Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone shuts down Gatwick
1225 7 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Oh great.  Here we go again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40476264
2017-7-2
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was just about to add a similar topic. Some idiot once again being moronic with his or hers actions throwing drones once again in a negative limelight.

What's wrong with these people?  How stupid can you get flying a drone near an airport?! They will spoil the relatively lax, yet common sense laws in the U.K.  Its infuriating when these stories break out.
2017-7-2
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

People who fly at altitudes on airport approaches and departure routes really do need locking up for their own and others safety,  because obviously if they do this type of thing they are just as happy putting everyone else at risk, every where they go !   on our roads, footpaths, waterways, in our jobs and pleasure areas too, no doubt.   I hope they are found and dealt with properly!
2017-7-2
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-7-2 14:24
People who fly at altitudes on airport approaches and departure routes really do need locking up for their own and others safety,  because obviously if they do this type of thing they are just as happy putting everyone else at risk, every where they go !   on our roads, footpaths, waterways, in our jobs and pleasure areas too, no doubt.   I hope they are found and dealt with properly!

I wouldn't mind as long as they stay out of the runway line of traffic, but it is obvious they were trying to get some landing footage.

One thing I would like to see with drone rules is may 1.5 miles from the runway sides, and 3 to 5 miles from the landing headings, or at least something similar to the model airplane rules...

I think they made it all 5 miles since drone people are deemed not intelligent enough to figure out what is safe and what is not.
2017-7-2
Use props
Drone2621
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225292 ft
United Kingdom

Read a few reports like this in the press and they all turned out to be fake news I would say this is BS as well they must be short of news today. Lets see the proof of this incident first rather than some pilot flying at over 500mph who thinks a bird is a drone. The aviation industry and many commercial pilots display a open hatred towards drones and the fact any one can fly them. Not to mention the fact you don't need to hire a helicopter and pilot and camera crew to get great aerial footage anymore ,a big loss to them.

Then the goverment in the UK, well its every other week they find a reason to Tax something are monitor us if its not CCTV on every corner its bad words on the internet are the nanny state. Just a matter of time before they try to ban drones in the UK all the false flag storys in the press are a sure sign those in power want control of eyes in the sky. Are create a whole industry around obtaining a drone license and making some people rich and adding to the tax income.

If some one did fly a drone over a airport then lock them up and ban them from flying. If its a DJI drone the goverment would have no problem getting a trace on it. My guess is no arrests will be made and this is just another bit of fake news that's going to form the backbone of a new goverment legislation banning are restricting their use . Registration with a small admit fee is a reasonable solution .
2017-7-2
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Last time this happened there was never evidence of a drone at all.  That was the time a pilot claimed to have hit one but there was no damage or indication anything had struck the plane.
2017-7-2
Use props
4wd
First Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some of the page links lead to other sightings of 'orb-like' drones at high altitude.
It seems like Drone is the new shorthand for UFO in the original meaning - Unidentified Flying Object.

These sightings at Gatwick could do with more details regarding who saw and reported something, and how high it was.
Even if you lived under the flightpath you could fly safely in your back garden at roof level.
2017-7-3
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

remember, only fly with this drone near airports...

2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules