Canada Day Fireworks
2052 11 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

Took the old P3 flying during the annual family fireworks.  Drone was hit and spun around a few times but otherwise came through unscathed

2017-7-3
Use props
Photo Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456201 ft
Canada

AMAZING...
2017-7-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Awesome, you captured the essence. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-3
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks.  After checking the drone in the morning, there were only two small permanent burn marks.  The residue just wiped off... though now I have a drone with explosive residue on it.  

Can you believe someone called the cops on us over this?  We started the fireworks at 11:30pm in a big open area far away from other cottages.   The cops were cool though, considering we had open alcohol and were flying a drone at night.  They hung out watched the fireworks asked a few questions about the drone and that was it.  They waited until we had lit the last one to tell us that the local ordinance states that you cannot light off fireworks after 11pm.... as people were lighting off fireworks all around us.  
2017-7-4
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-7-4 04:58
Thanks.  After checking the drone in the morning, there were only two small permanent burn marks.  The residue just wiped off... though now I have a drone with explosive residue on it.  

Can you believe someone called the cops on us over this?  We started the fireworks at 11:30pm in a big open area far away from other cottages.   The cops were cool though, considering we had open alcohol and were flying a drone at night.  They hung out watched the fireworks asked a few questions about the drone and that was it.  They waited until we had lit the last one to tell us that the local ordinance states that you cannot light off fireworks after 11pm.... as people were lighting off fireworks all around us.

This was fireworks put on by your family?  So its  save to assume if your drone crashed they could just buy you a new one/dozen drone(s)?
2017-7-4
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Canada

Na I was willing to crash it for the video.  That was 17 KBX fireworks, mainly the Wow!, Crazy and Insane with a couple Awesome at the end.  
2017-7-4
Use props
Via Meteor
lvl.1
United States

Interesting idea.  I don't if I am at the "willing to crash it for the video" stage of the game yet.  $$
2017-7-4
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I love the part about the cops just hanging out until you were done, enjoying the show, just having a good time. Reminds me of "The good ole days"!
2017-7-4
Use props
fanse2ae0d29
New
United States

Excellent videos.  I took my new Phantom 3 STD up last night for USA July 4th celebrations to see what I could capture from nearby town festivities.  Nothing as close as your drone but got a few good glimpses.
2017-7-5
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

To think, so many drone users worried about flying over water lol. Took a moment to figure out the perspective. Was this max alt? Being in the middle of it was like the time i microwaved a dinner plate and forgot to remove the aluminum foil. Great capture!
2017-9-29
Use props
wglovett
lvl.3
Canada

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-7-4 04:58

always like a cool cops story
2017-9-29
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Canada

height was about 40 meters with the camera pointing directly down.   I did that so I didn't have any light contamination from the horizon or nearby cottages.  
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules