1601 6 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a 2nd Inspire 2 for jobs coming up this week.  My first Inspire 2 was repaired for ESC errors, worked for 2 -3 weeks, but now the error has returned.
So I bought a 2nd Inspire 2 while the other on goes back.  

I was testing new drone before my jobs.  When it crashed.  I was flying at about 4 ft high, when, what I believe, the motor locked up from bad part or bearing.

Unique Photo in Fairfield, NJ admitted it was defective but would not accept a return.  Even though there Return Policy states differently for defects.
Now I have 2 broken Inspire 2's.

Crash video from Drone:

Noise from failed motor, noise was there before crash, not as pronounced.   Glad I recorded noise, because it comes and goes:

Healthy Drones:
https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... _id=GENERALOverview

Maybe a DJI moderator can direct me what to do.  Unique Photo said they would exchange it if I had a Return RMA.

Anyway Happy 4th of July! (Everybody Else)

Screen Capture from DJI Go App

Screen Capture from DJI Go App
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dkotinsky, We feel so sorry for the mishap and unpleasant experience with our product, have you sent in these two drones to repair center? If not, please contact our support to raise a ticket via the link below: http://www.dji.com/support
We will try our best to help you get it addressed, we apologize for all the inconvenience that has been caused and will transfer your concern to the management department to make your experience with us better.
2017-7-3
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 18:20
Dkotinsky, We feel so sorry for the mishap and unpleasant experience with our product, have you sent in these two drones to repair center? If not, please contact our support to raise a ticket via the link below: http://www.dji.com/support
We will try our best to help you get it addressed, we apologize for all the inconvenience that has been caused and will transfer your concern to the management department to make your experience with us better.

Thanks for reply, I will send after the holiday.  

The 1st repair was handled very well.  The drone was repaired quickly and returned 2nd day air to NYC area.  But it is unfortunate the same error is occuring again.  ESC Motor 3
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dkotinsky Posted at 2017-7-3 19:37
Thanks for reply, I will send after the holiday.  

The 1st repair was handled very well.  The drone was repaired quickly and returned 2nd day air to NYC area.  But it is unfortunate the same error is occuring again.  ESC Motor 3

I can't express how sorry I am, please leave me with the previous case number and the new case number after creating. I will inform local repair center to take good care of them.
2017-7-3
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Yikes! How beat up was it? Luckily it wasn't 30 seconds earlier.
2017-7-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Dk

Sorry for your mishap and hope you get a speedy repair. That is really weird to have a motor fail like that, but I guess anything is possible. DJI uses high quality materials (however they are man made) even with good stuff, bad things happen

All the best
Rich
2017-7-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Oh dear, very unfortunate but also very rare. This seems to be a case of lightning striking twice,..
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules