endurable little device this is *.*

What do you think?

Best regards guys
2017-7-2
Use props
Trebble
lvl.1
Netherlands

Really awesome to see that it can endure this much! Makes flying in somewhat harsher conditions a lot more comfortable.
2017-7-2
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65157 ft
United States

I will say this its a hardy little thing. I smacked a tree on accident doh! you can see it in this video around 45 seconds.

2017-7-2
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

FluxSine Posted at 2017-7-2 12:13
I will say this its a hardy little thing. I smacked a tree on accident doh! you can see it in this video around 45 seconds.

Second Outting

looks like the kids are enjoying it.
2017-7-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Second Outting

Anyone else notice the occasional jitter in the video? Is that normal for a Spark?
2017-7-2
Use props
yannifly
lvl.1
Germany

Second Outting

Really nice video and cute kids! ;)

There is so much reports of bugs and support cases right here, but above all, we need to
remember what good devices we have there.

My Spark crashed fullspeed into a sand dune because of a magnetic interference and I pulled it out and it could fly right after that without a flaw
2017-7-2
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-7-2 13:01
Anyone else notice the occasional jitter in the video? Is that normal for a Spark?

I think the jitter is due most likely from video being transmitted to phone instead of straight off the the micro SD card. I'll recreate the video in premiere when I get my USB to USB C adaptor from work
2017-7-2
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-2 12:41
looks like the kids are enjoying it.

They are, my son loves it. Makes me a bit nervous but we let him fly in parks when no one is arround.
2017-7-2
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
United States

yannifly Posted at 2017-7-2 13:09
Really nice video and cute kids! ;)

There is so much reports of bugs and support cases right here, but above all, we need to

Thanks! Yeah it's a great little device and I'm actually really happy with it. I waned a Mavic but decided I'd wait for the Mavic 2 and learn on the Spark. It's tough, flys well, and haven't had issues yet. Going to try gestures today.
2017-7-2
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394800 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Haha, love that, feel a bit stupid that I landed my drone when a single drop of rain landed on my face the other evening.. ;)
2017-7-2
Use props
yannifly
lvl.1
Germany

FluxSine Posted at 2017-7-2 13:20
Thanks! Yeah it's a great little device and I'm actually really happy with it. I waned a Mavic but decided I'd wait for the Mavic 2 and learn on the Spark. It's tough, flys well, and haven't had issues yet. Going to try gestures today.

A lot of people complain about gesture mode, but if you try it a few times you will find out how to move your hand properly, so that it always works.

In the beginning, i couldnt let Spark land on my hand. It always gained altitude instead of landing. But after a while i tried moving my hand slower underneath it - worked perfectly fine ever since.
2017-7-2
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394800 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FluxSine Posted at 2017-7-2 13:20

my plan exactly. I will buy the mavic 2 when it comes out :-)
2017-7-2
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Mine rang off the metal downspout of our metal gutter and although it left paint on the props, it had no noticeable issues.
2017-7-2
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

I was amazed by the spark watching this video https://youtu.be/haFQNEw1mH0
2017-7-2
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

kasei Posted at 2017-7-2 17:33
I was amazed by the spark watching this video https://youtu.be/haFQNEw1mH0

2017-7-2
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-7-2 13:01

Here is the footage from the drone, what do you think ?
2017-7-3
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
United States

I didn't color grade it but I'm still really happy with the 1080p footage.
2017-7-3
Use props
QHovey
lvl.2
United States

I've had two crash landing so far. The first was only a couple feet in the air, inside. I wanted to check out some camera and flight settings, but you can't even access those settings with out being in flight. So I took off, but using the phone as the controller is dangerous because sometimes I forget to turn off the Joysticks and when i go to interact with the UI I fly backward, into a book case, and onto the hardwood floor. One of the caps on that cover the LED lights on the wings popped off, but it popped right back on. Still good!

Second crash was a tree. Was going to low altitude shots at a party with tree cover. I only have 1 battery at the moment, and spending time to properly double check my fail safe settings means less video capture time (Mistake 1). I got the low battery warning, and in my haste to keep the shot going, i hit OK for return to home, not CANCEL (Mistake 2!). It took off to the 30 meter RTH altitude with tree branches only 10 meters above it. Crash, recovered in mid air actually but seemed to ignore my cancel commands, and crashed again. Hit the ground, broke a propeller, but that's it. I'm somewhat surprised the camera held up, that's definitely seems to be the weakest point since its on a small mechanical gimbal.

Still it perfect working order, I'll order some extra propellers since I've used one. I'll be sure to keep it safe this 4th of July!
2017-7-3
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

FluxSine Posted at 2017-7-3 00:18
Here is the footage from the drone, what do you think ?
Second Outing

Much better! And those beautiful kids having fun with you makes my heart smile.
2017-7-3
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-7-3 09:54
Much better! And those beautiful kids having fun with you makes my heart smile.

Thanks! Yes our kids are loving it. Have a great holiday tomorrow. Feel free to share some videos when you get a chance.
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules