What happens when I call the support number?
745 3 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhoppes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

Will I get someone in the US who knows what they are doing and who can think?

2017-7-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Not a chance.... You will get a mechanical parrot with a list of posible responses, same as you get from most electronics companies. Oh, but they will wish you 'Have a Nice Day'.
2017-7-2
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-2 20:22
Not a chance.... You will get a mechanical parrot with a list of posible responses, same as you get from most electronics companies. Oh, but they will wish you 'Have a Nice Day'.

I used to manage a Help Desk at one time. The serious answer is that most companies have their Tier 1 support who pick up the phone and chat lines. They'll typically know little about the product apart from the basics learnt from their scripts - 'have you rebooted the workstation?'; 'is the power plugged in?' These scripts account for something like 80% of most people's problems. If they can't resolve it, you'll be referred to the Tier 2 who have more real experience. Most Tier 1 will be on a performance arrangement where they must manage the average call is less than a certain time, and resolve-on-first-call at a target %. That's why sometimes they may fob you off with a 'Give it a go and call back if no good' after spending a little time discussing the basic resolutions.

Then there's DJI. No idea.

One of my team's used 'Have a nice day' with a code meaning for something else. You could tell those support personnel who'd had a difficult call with a client when they'd finish a call that way...
2017-7-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-2 22:04
I used to manage a Help Desk at one time. The serious answer is that most companies have their Tier 1 support who pick up the phone and chat lines. They'll typically know little about the product apart from the basics learnt from their scripts - 'have you rebooted the workstation?'; 'is the power plugged in?' These scripts account for something like 80% of most people's problems. If they can't resolve it, you'll be referred to the Tier 2 who have more real experience. Most Tier 1 will be on a performance arrangement where they must manage the average call is less than a certain time, and resolve-on-first-call at a target %. That's why sometimes they may fob you off with a 'Give it a go and call back if no good' after spending a little time discussing the basic resolutions.

Then there's DJI. No idea.

Yeah, I am aware that 'Have a Nice Day' actually means 'Go #$%$% Yourself'. Then of course there is the 'Send it back to me and I will arrange a refund. You are too stupid to own one of these'.
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules