Spark falling out of sky
49158 576 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DamoR
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Found another one.. Not bought a spark yet myself but this is really putting me off!
Skip to 3:45
youtube.com/watch?v=2r9s1L15Wo4[/url]
2017-8-17
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

DamoR Posted at 2017-8-17 15:20
Found another one.. Not bought a spark yet myself but this is really putting me off!
Skip to 3:45
youtube.com/watch?v=2r9s1L15Wo4[/url]

For your interest, this case was old. The guy had dropped it before by trying to fly through a small window (Then caused a break in the battery latch). Then in that video you posted, the airplane fell because of the loose battery.
It is 100% pilot error, therefore, please ignore that case.
2017-8-17
Use props
DamoR
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-17 18:04
For your interest, this case was old. The guy had dropped it before by trying to fly through a small window (Then caused a break in the battery latch). Then in that video you posted, the airplane fell because of the loose battery.
It is 100% pilot error, therefore, please ignore that case.

Thanks, ive seen that now from the other video's
2017-8-18
Use props
DamoR
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ive ordered mine today as well.. got 10% in maplin.. £629 for fly more package
2017-8-18
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

DamoR Posted at 2017-8-18 06:21
Ive ordered mine today as well.. got 10% in maplin.. £629 for fly more package

Enjoy your new toy
2017-8-18
Use props
DamoR
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks! gonna be like a kid at christmas when it arrives!
2017-8-18
Use props
SasaGazikalovic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151175 ft
Switzerland

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-17 10:14
i have mavic pro and phantom 3 advance. after my spark incident. i dare not to play like those days. very scary. i hope DJI will solve this problems soon. as soon many issue with drones and the government going to ban drones all in one day.

I have to admit that I have learned a few very important lessons after my spark crashed. when I bought it (its my very first drone) I was totally excited and because of the first three flights which were absolutely cool without having made risky manouvers I had total trust in the device and technology, so I flew over concrete on the terasse of our house there wero no harm for any people as I was all alone and I didn't flew over the border of the building and I was very lucky that the Spark fell just on the terasse and broke without harming anyone else. Now after having bought the Mavic Pro, the first thing was to a arrange a fly session with a good friend who flies drone for a while and possess a Mavic too. He made me aware of starting to fly over grass fields in the beginning in a low alitutude as he says there is no guarantee for no drone no matter which technology and price category.
For me the Mavic seems though to be rather better established since it is longer on the market and I enjoyed a lot the first three batteries flying .. Hopefully DJI will soon react on my Spark and replace my broken device because I still like the concept of the Spark as being small and more portable for short usage.
What I really don't understand is why I in Switzerland who often pay even more than anywhere else for the same stuff am not able to purchase DJI care for eiher Spark or Mavic
2017-8-18
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

SasaGazikalovic Posted at 2017-8-18 08:08
I have to admit that I have learned a few very important lessons after my spark crashed. when I bought it (its my very first drone) I was totally excited and because of the first three flights which were absolutely cool without having made risky manouvers I had total trust in the device and technology, so I flew over concrete on the terasse of our house there wero no harm for any people as I was all alone and I didn't flew over the border of the building and I was very lucky that the Spark fell just on the terasse and broke without harming anyone else. Now after having bought the Mavic Pro, the first thing was to a arrange a fly session with a good friend who flies drone for a while and possess a Mavic too. He made me aware of starting to fly over grass fields in the beginning in a low alitutude as he says there is no guarantee for no drone no matter which technology and price category.
For me the Mavic seems though to be rather better established since it is longer on the market and I enjoyed a lot the first three batteries flying .. Hopefully DJI will soon react on my Spark and replace my broken device because I still like the concept of the Spark as being small and more portable for short usage.
What I really don't understand is why I in Switzerland who often pay even more than anywhere else for the same stuff am not able to purchase DJI care for eiher Spark or Mavic

Yes.. Even Boeing and jets crashing and killing many people and our drones are unman drone and it can fail anytime.  The reason why Switzerland is more expensive is ask your goverment to reduce the import tax and goods. ha ha ha.. Its your government that imposed many tax rules. Its normal. In my country the alcohol and cigarettes are most expensive as the government  impose more tax on it.
I completey lost trust on drones. It may happen again. so, i m more careful even with my mavic pro. Thanks
2017-8-18
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

fans828d3d45 Posted at 2017-7-3 16:23
Update: I have checked flight logs and battery was on 54% so I am still not sure what caused this

was you flying during cold weather?
2017-8-18
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

SasaGazikalovic Posted at 2017-8-18 08:08

I am not saying all the crashes are pilots' errors. I agree that there are some bad units out there. The proof is that with some customers, DJI already fixed and returned. They changed the Spark part with the new sn number, however, did not touch the battery. That tells me it is not the issue of firmware (because I believe DJI would not send back if there is a chance it drops again), and not battery matter (Because DJI did not touch the battery, only replaced drone part).
However, also considering the targeted consumer is everyone, some who do not even know what is a firmware --> there are a lot of space for mistakes. And those number adding to the aircraft's faulty makes Spark sounds like a failed product.
One clear example is my mother and my wife, I don't know how but they crash the computer very easily because they don not understand much about technology.

Another example was that there was a guy in the forum trying to test Sport mode at low altitude, ~0.5m, and trying to test the pause button. I understand you need to test those function to make sure it works, and I am not saying it is his error (It could be the product matter as well). However, personally, I think the way he test was a bit overkilled: he kept flying in sport mode and pause many times, I can see the clip, it worked. However, he did not stop after a few tries, but kept doing until it crashed and claimed that it is DJI's product  error. Again, I am not criticizing him, but take another similar example: would people test their car for ABS system many many times until the car crashes to make sure it work, probably not.
With Mavic Pro and Phantom 4, there are faulty products and random fallings as well. You can see that in those forums. But those pilots are more cautious because their drones are more expensive and people pay more attention because they think it is professional products.
The mistake of DJI is that they advertised Spark as a "idiot-proof" product...and not educate their customer well.
Anyway, people will learnt, sometimes in a hard way, therefore, I think when people got more knowledge in Spark, the reported cases will reduce.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

SasaGazikalovic Posted at 2017-8-16 23:03
Hi Diana,
Yesterday I activated my Mavic Pro and due experience with the crash of Spark I decided from the beginning that I will purchase a DJI refresh. Unfortunately DJI does not offer the possibility to buy a DJI refrersh in Switzerland , I am pretty disappointed .. what is the reason that I can buy a DJI mavic Pro for 1300 Euro but can't buy a DJi refresh package here in Switerland?

Sorry, at the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Mainland China. You can purchase the DJI Care Refresh for other regions, but you can only apply for DJI Care refresh service in the correspondent official repair center. For example, if you purchase the DJI Care refresh for the Netherland, then you can only apply for the service in NL official repair center. For the details, please visit:  http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-17 09:55
Dear Natalia, This is my case number. CAS-826707-Y5N3C4.  From santiago, Chile. DJI asking to send the drone for repair. I think DJI better inform the Dronestore.cl in Chile to replace me. Its still under warranty and it was in the cold fountain for 3 days. I am sure the drone cant be repairable. I have mavic pro and phantom 3 advance. I trust DJI but I hope you will really help me. I hope DJI will tell dronestore to replace me the drone instead of sending the damaged drone and i will take months from now. Thanks you very much.

I have informed the support team about this situation, will check what we can do to make things better, appreciate your patience!
2017-8-19
Use props
djiuser_CWRqJMq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3743 ft
United States

Was my first flight out of the box and I have the remote. It said “disconnected” and then it never returned signal nor did it return to home. I fly it only a couple blocks away but been looking at the logs and went to the area it says it was last and couldn’t find it. I was searching like 10 separate times already and nothing. I didn’t do anything wrong and just wanted to fly a couple blocks and back. This has made me so depressed and I don’t know what to do now. I have the refresh program but I don’t know what good that will help me.   I have all my logs here for it. http://app.airdata.com/main?share=TXCSBb   Please help!!!! I’m don’t have that much money and this sucks so bad.
2017-8-19
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-19 18:35
I have informed the support team about this situation, will check what we can do to make things better, appreciate your patience!

Dear Natalia, I know i can rely on you. Its been nearly 3 weeks i think.. no news.. Thanks a lot. Hope DJI will soon contact the dronestore in Chile to let them replace me the damaged drone. No need to send to China. The shipping fee is not cheap as well. But, Thank you very much for helping me.
2017-8-20
Use props
SethLBC
New
Flight distance : 20112 ft
Czechia

So my Spark fell from too sky today. Luckily, it was on soft grass so no damage was done, except propellers falling off. I am using latest app and firmwares on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4(Android 7) connected via RC remote and wifi. You can see log here phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1JKCXCSYWUD2W2COHR1G/ It obviously is not user error since it ends in 150feets. App did not crashed. At the time of accident I "parked" the drone and checked settings in app for interference when I heard strange sound and when I looked at the Spark I saw it hitting the ground. At the crash site 3 props flown away and if I recall correctly drone had green lights on. I quickly disconnected battery in case it got damaged(just a habit from racing a miniquads). Sadly I have no video from the accident.

I trusted DJI to make something reliable since friends have Phantoms and Mavics. I normally fly miniquads and airplanes so this is my first thing, that can fly itself...at least I thought that. When I consider price in EU and really bad range which starts to lag at 100-150m(definitely not advertised 500m or 2000m in videos) plus possibility of spark crashing unexpectedly(if it crashes on concrete next time, it will be smashed to bits). I am really starting to doubt my purchase and considering returning it....
2017-8-20
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-19 18:35

Dear Natalia, This morning.. Dronestore.cl told me they received the DJI support email. Wooooow. Thanks alot after weeks of silent. they did emails. But they asked us to be more patient. hummmmm.. But, I really appreciate you kindness to help me. So, Stress as DJI still lingering. Thanks so much to you.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-21 09:45
Dear Natalia, This morning.. Dronestore.cl told me they received the DJI support email. Wooooow. Thanks alot after weeks of silent. they did emails. But they asked us to be more patient. hummmmm.. But, I really appreciate you kindness to help me. So, Stress as DJI still lingering. Thanks so much to you.

Glad to know you received the e-mail, your case is under process recently, we'll try our best to help you address it shortly, appreciate your patience and support!
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SethLBC Posted at 2017-8-20 11:02
So my Spark fell from too sky today. Luckily, it was on soft grass so no damage was done, except propellers falling off. I am using latest app and firmwares on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4(Android 7) connected via RC remote and wifi. You can see log here phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1JKCXCSYWUD2W2COHR1G/ It obviously is not user error since it ends in 150feets. App did not crashed. At the time of accident I "parked" the drone and checked settings in app for interference when I heard strange sound and when I looked at the Spark I saw it hitting the ground. At the crash site 3 props flown away and if I recall correctly drone had green lights on. I quickly disconnected battery in case it got damaged(just a habit from racing a miniquads). Sadly I have no video from the accident.

I trusted DJI to make something reliable since friends have Phantoms and Mavics. I normally fly miniquads and airplanes so this is my first thing, that can fly itself...at least I thought that. When I consider price in EU and really bad range which starts to lag at 100-150m(definitely not advertised 500m or 2000m in videos) plus possibility of spark crashing unexpectedly(if it crashes on concrete next time, it will be smashed to bits). I am really starting to doubt my purchase and considering returning it....

Sorry to hear about the accident.
May I know you have contacted the support to report it or not? If no, please export the data firstly, upload it to Dropbox, then send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the link.
There are 3 files in total, please refer to the tutorial below:
2017-8-21
Use props
DMY
lvl.2
Philippines

I'll be closely monitoring this forum to see if the Spark falling out of the sky problem persists after the latest firmware update. Hopefully, the "better battery management" improvement addresses this issue.
2017-8-22
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-21 22:29
Glad to know you received the e-mail, your case is under process recently, we'll try our best to help you address it shortly, appreciate your patience and support!

Thank you very much. You really made me so happy now. Thanks.
2017-8-22
Use props
djiuser_7USirNQ
New

United States

Phantom 4 pro fell out of sky
2017-8-23
Use props
Onomarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4728 ft
United States

DJI is still refusing to replace my water loss drone. It crashed into the Monterey bay peninsula in mid July. I'm so fed up at this point. How are others getting along with their 100% replaced drones that fell in water (those that completely lost theirs, not the ones that found theirs and sent it in for repair)? Even though they are releasing statements, they still haven't said anything about replacing those lost drones. Its crunch times for me as I have less than one week left to accept the stupid coupon and throw them more money. Do I stick by my principles and write or should I just accept it for what it is at this point.
2017-8-24
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Onomarn Posted at 2017-8-24 09:48
DJI is still refusing to replace my water loss drone. It crashed into the Monterey bay peninsula in mid July. I'm so fed up at this point. How are others getting along with their 100% replaced drones that fell in water (those that completely lost theirs, not the ones that found theirs and sent it in for repair)? Even though they are releasing statements, they still haven't said anything about replacing those lost drones. Its crunch times for me as I have less than one week left to accept the stupid coupon and throw them more money. Do I stick by my principles and write or should I just accept it for what it is at this point.

I don't know how to answer that for you, or for me.  Were I to have lost my drone in the lake, and if I was confident that I had not contributed to the incident, I would really want DJI to replace my spark.  Especially given the "update or be grounded" firmware release (which indicates to me that they did find a very serious issue).  But we have minimal leverage.

I would probably eventually cave and use the coupon because I have invested in a lot of accessories, and I've come to love flying my spark.
2017-8-24
Use props
fans6d0d729f
New
United States

Just to get this on the record, I received one of the very first pre-order Sparks from Amazon -- delivered June 19, 2017.   It sat in the box until August 11th at which we updated the firmware successfully with the latest firmware available as of that date.  We flew several uneventful indoor flights that night, and several more outside the next door--again uneventful.   On day three on the second battery of the day we were flying at about 50-100 ft when the motors unceremoniously STOPPED abruptly.   Luck the Spark fell in high grass and the only apparent damage was one broken prop.   Yesterday I ran Assistant and upgraded the new firmware twice (for both batteries).   I have flow four indoor flights (two per battery) at 3 feet altitude above soft carpeting.  All flights uneventful.

I have downloaded the flight logs for the "falling from the sky" and will submit them to DJI Support.  I'd like to hear from Support what they find on the logs.

JRC
2017-8-25
Use props
GSA_Spark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26312 ft
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-24 10:33
I don't know how to answer that for you, or for me.  Were I to have lost my drone in the lake, and if I was confident that I had not contributed to the incident, I would really want DJI to replace my spark.  Especially given the "update or be grounded" firmware release (which indicates to me that they did find a very serious issue).  But we have minimal leverage.

I would probably eventually cave and use the coupon because I have invested in a lot of accessories, and I've come to love flying my spark.

I lost my spark in Alaska over water. No chance of retrieval. Power stopped and it dropped into the ocean. Filed a case, DJI investigated logs, video etc.  Just got confirmation they will replace under warranty.  100% coupon in their words.  So for me they did the right thing.

Perhaps they are now better recognizing the indicators of this specific type of failure, and internally acknowledge it as a 'known issue'. The mandatory update suggests that, and also gives me hope it won't happen again.  Time will tell.
2017-8-25
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

GSA_Spark Posted at 2017-8-25 13:30
I lost my spark in Alaska over water. No chance of retrieval. Power stopped and it dropped into the ocean. Filed a case, DJI investigated logs, video etc.  Just got confirmation they will replace under warranty.  100% coupon in their words.  So for me they did the right thing.

Perhaps they are now better recognizing the indicators of this specific type of failure, and internally acknowledge it as a 'known issue'. The mandatory update suggests that, and also gives me hope it won't happen again.  Time will tell.

The difference may have been the video you provided.  I wish that DJI would offer more details, but after the latest update it may not be necessary anymore.  Maybe no more drops.
2017-8-25
Use props
Cervelofan
lvl.1
United States

Just received my repaired Spark. I'd just fly over very soft surfaces (and NO H2O) for the first two months.
2017-8-25
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-21 22:29

Dear Natalia, You are my angel. After your interferent with DJI care. Today we received email that DJI will replace a new drone and in two weeks so so. we will get it. No need for us to send the drone since its completely damaged by 3 days cold water. I am  so grateful to you since i cant effort to pay the SHIPPING cost for the damaged drone. without your kindness i am sure DJI will still request for the dead drone. Thank you very much and may  all the angels in this world bless you. wooooow!! you are amazing.
2017-8-28
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

orbrit Posted at 2017-7-11 19:58
Same thing happened to me today. Was descending and rotating in tripod mode, then it went quiet, and dropped like a rock, luckily onto long grass from about 80 feet altitude. Battery was above 35%. One prop popped off but popped back on. Started fine and was flying normal (low altitude) until I landed it.

One lady post commented on my spark youtube that even after she upgraded to latest firmware. her spark still fell like a dead body. This shows...the latest firmware still does not solve any problems. or its sprak DJI to recall all spark .
2017-9-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Andrew Perry Posted at 2017-7-13 02:21
I had the same thing happen to me today on my second flight - falling 6-8m onto a tin roof.  It landed with a thud and was upside down with red lights on all four corners. Now I am getting messages that the Gyro and Accelerometer are disconnected and I can't use it!  The macOS Assistant 2 app won't let me upload the data file because it says my mobile number is "Invalid data", I have PM'd a link to it to @DJI Natalia.

One lady post commented on my spark youtube that even after she upgraded to latest firmware. her spark still fell like a dead body. This shows...the latest firmware still does not solve any problems. or its sprak DJI to recall all spark .
2017-9-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

hfog Posted at 2017-7-7 14:00
Thanks Natalia,
My case # is CAS-769770-R9W3Y6 .
I sent an email with all of the required information the day before yesterday but I haven't heard anything more since then beyond an automated acknowledgment email. If you really want to help, you could ask them to provide me with a status update.

2017-9-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-6 00:54
We are sorry to hear about your experience.
Would you please sync the flight records via APP and provide me your DJI account (e-mail address) so we can try to check the data for you?

Hi Natalia, Just for your information. One lady posted her comment in my youtube about spark that even after she upgraded to latest firmware her spark fell from sky.  This may be the first case after the latest firmware that dji release many thinking it will solve many problems. I hope you will keep on eye. Its a sad thing and i am afraid to use my spark till many weeks to come. Thanks.
2017-9-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

tjalex Posted at 2017-9-1 05:36

Are you serious, one lady tells you on your tube account , her AC fell out of the sky and dji should recall all sparks, do you by any chance have her flight record, have we not seen many claim AC fell out of the sky only logs to show a very different cause, they say one swallow doesn't make a summer, so trying to create hysteria without any proof is just nonsense.
2017-9-1
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-1 09:10
Are you serious, one lady tells you on your tube account , her AC fell out of the sky and dji should recall all sparks, do you by any chance have her flight record, have we not seen many claim AC fell out of the sky only logs to show a very different cause, they say one swallow doesn't make a summer, so trying to create hysteria without any proof is just nonsense.

Since there are already more than 30 cases spark falling from sky and many other cases spark flyaway cases. and finally dji released a new firmware to tackle that problems. if still the same problems as the lady mentioned that her spark fell after the mandatory upgrade. Then what you suggest. Even the car company doing that. I support that too since there are many poor people without money buying spark for their happiness and the first and last thing to see is their spark falling on someone head. i think if spark still has many same issue then shy not dji recall. if dji failed in all new firmware released. that is what i mean.
2017-9-3
Use props
fans20a27279
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18802 ft
Indonesia

I also experienced the same thing, not long after takeoff at an altitude of about 40 m suddenly spark fell like a stone.
2017-9-6
Use props
PedramN
lvl.4
Iran

fans20a27279 Posted at 2017-9-6 19:58
I also experienced the same thing, not long after takeoff at an altitude of about 40 m suddenly spark fell like a stone.

After manatory 00600 firmware update?
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

fans20a27279 Posted at 2017-9-6 19:58

Feel sad about you experience the same  thing.  Please contact our support for help and give me the case number. I will help you track your case.  Flight data and record is needed, please upload those data to dropbox and provide it to us. Thanks for your support. Hope it will be solved soon.
2017-9-6
Use props
SasaGazikalovic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151175 ft
Switzerland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-19 01:01
Sorry, at the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Mainland China. You can purchase the DJI Care Refresh for other regions, but you can only apply for DJI Care refresh service in the correspondent official repair center. For example, if you purchase the DJI Care refresh for the Netherland, then you can only apply for the service in NL official repair center. For the details, please visit:  http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4

Good News, DJI has replaced my broken Spark with a new device!
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

SasaGazikalovic Posted at 2017-9-23 23:34
Good News, DJI has replaced my broken Spark with a new device!

Glad to hear that, did you get it back to fly? Hope you can enjoy it, safe flying!
2017-9-25
Use props
mintyfresh
New
Flight distance : 102136 ft
Myanmar

Upgraded to latest firmware. My drone also fell from midair from about 52m onto a tin roof. Battery and drone found separately. Battery on when collected. Case no. 873746. First night of flying. Thankfully recovered next day and surprisingly working. Very disappointed.
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules