DJI Assistant VPS Cal with Mavic?
1325 6 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sterlingmalory
New
Flight distance : 246788 ft
United States

When I power up my Mavic, I get a red (!) triangle in the "Aircraft Status" flash menu.  It indicates that the VPS needs calibration using DJI Assistant and a Mac or PC.  A couple of problems.  I can't find DJI Assistant in the app stor for my Macbook Pro (and have no idea how what it means by "Connect to a Mac or PC", does it mean the A/C itself through a USB port or something?The R/C alone? R/C and A/C while paired? R/C and A/C and phone? There are a lot of permutations of update operation devices, actors and sequences...So many instructions from DJI are ambiguous this way).  If I try it on my iPhone that I use to fly, DJI Assist only recognizes the A2 and Ronin.  It says you can change devices, but it never finds my mavic.  I don't have a PC with me (my only remaining pc problem is at my other house 200 miles away).

I also haven't found where I can access that "Aircraft Status" menu manually after I close the popup.  I don't find any options to calibrate VPS anywhere in any menu or device and I think it's causing other issues.  I haven't been able to fly outside the beginner mode altitude and distance ranges for several days, despite all versions/settings being current and showing no problems other than the VPS Cal warning.  Another local user suggested delete/reinstall of the DJIGo 4 on my phone that I fly with, and that seemed to cure the problem, but still having the VPS Cal warning.

Prior to the app delete/reinstall I was also getting an "Inconsistent Firmware may lead to unexpected issues" or some such message with two of my 5 batteries.  When I would navigate to a manual update through DJIGo4 it would say "No update available" and show everything current.  Is the battery involved in the update process?  Will I need to run all updates on all batteries?  That could be a real pain.
2017-7-2
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I can't find DJI Assistant in the app stor for my Macbook Pro

I believe you need to use the link found on this page.

[I] have no idea how what it means by "Connect to a Mac or PC", does it mean the A/C itself through a USB port or something?

Yes. There's a USB port on the Mavic's left side and you should have received a cable with it that you can use.

Also, a quick search yielded this tutorial video:

2017-7-2
Use props
sterlingmalory
New
United States

Gonna get right on that, thanks for the help!!
2017-7-2
Use props
sterlingmalory
New
United States

Ok, got assistant installed running and have followed the calibration procedure 3 times now with same problem.  The final step after it calculates and says "Calibration complete, restart Aircraft". With a green check button and no other info.  If I power down the mavic at this point, I get an error in assistant that says "communications with controller lost please reconnect controller". When I power the mavic back on, I'm in a "Tutorial 3/3" page that says "Frame alignment error" and the option of "previous" or a grated out "Calibrate Now" button with a spinning download icon perpetually circling. ?
2017-7-2
Use props
sterlingmalory
New
United States

Oh, and apparently have to exit and reboot everything to get out of it, Assistant no longer responds except to bounce back 2 pervious screens and then forward back to the same logjam.
2017-7-2
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

sterlingmalory Posted at 2017-7-2 14:35
Oh, and apparently have to exit and reboot everything to get out of it, Assistant no longer responds except to bounce back 2 pervious screens and then forward back to the same logjam.

Yes, I've seen a number of reports of problems with VPS calibration on the Mac. You might try changing your screen resolution to something lower and attempting the calibration again as mentioned here.
2017-7-2
Use props
sterlingmalory
New
United States

Turns out the calibration must have been retained.  This time, I just exited DJI Assistant straight from the "Success" screen and then unplugged and powered down the drone.  Booted everything and it shows no error now and everything worked well on a test flight.  Thanks for the prompt assistance, very helpful.
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules