto the street. Beside a little road rash, the propellers got cut up, and the camera lens cover cracked. I started with a completely full battery, and the drone was at 73% when it powered off. The video that was recording didn't show any flight hazards, the video  just stopped abruptly.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2qmp0npd8l63nzl/AACyY7RXoUq4pDZHmvbCY8Vba?dl=0

here is a link to my flight data & blackbox. Can you tell me what happened to my drone...and why it powered off in flight
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-7-3 05:16
It was the first time I heard that auto power cut may happen if play with palm take off and gesture control inside NFZ !!! What a surprised that it may be power cut instead of auto land.

You arrow my Spark to take off but shoot me down afterwards

We have replied your post on your own thread and Chinese Forum as well, please do not spam, we will try our best to help you out.
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OG-shrocky2 Posted at 2017-7-3 20:18
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2qmp0npd8l63nzl/AACyY7RXoUq4pDZHmvbCY8Vba?dl=0

here is a link to my flight data & blackbox. Can you tell me what happened to my drone...and why it powered off in flight

Our engineer is analyzing your data, could you happen to provide the video as well?
2017-7-3
Use props
OG-shrocky2
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 22:33
Our engineer is analyzing your data, could you happen to provide the video as well?

I posted the video to youtube.com

or you can download the video from dropbox.com
https://www.dropbox.com/s/37beln4776tvsvn/DJI_0013.MP4?dl=0
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OG-shrocky2 Posted at 2017-7-4 04:40

I posted the video to youtube.com

Did your battery power on or off when you found it? Please contact our support to raise a ticket and send in, then leave me with the case number when it is created. Here is the link to obtain support: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-4
Use props
OG-shrocky2
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-4 05:05
Did your battery power on or off when you found it? Please contact our support to raised a ticket and send in, then leave me with the case number when it is created. Here is the link to obtain support: http://www.dji.com/support

I submitted a request (616027) to DJI Support. When I found the spark, the battery was powered off.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OG-shrocky2 Posted at 2017-7-4 06:09
I submitted a request (616027) to DJI Support. When I found the spark, the battery was powered off.

Our email team will guide you to create a ticket, it is begin with CAS-xxxxxx. They will reply your email soon, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans5dac9450
New
Flight distance : 12861 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I experienced the same problem as the other users. My spark was hovering and it suddenly powered off and fell. It seems to function okay at the moment but I want to know why this has happened?!?
I tried to download flight data and blackbox data, but flight data doesn't load and blackbox is stuck on exporting on DJI assistant 2, any advice on this? Thanks.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5dac9450 Posted at 2017-7-16 13:18
Hi, I experienced the same problem as the other users. My spark was hovering and it suddenly powered off and fell. It seems to function okay at the moment but I want to know why this has happened?!?
I tried to download flight data and blackbox data, but flight data doesn't load and blackbox is stuck on exporting on DJI assistant 2, any advice on this? Thanks.

We are sorry for the crash accident. Please contact our support to send in the drone. Local repair team will export the data for analysis, they will help to figure out the reason of the falling down. Thank you.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules