Battery bricked after firmware update, useless support (as usual)
1779 16 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181253 ft
Peru

Hi guys I am just letting you know that once againg DJI support is useless. My brand new battery was bricked after last firmware update and DJI wants it back before they can send me a new one. I have to pay for shipping both ways even though It is not my fault and on top of that, the battery says that it is broken and shouldn't be shipped.

IMG_8492.PNG

2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We apologize for the trouble you've been caused, the picture you uploaded here is not available, please click on "Advanced"--"Picture"--"Upload" and try again, thanks.
Besides, would you please describe the situation about the battery? The middle two LED keeps on, and nothing response when pressing power button?
Have you tried to upgrade the drone again with the battery inserted?
Please leave me the e-mail address you used to conatct online chat so we can look into what happened, thanks.

2017-7-3
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Peru

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-3 02:05
We apologize for the trouble you've been caused, the picture you uploaded here is not available, please click on "Advanced"--"Picture"--"Upload" and try again, thanks.
Besides, would you please describe the situation about the battery? The middle two LED keeps on, and nothing response when pressing power button?
Have you tried to upgrade the drone again with the battery inserted?

Hi Natalia, I tried everything I saw on this forum, all of the LEDs are on and I can't turn off the battery, I waited until it was fully discharge and then I charge it again and it is still malfunctioning. I used the same email address I am using here. My case number is CAS-754537-R0J4T1
IMG_8492.PNG
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dronadicto Posted at 2017-7-3 08:33
Hi Natalia, I tried everything I saw on this forum, all of the LEDs are on and I can't turn off the battery, I waited until it was fully discharge and then I charge it again and it is still malfunctioning. I used the same email address I am using here. My case number is CAS-754537-R0J4T1
[view_image]

Thanks for the details, the battery needs to be sent in, since you're in Peru, it is not qualified for shipping label, you must send it in by yourself.
Please send it in at your most convenience, we'll take care of it once it arrives, thank you for your support!
2017-7-3
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Peru

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-3 23:39
Thanks for the details, the battery needs to be sent in, since you're in Peru, it is not qualified for shipping label, you must send it in by yourself.
Please send it in at your most convenience, we'll take care of it once it arrives, thank you for your support!

It seems like you don't understand the problem. DJI's faulty firmware upgrade bricked my brand new battery. DJI should send me a new battery because they broke it. I shouldn't be paying for DJI's mistakes. Besides that, broken cell batteries shouldn't be sent by air mail and peruvian regulations forbid the shipping of used batteries by air mail.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dronadicto Posted at 2017-7-4 09:04
It seems like you don't understand the problem. DJI's faulty firmware upgrade bricked my brand new battery. DJI should send me a new battery because they broke it. I shouldn't be paying for DJI's mistakes. Besides that, broken cell batteries shouldn't be sent by air mail and peruvian regulations forbid the shipping of used batteries by air mail.

I have escalated your case to appropriate team to see if there will be better resolution for you. Please kindly wait patiently, we will have someone to follow up and contact you after reviewing.
2017-7-4
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Peru

15 days later and I still don't have a solution
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dronadicto Posted at 2017-7-17 16:58
15 days later and I still don't have a solution

Our colleague has sent you email on 7th, July by support.us@dji.com about the resolution, please check your spam.
2017-7-17
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Peru

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 22:43
Our colleague has sent you email on 7th, July by  about the resolution, please check your spam.

And they told me the same thing that made me open this topic, thats why I don't have a solution yet
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dronadicto Posted at 2017-7-18 07:03
And they told me the same thing that made me open this topic, thats why I don't have a solution yet

Our supervisor has made the final decision that we are unable to provide another option. The battery must be sent in if you would like a warranty service, and we will pay shipping back to you. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-7-18
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Peru

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-18 22:49
Our supervisor has made the final decision that we are unable to provide another option. The battery must be sent in if you would like a warranty service, and we will pay shipping back to you. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thats the thing, I don't want a warranty service. I want DJI to replace the battery that their faulty upgrade process bricked. My battery was working perfectly until DJI made me upgrade the firmware to keep using the battey which made it unusable.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dronadicto Posted at 2017-7-25 13:16
Thats the thing, I don't want a warranty service. I want DJI to replace the battery that their faulty upgrade process bricked. My battery was working perfectly until DJI made me upgrade the firmware to keep using the battey which made it unusable.

Actually, the battery has nothing to do with the firmware. We will replace the battery for you, but your address--Pru is not qualified for shipping label, the damaged battery must be shipped back firstly by yourself and then the replacement battery will be sent to you. Sorry that there is no other options.
2017-7-25
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Peru

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-25 22:51
Actually, the battery has nothing to do with the firmware. We will replace the battery for you, but your address--Pru is not qualified for shipping label, the damaged battery must be shipped back firstly by yourself and then the replacement battery will be sent to you. Sorry that there is no other options.

How is that possible? the battery was working fine before the firmware update and all the solutions given by tech support involved updating the firmware again.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dronadicto Posted at 2017-7-25 13:16

Then have you tried to update firmware again? No matter what may cause the problem, the battery must be sent in firstly and then repair center will ship a replacement to you.
2017-7-27
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Peru

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 02:18
Then have you tried to update firmware again? No matter what may cause the problem, the battery must be sent in firstly and then repair center will ship a replacement to you.

I did it more than 10 times nothing works
2017-7-27
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Peru

Dronadicto Posted at 2017-7-27 09:24
I did it more than 10 times nothing works

I just tried to send it and it was refused and I almost got a fine for doing this. Can't you just send the replacement??? I can send you a video showing you how it doesn't work and then destroying it with a hammer so you will have your proof that I won't be using it.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Dronadicto Posted at 2017-8-18 07:54
I just tried to send it and it was refused and I almost got a fine for doing this. Can't you just send the replacement??? I can send you a video showing you how it doesn't work and then destroying it with a hammer so you will have your proof that I won't be using it.

If so, please send an email with a video and brief description to support.us@dji.com, see if they can send a replacement to you in this situation. If you have any trouble to get it from the Support, please leave me with your ticket number, I'd like to double confirm it with the management.
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules