Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Advanced Gesture Control?
3688 14 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QHovey
lvl.1
United States

I found an option buried in the settings called "Enable Advanced Gesture Controls". It looks like just standard gesture controls. Is there a difference? Anyone know why this setting is here and what it's for?

Screenshot_20170703-181859.png
Screenshot_20170703-181907.png
2017-7-3
Use props
ali86
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

It's the same one....you have to enable it to use the gesture control
2017-7-3
Use props
QHovey
lvl.1
United States

ali86 Posted at 2017-7-3 18:13
It's the same one....you have to enable it to use the gesture control

So the first thing I ever did with my Spark was try out the palm launch and gesture controls (like everyone else I'm sure) Didn't find this setting until a week later. Maybe it allows gesture controls after taking off normally and not palm launch. IDK, seems to do nothing, don't care anymore, thanks!
2017-7-5
Use props
ali86
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

QHovey Posted at 2017-7-5 12:45
So the first thing I ever did with my Spark was try out the palm launch and gesture controls (like everyone else I'm sure) Didn't find this setting until a week later. Maybe it allows gesture controls after taking off normally and not palm launch. IDK, seems to do nothing, don't care anymore, thanks!

Yes bro, that's correct....you have to enable it every time you fly with RC/phone if you want to use the gesture control
2017-7-5
Use props
fansf8e670e1
New
Kuwait

I am trying to anable gesture control .. But it's not working with me indoor .. It's my first time to use a drone
2017-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nI6IIGw
New
Czechia

I have the same problem but the same at outdoor. Can't activate Advanced Gesture Control.
2017-12-2
Use props
Cinnies_Dad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141266 ft
United States

? Used gestures twice, first time no problems and second time spark palm launched then would not recognize me or gesture signals??
2017-12-2
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like you're not double pressing battery button to take off from palm.
2017-12-2
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Also no settings matter in the app. You don't need a phone or controller for gesture. If you get it to work indoors and wave it , it'll go back and up straight into the wall/celing.
Strangely enough it's All in the manual.
2017-12-2
Use props
DocQuicksand
First Officer
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been having the same issues, hand gestures don't seem to work no matter what I do. I wouldn't dare trying to hand launch it!
2017-12-2
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

You have to hand launch it to use gestures.
2017-12-2
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

well never had problems with gesture control palm launch and all of that

from my experience you can acutally do both palm launch and you can also activate it from the intellegent flight modes menu while in flight...
2017-12-2
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

OK , I found with rc linked and gesture enabled  in app, I still couldn't use gesture without double press on batt . Might try it again.
Gesture really useful, except if it loses you - it only follows you for about 15 metres -then no gestures I can find reconnect you,- so it's rc/phone to the rescue ,which is a a bit pointless.
2017-12-2
Use props
lomo2017
Second Officer

United States

fansf8e670e1 Posted at 2017-8-4 02:57
I am trying to anable gesture control .. But it's not working with me indoor .. It's my first time to use a drone

I wouldn't recommend using gesture control indoors. The spark only has front and bottom sensors. When flying backwards or side way it may hit ceiling or wall.
2017-12-2
Use props
fans257abd60
New
United States

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-2 07:36
Been having the same issues, hand gestures don't seem to work no matter what I do. I wouldn't dare trying to hand launch it!

That's because of the latest firmware update. I have the same Glitch!  no problems until lately. I have done hundreds of these so I know what I am doing.
2017-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules