iPad overheating
1199 5 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd634c1ca
New

United States

Hello.  I am new to the DJI world and was wondering what you guys do to keep your tablets from overheating.  My iPad heats up pretty quickly.  Do you guys have any tricks?
2017-7-3
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I haven't noticed this problem, although admittedly mine stays in its case; which iPad are you using, and where does it get hot?
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, iPad or mobile device will get hot when it runs the DJI GO app when the CPU of your mobile device runs at a high speed.
We recommend that you avoid the direct sunlight, do not set the highest stream of transmission if possible, use a controller monitor hood or stand in the shade.
2017-7-4
Use props
fansd634c1ca
New

United States

Thank you.  Should have thought of the common sense answers.
2017-7-4
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the problem all the time with my iPhone 7+.  I mount it to the bars of my motorcycle via a Ram Mount in in hot, direct sunlight its useless.  Which sucks when I using it for Google Maps.
2017-7-4
Use props
structure7
New

United States

Ambient temperature seems to be the greatest issue for my iPad mini. Direct sunlight + Waze + case/mount + A/C running + charging = no issues. However full shade in 110F w/ no case causes issues... who knew?! . I've been lowering the temps with the freezer gel packs (made for injuries/lunch boxes). I'll have to try lowering the video Tx rate and seeing how that goes.
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules