795 3 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparrow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238990 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

For a timelapse over multiple days/weeks/even months I want to use waypoint mode as then the mavic will fly the same pattern every time again. But to be able to make a nice timelapse not only the flight pattern and pointing direction should be same but the gimball setting as well. Setting the gimball by hand every flight is about impossible as for a timelapse the angle should be exact the same. A couple of degree difference and it won't work that neatly. Plus that flying the waypoints it would be nice to change the gimball at each point makes the transition from one waypoint to the other not only smooth in flight pattern but as well in gimball movement. Is this possible or could it be made possible in future releases?

2017-7-3
Use props
mcg Photo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4091 ft
United States

litchi can do that.
2017-7-4
Use props
Sparrow
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thank you mcg Photo. Just looked into waypoint mission configuration of Litchi. Just can say WOW. This is worth the money!
2017-7-7
Use props
Sparrow
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

@mcg Photo or anyone else. I looked into the Litchi app, which I think is still a nice app, but can't find a feature which makes life even better. In all tutorials I found so far the waypoints are made on the map. Gimball preset is set with try and error. Is it possible to combine the waypoint function of DJI and the one of Litchi? What I mean, is it possible to fly your route and record each waypoints position (GPS, heading and height) and gimball preset? This way you see what you get, log the waypoint, fly to the next, bias all parameters, log the point, fly to the next and so on. After logging the drone will fly the exact route as you had imagined. With Litchi you plan your route on the map, fly the route, adjust where was needed, fly again, see the result, adjust, fly again, and so on. This takes more time at the end then to fly your mission twice.

Plus that if you are looking at an area which has changed, the map is worthless to plan your route in.
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules