123Next >
12556 88 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

*You can select/vote for more than 1. *Litchi support votes= 3rd party drone apps, (Hangar Autopilot, PolarPro filters app, etc)

Add on in the comments please. I will try to update poll with new options (limit 20).

#6 Ground station pro development confirmed; https://forum.dji.com/thread-94209-1-2.html gspro.PNG

Also CrystalSky comparison tab at the bottom: https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... 1m1bH9IM/edit#gid=0

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 8 entry optional ), Total 148 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-7-4
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Upload/share to google photos. On my phone DJI GO 4 app I have a list of 9 options then 3 dots lets me pick ANY APP which includes google app "upload to photos" Which works on video to!
Crystalsky does not have this option.
2017-7-5
Use props
Craignos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5574954 ft
  • >>>
Canada

and... include the attachment bracket for the DJI remote in the box!
2017-7-6
Use props
DronzEyeView
lvl.1
Flight distance : 352260 ft
United States

Maybe a cable that works so I don't get brightly colored pixels in stead of the beautiful video I am used to.
2017-7-7
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Craignos Posted at 2017-7-6 10:02
and... include the attachment bracket for the DJI remote in the box!

Agreed. All 3 remotes would get expensive tho. phantom, mavic, osmo.
2017-7-11
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DronzEyeView Posted at 2017-7-7 11:14
Maybe a cable that works so I don't get brightly colored pixels in stead of the beautiful video I am used to.

What cable are you using, the 1 built into the phantom bracket?
2017-7-11
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

transfer file or instructions how to.  It would be nice to copy media to USB sticks.
2017-7-12
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

eggbeater Posted at 2017-7-12 22:03
transfer file or instructions how to.  It would be nice to copy media to USB sticks.

Over in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-103847-1-1.html

DJI Mindy said new features about sd cards in the future.

Do you think that would include USB sticks?!
2017-7-12
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

I transfer files from SD cardt to USB storage "all the time" without issues.
Have to remove the SD card from the drone offcource.
2017-7-12
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Poll update.

I was just wanting to use active track with the Osmo+ but using a 3rd party app on my phone would just put me in the position of again not having a visible screen in the sun!
2017-7-14
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Norway

It would have been great if it was possible to charge it using USB. Then it could be charged in the field without having to drag along another charger and hub.
2017-7-15
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

StianGel Posted at 2017-7-15 03:49
It would have been great if it was possible to charge it using USB. Then it could be charged in the field without having to drag along another charger and hub.

My 5.5 battery seems to last 4+ hours way more thank 10 drone batteries.

Do you have the larger version or ultra bright which I thought came with 2 batteries?

Also could charge via USB be put into an update? The poll was more toward features that could be added to current crystalsky users.
2017-7-15
Use props
kenavata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 742126 ft
United Kingdom

Could we add 'Hangar Autopilot', as a vote option?  Thx Ken
2017-7-15
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Norway

dronesinairs Posted at 2017-7-15 09:30
My 5.5 battery seems to last 4+ hours way more thank 10 drone batteries.

Do you have the larger version or ultra bright which I thought came with 2 batteries?

I have the 5.5" version.
Still only have 3 flight batteries.
After flying those batteries and dumping the Mavic's SD card to a USB stick, the CS has 76% battery left.
Controller was at about 65%, so no longer draining due to charging my phone.

I doubt that USB charging can be enabled through firmware updates.
Could solve this by getting extra batteries for the CS, but i have not seen them for sale yet.
2017-7-15
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

kenavata Posted at 2017-7-15 10:04

Hangar auto pilot, is that the auto flight modes?  orbit, follow, zip line?

Do you just want 3rd party apps like litchi and others allowed on the crystalsky?
or more autoflight modes like adding spark quickshots, etc to the dji go4 app?
2017-7-15
Use props
kenavata
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Specifically I'd like to see support for 'Hangar's Autopilot App', opening up CrystalSky should be sufficient to persuade them to do the Android port.

More generally I'd like a range of validated apps, going through the equivalent of the 'App Store', to ensure DJI accepts some accountability not to break them as it evolves the API/SDK.  

2017-7-15
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

kenavata Posted at 2017-7-15 23:04
Specifically I'd like to see support for 'Hangar's Autopilot App', opening up CrystalSky should be sufficient to persuade them to do the Android port.

More generally I'd like a range of validated apps, going through the equivalent of the 'App Store', to ensure DJI accepts some accountability not to break them as it evolves the API/SDK.

Ah I see.
I will add a note at the top as I feel voting for litchi already opens up 3rd party approved apps.

Litchi being both android and ios I think we would see it way sooner on crystalsky if approved. 3666+189 ratings on both app stores+  50k-100k downloads. Hangar looks pretty good 370 ratings, but only ios. So like you said hangar would need an android port.

You prefer hangar over litchi or use both?
2017-7-18
Use props
kenavata
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I think they're both excellent apps, the pro's and con's of each has been well rehearsed on other threads, but in summary I'd give it to Litchi for ease of use and Autopilot for capability and refinement once you get past the learning curve.

In the context of this conversation I'd settle for DJI to enable APPROVED 3rd part apps.

Thx Ken
2017-7-19
Use props
fans7109b995
lvl.1
Flight distance : 932822 ft
Belgium

kenavata Posted at 2017-7-15 10:04

Autopilot is only on IOS, Cristalsky is on Android OS, I think this is not possible until Autopilot make their App on Android
2017-7-24
Use props
Disrupt
lvl.2
Australia

Customer service.
2017-7-25
Use props
fansfd989c0b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

File Manager App?
2017-7-25
Use props
fans0c8159f7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 511749 ft
United States

Are you able to use DJI GS Pro? I'm thinking about getting one of the monitors and replacing my iPad mini 4. My iPad mini 4 gets far too hot and I believe that creates a great amount of video lag.
2017-8-1
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans0c8159f7 Posted at 2017-8-1 11:37
Are you able to use DJI GS Pro? I'm thinking about getting one of the monitors and replacing my iPad mini 4. My iPad mini 4 gets far too hot and I believe that creates a great amount of video lag.

Currently no, in the future yes. https://forum.dji.com/thread-94209-1-2.html
gspro.PNG
2017-8-1
Use props
fans0c8159f7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 511749 ft
United States

Thank you much for the info.
2017-8-1
Use props
Troiano27
lvl.2
United States

How about LUT support?  The. Can fly in d-log, add a lut on the monitor, and get a general idea of how the footage will look graded. Also won't have to fly in the super flat profile. But still be recording in flat profile.
2017-8-10
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Troiano27 Posted at 2017-8-10 05:39
How about LUT support?  The. Can fly in d-log, add a lut on the monitor, and get a general idea of how the footage will look graded. Also won't have to fly in the super flat profile. But still be recording in flat profile.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... 7&postcount=840

Looks like already requested for inspire 2.
2017-8-10
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

Wow, its real, look here:

http://dji.retroroms.info/howto/crystalsky

Amazing...

Nils
2017-8-11
Use props
Imageten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1192697 ft
United States

I would love to run the Sony camera remote control from CrystalSky (3rd party app) and screen recording.  I forgive DJI for the lack of power charger and monitor mount but screen recording seems to be a given with this "all in one-dedicated drone monitor".  You gave us 2 MicroSD slots and all of this IO and no screen recording?  I hope it's coming.  Fingers crossed.

2017-8-12
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Imageten Posted at 2017-8-12 20:11
I would love to run the Sony camera remote control from CrystalSky (3rd party app) and screen recording.  I forgive DJI for the lack of power charger and monitor mount but screen recording seems to be a given with this "all in one-dedicated drone monitor".  You gave us 2 MicroSD slots and all of this IO and no screen recording?  I hope it's coming.  Fingers crossed.

Screen record was said to be on prelaunch firmware by beta testers but was taken out. Hopefully they re-add, lots want it.
2017-8-12
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans9c860586 Posted at 2017-8-11 11:06
Feature requests seem to be taking rapid pace on Slack thanks to the OG's...

[view_image]

Oh wow very cool, Google Play Store on Dji CrystalSky!I want to see a video of litchi running on it! Everyone would freak out!
2017-8-12
Use props
fanseb0f43b0
lvl.1

France

Hi,
for me :
- be able to use other maps than heremaps.  I.e. , Openstreetmaps.
- improve the response time. I received mine the last WE, compared it to my Iphone7+ and I'm a little bit disappointed. With the same parameters, the refresh speed is a bit slower on the CS, compared to the Iphone7+. I would say, 4-5 FPS on the CS, vs 10FPS on the Iphone.
- Propose  the small USB cable of the support as a replaceable spare part (if not already). It looks fragile
2017-8-16
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

dronesinairs Posted at 2017-8-12 20:16
Oh wow very cool, Google Play Store on Dji CrystalSky!I want to see a video of litchi running on it! Everyone would freak out!

There are screenshots of that, its working. You dont need to watch a movie, just do it and enjoy the real thing. Dont freak out, ENJOY...

Nils
2017-8-16
Use props
ChuskyX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 793202 ft
Spain

I would like that move/copy operations in the explorer of crystalsky preserve the file timestamp. It's annoying for backup purposes to have all the files with copy timestamp.
2017-8-17
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Improve file explore pls.  Just sort functions (by date) and thumbail view.  CS has SD cards and one of the best fetures is backup footage in other SDs by CS. But now is it a bit painful with very simple explorer
2017-8-22
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Crystalsky Headphone Output - the recording sound from X5 PRO/RAW for to hear.
2017-9-10
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Please Provide Litchi support or at a minimum provide an online Hub such as "Litchi Mission Hub"
to set up waypoint missions in advance of flying, this should be available for all DJI Drone Series.
2017-9-12
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

Think DJI want people to use Pilot which will have mission planning available
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

StianGel Posted at 2017-7-12 23:48
I transfer files from SD cardt to USB storage "all the time" without issues.
Have to remove the SD card from the drone offcource.

That should be a good work through step. Using the SD card would be the best course of action.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

MenSch0r Posted at 2017-9-10 22:36
Crystalsky Headphone Output - the recording sound from X5 PRO/RAW for to hear.

There would not be any sound to record from though which is usually the case. Sound is always best to add in post production.
2017-9-12
Use props
giero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7357333 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-12 06:59
There would not be any sound to record from though which is usually the case. Sound is always best to add in post production.

Bull***t I'm using Sennheiser microport with Osmo, and i need use external recorder to hear the sound. It will be ok just plug jack to osmo and hear everything on CS.
2017-10-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules