My Mavic lost control and flew away from me
1015 2 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd5592d10
New
United States

Today I was flying my Mavic Pro. When it was 20 feet away from and close to the ground the mavic battery was approximately 25% and RC battery was 57%. All on a sudden, i lost control of the mavic. Non of the key in the RC was working. I turned on the return home option from the app but it did not respond. When I realized I do not have any control on it, I started running towards it. But it went so fast, I could not track it down. The RC was showing message check app when it was flying away from me. I was feeling like someone was taking my drone away from me.

I had flown Phantom 4 before. So, I am not a new user. Ironically,  there is no log history in my cellphone and video was not recorded when it was flying away. I want to know why i lost control? when was it not hovering since i was not doing anything? Is there any other way, i can track where my drone landed?

I appreciate your response.

Thank you.  
2017-7-2
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

can you start the DJI app in your Phone or tablet.?
can you look in your flight log see the last entry.?
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about your accident. Since you mentioned that there was no log in your cell phone, did you connect DJI GO 4 app during this flight?
If you had connected, log in your app and sync the flight records as well, find out the record you of this accident. Then check the take off point, pull the progress bar to the end if its right, then you can see the location of the last signal of your drone. Try to find there. We can also figure out the reason of this accident via analyzing the flight record if your drone is under warranty, and please contact our support to get a case number. If it's malfunction, we will compensate your drone according to After-Sales Polic.
But if there is no flight record could be provided, there is very little we could do for you. Thank you for your understanding.
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules