Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update Notification for DJI GO 4
12Next >
14868 61 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

To ensure flight safety and compatiblity, please update DJI GO 4 to v4.1.0 or above if you have updated to the firmware released in June for Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced or Inspire 2.
2017-7-2
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

No mention of "original" Phantom 4? Is it dead in the water? No firmware upgrade, even for us who beta tested?
2017-7-3
Use props
fans2a1b5192
lvl.1
United States

How to update this for Crystal Sky please. Need a fix asap!!! I have a high end shoot today!!!!!
2017-7-3
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

To ensure flight safety, DJI should fix android app...
2017-7-3
Use props
fanse365948c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240135 ft
United States

I have updated and now have a GEO fence of 160 Ft with and Altitude of 100 Ft.  I have tried both enabled and disabled GEO and I have applied and received the Valid GEO unlock for my area but it is not working.    The Go4 App shows that the GEO Unlocking is synchronized with my Flight Controller.... what is the problem?
2017-7-3
Use props
jcody
New
Flight distance : 11765 ft
United Kingdom

fanse365948c Posted at 2017-7-3 10:09
I have updated and now have a GEO fence of 160 Ft with and Altitude of 100 Ft.  I have tried both enabled and disabled GEO and I have applied and received the Valid GEO unlock for my area but it is not working.    The Go4 App shows that the GEO Unlocking is synchronized with my Flight Controller.... what is the problem?

Hi
I had same problem. I updated the DJI go app on my phone and all is now working fine.

Hope this helps

Jim
2017-7-3
Use props
Recovry4x4
lvl.1
United States

brads82 Posted at 2017-7-3 05:42
And now it's not compatible with Samsung S7...or is it just me? I took my Spark and phone to the park this morning and couldn't fly because the DJI Go 4 app wouldn't move past the update message. Then the Play store said this app is not compatible with the S7. Yesterday it worked, today not...very frustrating

Same issue with my droid.  My old S3 seems to work but I had some weird disconnects yesterday even with the OTG cable patch. I@m wondering if the firmware update took that secure link away.
2017-7-3
Use props
MavicProUser
lvl.1

United States

brads82 Posted at 2017-7-3 05:42
And now it's not compatible with Samsung S7...or is it just me? I took my Spark and phone to the park this morning and couldn't fly because the DJI Go 4 app wouldn't move past the update message. Then the Play store said this app is not compatible with the S7. Yesterday it worked, today not...very frustrating

Maybe this will help with your issue.  I did not want to upgrade to the new version of DJI go app and the new firmware.  Your issue is that it is not compatible but would like to get past the forced update screen.  DJI is a Chinese company and like the Chinese they love forcing and blocking people from doing what they want to do.   All you have to do is download "Netguard" from the play store.  Make sure you are on at least android 4.0+.  This will allow you to block internet access to the DJI app.  It will no longer be able to reach out to DJI because it will be blocked.  Go clear all the cache for the DJI app and you will have to agree with TOS again.  However, this time the app will never be able to check for a new update and you can continue using your old app and old firmware.  Dont let DJI force their Tyranny on you.  July 4th MURICA!
2017-7-3
Use props
mdav8zero1
New
United States

Anyone else noticing a drop in video feed?  1st, it doesn't connect as easily to the video feed.  2nd, once connected it drops the video feed.  (Version 4.1.3 for the mavic)
2017-7-3
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mdav8zero1 Posted at 2017-7-3 13:50
Anyone else noticing a drop in video feed?  1st, it doesn't connect as easily to the video feed.  2nd, once connected it drops the video feed.  (Version 4.1.3 for the mavic)

Yes, I and others have the same complaint after doing the app and firmware update for the Inspire 2
2017-7-3
Use props
Recovry4x4
lvl.1
United States

MavicProUser Posted at 2017-7-3 13:30
Maybe this will help with your issue.  I did not want to upgrade to the new version of DJI go app and the new firmware.  Your issue is that it is not compatible but would like to get past the forced update screen.  DJI is a Chinese company and like the Chinese they love forcing and blocking people from doing what they want to do.   All you have to do is download "Netguard" from the play store.  Make sure you are on at least android 4.0+.  This will allow you to block internet access to the DJI app.  It will no longer be able to reach out to DJI because it will be blocked.  Go clear all the cache for the DJI app and you will have to agree with TOS again.  However, this time the app will never be able to check for a new update and you can continue using your old app and old firmware.  Dont let DJI force their Tyranny on you.  July 4th MURICA!

Great info but sadly, many of us have already done the update.
2017-7-3
Use props
hardyja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16010 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2a1b5192 Posted at 2017-7-3 07:35
How to update this for Crystal Sky please. Need a fix asap!!! I have a high end shoot today!!!!!

Did you ever find out how got update DJI go 4 on CS?
2017-7-3
Use props
maxime_
New
Thailand

DJI, this is my first post on here and really this update... What were you thinking? I was last Saturday on a amazing island in the middle of the sea, had to rush to an amazing beach before sunset, get there start the drone and I get a mandatory update notification of 100+MB!!! REALLY?! I was barely on EDGE connection so I missed the only chance I had to take those amazing shots... How could you not have a "update later" button or something. I am a developer and I would get fired for doing something like that... What is the reason behind it? I was really mad and disapointed I missed my only chance at an amazing shot because of a stupid software update. Well done DJI!
2017-7-3
Use props
THM922
lvl.1
United States

My P4P keeps saying the altitude limit has been reached but I have it set at 500m... any suggestions?
2017-7-3
Use props
avean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Norway

Ive not complained about DJI before but suddenly there is no support for the number 1 phone out there S7 Edge and nobody is mentioning that in the update? One of the most popular phones suddenly dont work and no mention of it? I cant believe this.
2017-7-3
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

avean Posted at 2017-7-3 22:00
Ive not complained about DJI before but suddenly there is no support for the number 1 phone out there S7 Edge and nobody is mentioning that in the update? One of the most popular phones suddenly dont work and no mention of it? I cant believe this.

maybe using a Samsung is not the best idea in the light of DJI licking the boots of Apple lately and the state of the android app (+its reviews on the Play Store) right now
2017-7-3
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

heightoffield Posted at 2017-7-3 22:38
maybe using a Samsung is not the best idea in the light of DJI licking the boots of Apple lately and the state of the android app (+its reviews on the Play Store) right now

Well, the DJI ClearSky is running Android, so I don't think DJI is neglecting Android. Personally I use an IPad Air 2 though.

I do think though that the Devs at DJI have a hard time now, due to all the issues that are now (P4 firmware, XT app, DJI Googles etc...) So I guess they are rushing things without testing properly.
2017-7-3
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-7-3 09:08
To ensure flight safety, DJI should fix android app...

Not sure it is their problem.  I discovered on my Samsung S7 that it works fine when I change in phone settings > display > RESOLUTION to 1920 x 1080 (vs the higher res) and Display > MODE to basic (vs fancier cinematic modes) I almost never have a disconnect.  Turning off wifi, blu tooth, and nfc a good idea also.  On the Samsung Galaxy tablet S2 it is flawless without changing anything.  All the usb stuff is appears to be misplaced.  Just make sure you disconnect the side small usb port, if using the bottom usb port.  The Samsung galaxy S doesn't work well with massive lag, video issues, etc.  Same with an older Tab A which can't get past trying to boot up.  Processing power may be the main issue with some phones not android OS.

I had all kinds of problems before I remembered seeing a note from Samsung about the resolution or mode requiring more power if you used the higher and fancier resolutions or modes requiring more power (more processing) and that some apps would be incompatible.  So I tried it, and it worked.  
Samsung S7, android 7.0, FW 01.03.09, GO4 app v 4.1.3 (updated on Jun 30,2017)
2017-7-4
Use props
Mari
Captain
Netherlands

Then your are one of the lucky ones...

Many of us do have problems, most of them started after update to 4.1.0. Read a lot of tips to fix it, tried them all... nothing worked... All worked fine with prior version of the app...
2017-7-4
Use props
ronin rs211
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-7-4 09:14

Many of us do have problems, most of them started after update to 4.1.0. Read a lot of tips to fix it, tried them all... nothing worked... All worked fine with prior version of the app...

Exactly and not one helpful tip from DJI to fix the issue.
2017-7-4
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69783 ft
Lithuania

I'm getting Updte Notification "to ensure... blah blah update to version 4.1.0" but i don't see how to do that? Neither Google play has an update nor the app suggest to update...
2017-7-4
Use props
fans72f3cebc
New

United States

Just did the new update now having disconnection problems while flying having a hard time connecting to my phone so I can fly $1,500 for a drone and have nothing but problems is not acceptable
2017-7-4
Use props
OwlPic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

Had two software bugs on latest Rev: 4.1.3.
Going to  QuickShot Intelligent Flight Mode on the SPARK ...
1) Got a bunch of Chinese with "ok" or "cancel". It froze the screen and could not see any difference between the two choices, but it threw me out of  Intelligent Flight Mode. This is of course while flying.

2) Got a video tutorial of the 4 modes: dronie, circle, helix and rocket. Froze the software until it played twice. Then it threw me out of  Intelligent Flight Mode. This is of course while flying.

Each of those happened several times. Have never been able to get into quick-shot mode with this revision.

In case it matters, have the controller hooked to the Android phone via mini-USB. "Host "is on the controller's side.
Android has both Wifi and blue-tooth turned off.

2017-7-4
Use props
Duane Mockus
New
United States

It's suck it only allows you 100 feet of altitude I have to remove it now
2017-7-5
Use props
fans51506723
New
Flight distance : 11673 ft
Italy

Due giorni con il P4p fermo a 50mt e Dji non si degna di risolvere il problema. Assurdo
2017-7-5
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-7-4 09:14

What are you using for a phone/tablet?  android v?  firmware v?  DJI GO4 v?
2017-7-5
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Day In Nature Posted at 2017-7-4 12:16
I'm getting Updte Notification "to ensure... blah blah update to version 4.1.0" but i don't see how to do that? Neither Google play has an update nor the app suggest to update...

I downloaded app v 4.1.3 on 30 June 2017 from playstore.  Click on playstore > menu button in top left > my apps & games > click on the body of DJI GO4 app (not the open button) > scroll down slightly to READ MORE and click that > scroll down to bottom and it lists the version.   Your phone may have already downloaded it, so check and see what version you are right now.
2017-7-5
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans72f3cebc Posted at 2017-7-4 12:21
Just did the new update now having disconnection problems while flying having a hard time connecting to my phone so I can fly $1,500 for a drone and have nothing but problems is not acceptable

Which phone/tablet?  Which v of android OS?  Which GO4 v?  Which firmware v?

On my Samsung S7 in settings > Display > RESOLUTION (reduce to 1920 x 1080) and Display > Mode (set to BASIC).  This eliminated disconnect issues, reduced lag, great video -- I also turn off wifi, blu tooth, and nfc.

Samsung S7, Android v 7.1, GO4 v 4.1.3, and FW 01.03.09
2017-7-5
Use props
Mari
Captain
Netherlands

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-7-5 10:50
What are you using for a phone/tablet?  android v?  firmware v?  DJI GO4 v?

S6, Android version 7, App version 4.1.3, Firmware 01.03.0800/0900

With iPad Mini 4 no problems... can't fly anymore, got barometer error and have to send MP in {:4_157:}
2017-7-5
Use props
fans269b4353
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27152 ft
Ireland

I need your help. I downloaded a firmware upgrade recently on the P4Pro and controller. My flights are restricted to 30m altitude, I am therefore unable to work with it. How do I activate my update? How do I resolve the issue with altitude and distance restrictions?
2017-7-5
Use props
fans269b4353
lvl.1
Ireland

Hey there, I need your help. I updated the firmware on my DJI phantom 4 pro and controller. I tried to fly a job today and my height was restricted to
2017-7-5
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

maxime_ Posted at 2017-7-3 17:45
DJI, this is my first post on here and really this update... What were you thinking? I was last Saturday on a amazing island in the middle of the sea, had to rush to an amazing beach before sunset, get there start the drone and I get a mandatory update notification of 100+MB!!! REALLY?! I was barely on EDGE connection so I missed the only chance I had to take those amazing shots... How could you not have a "update later" button or something. I am a developer and I would get fired for doing something like that... What is the reason behind it? I was really mad and disapointed I missed my only chance at an amazing shot because of a stupid software update. Well done DJI!

and this really is the issue - we are all being experimented on now, as Dji tries ways to flick a switch and all drones are grounded?! I really feel for you re: missing the shot, how dare some folk in Dji have a meeting and decide to force updates on their customers who have paid a lot of money for these flying cameras. There are also hundreds who use these for commercial work who would have lost business or lots of money given the preparation one needs to do to set shoots up.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans8e2fde5b
lvl.1
United States

Rhappe Mavic Pro

I've gone back to using Litchi. With their latest update, they don't require a login to fly. It will login when a connection is available but not Dji Go 4. Please make this happen Dji before your next update.

2017-7-5
Use props
WIJIM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23159 ft
United States

I recently updated the Go 4 app.  Now when I open the app on my Galaxy S4 and click on the "me" icon to get to the settings icon.  I click the settings icon, the page open for a second and then goes blank.  The same thing happens when I click on the "need help".  What is happening?  Thanks.
2017-7-5
Use props
P4P Jim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3130 ft
United States

mdav8zero1 Posted at 2017-7-3 13:50

Same for my phantom 4 pro sad
2017-7-6
Use props
northbaydrones
United States

P4P Jim Posted at 2017-7-6 10:37
Same for my phantom 4 pro sad

Now the update that was once  on DJI  assist 2  has disappeared all together, just has a return to factory setting option.. Got no idea what to do now...
2017-7-6
Use props
fans8a594c16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29826 ft
United States

I never do updates when they first come out on cellphone or computer and now with drone. I decided to try a flight today w/o update and all good, no height or range limits. In a couple weeks I imagine the bugs will be corrected, then I will update.
2017-7-6
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.3
United States

Absolutely mind boggling that the RAW images still arent working!
2017-7-6
Use props
fans269b4353
lvl.1
Ireland

My dji 4 pro has a 30m alt restriction after upgrading firmware, can you help me please?
2017-7-7
Use props
hdlou94
First Officer
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

can you please send me the link to upgrade with the SD card,,
2017-7-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now