[ POLL ]Who sold his Mavic for buy a Spark?
5570 43 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

Probably because of DNG functionality, longer and more consistent flights and probably taking my droning to the next level.
2017-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

larrymull Posted at 2017-9-13 16:54
Probably because of DNG functionality, longer and more consistent flights and probably taking my droning to the next level.

Well they are good reasons, go for it. You won't be disappointed.
2017-9-14
Use props
Burak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49731 ft
France

I wouldn't call Mavic over Spark an "upgrade".
As an owner of both (now the Mavic is sold), I can easily say that the "PRO" after Mavic has a meaning.
The Mavic Pro is a flying camera unit. And a quality one.
Spark on the other hand is an extremely capable and tech-filled RC toy. "Toy" is definitely an understatement but it is.
I sold my Mavic and bought the Spark band am very happy because I like playing with it and taking videos and photos of me & family & friends with it.
I share the results over Whatsapp or iMessage directly from my phone and thats it.

With Mavic, so many settings, so much attention, so capable that forces you to go where no drone has gone before(!). Although I had no intention of video editing and my TV is only 1080p, I found myself checking on Final Cut Pro pricing and a new 4K tv set.
Once I understood that Mavic is really for professionals, I sold it and bought the Spark.
Don't be fooled by the size, it still is a professional device, not a toy.
When I bought it (and spark was also available) I though If Phantom/Inspire is a full powered DSLR,  Mavic is a compact camera.

But it was not. It was maybe the best mirrorless camera. The compact camera was the Spark. Now owning it, I get it.

These were my reasons.
2017-9-14
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

Burak Posted at 2017-9-14 02:32
I wouldn't call Mavic over Spark an "upgrade".
As an owner of both (now the Mavic is sold), I can easily say that the "PRO" after Mavic has a meaning.
The Mavic Pro is a flying camera unit. And a quality one.

Great summary thank you Burak
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules