Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Its been fun but...
1234Next >
5562 132 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Roach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI,

It was a nice run but I've finally reached my limit.  With so many issues continuing at DJI, I can no longer bring myself to support the company.  The latest debacle with the Phantom Pro being unable to logon over the 4th of July holiday and leaving many of us grounded was the final event.  This impacted hundreds if not thousands of customers - google it.  I distinctly remember support stating that we would have to log on once and after that we should be good to go.  The mandatory logon policy rose up to bite many of us in the butt this weekend.  I even read a few posts where brand new out of the box P4Ps were unable to logon - not a great first impression.

To make it worse, it was certainly an internal infrastructure issue as I was suddenly able to logon Monday morning having done nothing further to my RC or aircraft.  It's disturbing that DJI doesn't have anyone watching the company infrastructure 24x7, allowing a high impact issue to develop over a major holiday weekend.  Additionally, I simply can't risk a bird not flying in front of a customer.  A world class product with 3rd world support isn't helping to sell the DJI brand.  No message has been posted to apologize for the outage with an explanation of the issue - this is standard practice for world class companies, why doesn't DJI offer the same?

When I purchase a product, I expect it to work - period.   This weekend I had a $1500 pile of bricks - so disappointed.  Furthermore, the absolute silence from DJI is horrible.  What did I do during the outage?  I flew another brand with no problems.  The other companies are catching up in quality and features.  Time for DJI to do some soul searching and determine if they really want to police the community or make and sell quality equipment for a profit.  Yuneec is under new management and we're already seeing improvements.  I just received a hand sized quad (not Yuneec) with visual positioning, follow me and a 4K for $100.  Seriously, DJI needs to think things through.  

I'll continue to fly the three DJI products I have but once they crash or die I'll not replace them with additional DJI products.  I'll also begin to recommend other brands to friends and family - which is easy once I tell them you have to logon to fly, that one statement turns everyone off.  

Concerned former customer,

Mark Roach
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Note: OP was temp banned for offensive content, not simply for bringing up issues he has with his P4P+ and DJI in general.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-7-5 10:43
59#
   Note: OP was temp banned for offensive content, not simply for bringing up issues he has with his P4P+ and DJI in general.

If you didn't see offensive content, you were not reading closely enough or missed some of his posts which is understandable.

We do not, I repeat, DO NOT ban people for voicing their concerns and criticizing certain policies or situation handling.

It's very clear we don't if you spend even a small amount of time on the forums. I know people are fearful of censorship, but the second we start censoring our customers unnecessarily is the second this forum will lose value to a huge majority of our users.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-5 14:44
What's interesting is DJI's communications  (or lack of) .
You are keen to explain trivial issues about a temporary ban  (which was justified).
But despite huge uncertainty across the community about the implications of changes in the way recent updates were done, no-one has come out with a clear explanation of what it was about or how it would work.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm trying to support the community by both maintaining  the most agreeable environment on the forums possible as well as connecting with HQ about getting these questions answered.

I too would like answers to some of these questions.

And your account says you're from Japan because the system that determines location is not fantastic and has its bugs too. There are bigger issues I am pushing the forum dev team to fix.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-5 15:00
I fully agree.

Regards the Roach all his posts can be read on mobile site, I just went over them , only one thing I can see , he told someone . Don't be a smart a$$ , and this is exactly the way he wrote it. I suppose now I will be in the firing line.

You have not comprehensively gone into his posts if that's all you found. Regardless, this isn't up for debate. The point is it wasn't the topic that got him his ban, rather his inflammatory content.

Ken was not banned as he was an official DJI rep.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-5 15:26
I was joking about Ken.

But I have read the thread twice and maybe I'm missing something, maybe someone can enlighten me.

Note that you can't see deleted posts.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

JockC Posted at 2017-7-5 17:37
DJI Joe,
I think we all realise that you and other DJI reps have also been left in the dark when it comes to explanations of some of the issues being faced by multiple users and I think we all feel some sympathy for your situation but you're the only people we can turn to.

Thanks for voicing your concern. I again agree on all points. As I said, I'm currently working on a way to open communication lines between the team back in HQ and the users (and mods) here.
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

KEDDK Posted at 2017-7-6 09:02
Hi

Not sure what he did, where and why but could you please ban people in another way so not everything they have posted can't be read, it is quite irritating the way it is now.

Unfortunately there is no other way. I agree with you that it stifles conversations and is frustrating.
2017-7-6
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know what DJI's thought process is...but it is making it harder for us to enjoy their products. I have Litchi app. When things go wrong with the DJI go/ go4 app I can fly without any probs using the Litchi app.
2017-7-4
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-7-4 05:26
I don't know what DJI's thought process is...but it is making it harder for us to enjoy their products. I have Litchi app. When things go wrong with the DJI go/ go4 app I can fly without any probs using the Litchi app.

Unfortunately I have the P4P+ so Litchi isn't an option for me unless I buy the P4P standard controller.
2017-7-4
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hearing rumors of failed birds over the weekend during search and rescue.  Now it's not even funny.  Working to confirm that rumor now.
2017-7-4
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.3
United States

I know EXACTLY how you feel.  I too was unable to fly for an entire week while on vacation in Florida.  It would not let me take off anywhere in the Pensacola, destin, panama city panhandle area.  All i got was the red box "cant take off" warning.  I am currently disputing charges on CC to get my money back.  No company should have this much control over a TOY!!!!!!   
2017-7-4
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Still no explanation or apology.  
2017-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you wanted people to read your blurb you should have left it in black& white . Looks like something hanging on a wall in a whore house.
2017-7-4
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-7-4 09:18
I know EXACTLY how you feel.  I too was unable to fly for an entire week while on vacation in Florida.  It would not let me take off anywhere in the Pensacola, destin, panama city panhandle area.  All i got was the red box "cant take off" warning.  I am currently disputing charges on CC to get my money back.  No company should have this much control over a TOY!!!!!!

This was a similar type of toy just a few days ago ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40476264
2017-7-4
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-4 13:35
If you wanted people to read your blurb you should have left it in black& white . Looks like something hanging on a wall in a whore house.

That's a forum screw up, I didn't choose the background color.  I did change the font color so it could be seen - I guess I could do a repost.    I agree - looks like hell.   In edit mode there is no green background.

2017-7-4
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"The other companies are catching up in quality and features."

Really?
Please tell us which makers have a control and video system that is even half as good as Lightbridge?
And a camera that approaches the quality of the P4 pro.

The facts are that the other makers are still back in the dark ages of drone evolution with laggy wifi, poor range and crappy cameras.
Apart from that, they're "catching up in quality and features".
2017-7-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-7-4 05:26

And Litchi have just released the latest version of their app which doesn't require you to login to remove the flight restrictions (unless you're in China).
2017-7-4
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I guess we all agree that DJI makes some fantastic products but is lacking big time on customer service/repair service/support.
Don't know if this is some Chinese communist attitude or if they are just incredibly overwhelmed by demand.

Biggest issue is lack of communication.
Most consumers put up with a lot of issues if there is response, acknowledgement or an explanation.
Apparently that is not possible since employees in customer relations don't know the product themselves.

The idea of this forum is great but look where it goes.
More and more frustrated customers. Most admin responses make me think a computer is on the other side.

I'm just thinking what DJI would be like if Steve Jobs would run it.
First step probably would be shutting down this forum. Too much bad news here
2017-7-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Eric13 Posted at 2017-7-4 14:56
I guess we all agree that DJI makes some fantastic products but is lacking big time on customer service/repair service/support.
Don't know if this is some Chinese communist attitude or if they are just incredibly overwhelmed by demand.

'I'm just thinking what DJI would be like if Steve Jobs would run it.'

It would be dead boring.
2017-7-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-4 15:17
... It would be dead boring.

Not at all - he'd release the iPhantom, and it'd come in different colours (umm, like the Spark?). The iPhantom would no doubt also be able to respond to voice command to direct you to the closest Thai restaurant, as well as flash it's LEDs to tell you when you have incoming mail on your tablet. Steve would innovate droning forever !!

Oh, and recognising the power of the customer, and how fickle they are if you don't give them what they want, he'd over-haul DJI's communication channels and sack most of the Executive for failing to see that.
2017-7-4
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem here flying on the 4th.
2017-7-4
Use props
JonCren
New
Flight distance : 41759 ft
Malaysia

The Roach Posted at 2017-7-4 05:36
Unfortunately I have the P4P+ so Litchi isn't an option for me unless I buy the P4P standard controller.

Please let me know if you find a work around for the P4P Controller. I wish I could run my iPhone or iPad with my P4P+. Very sad, and frustrated with this Android built in.
2017-7-4
Use props
Trump
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-4 14:11
"The other companies are catching up in quality and features."

Really?

Labroides, please stop drinking the Kool-Aid, remember what happened to that cult a few years back. DJI is a hot mess, and anyone that can't see that by now is a hot mess too! Please!
2017-7-4
Use props
Trump
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-4 14:17
And Litchi have just released the latest version of their app which doesn't require you to login to remove the flight restrictions (unless you're in China).

Just bought it! So Far so good!!
2017-7-4
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Trump Posted at 2017-7-4 20:27
Labroides, please stop drinking the Kool-Aid, remember what happened to that cult a few years back. DJI is a hot mess, and anyone that can't see that by now is a hot mess too! Please!

You obviously know everything there is to know about the state of the drone market these days.
So come on and tell me which other maker makes anything half as good as a P4 pro?

Or perhaps given your moniler, you're full of bluster and have no idea?
2017-7-4
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

If I can chime in here, my concerns are not mainly the hardware. The hardware is good, it has potential. My concern right now is DJI's applications and customer relations (non-updated firmware for P4 users, buggy releases (for instance releasing an XT app that is not connecting at all to the aircraft), a non-dedication for Pro users (no upgrade path, very little support, short-lived hardware), and a force of restrictions via the apps that might not be applicable to the country in which the pilot is flying. Also, not to forget, functions promised but not delivered. Functions removed. Specifications downgraded.
2017-7-4
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

The Roach Posted at 2017-7-4 14:02
That's a forum screw up, I didn't choose the background color.  I did change the font color so it could be seen - I guess I could do a repost.    I agree - looks like hell.   In edit mode there is no green background.

here is a green background,      Not a glitch in the forum software but  my decision and settting...and now I am in edit mode and can chasnge it at will.
2017-7-5
Use props
imagine it
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-4 13:35

Wouldn't call that a very appropriate reply.
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

imagine it Posted at 2017-7-5 01:02
Wouldn't call that a very appropriate reply.

I for one could not read it. It hurt my eyes, so I had to copy the text and paste it in my text editor -just to realize that after all it wasn't worth the effort.  Hallmark007 did not "reply" the post, just commented on how it was presented, and the answer blaming it on the forum was quite childish -once more.
2017-7-5
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-7-4 09:18

I also get the "can not take off" warning but after a few seconds it disappears and I am good to fly.
2017-7-5
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

100% agree on threat opener!
i was locked down for my whole holiday on a paradise island. months of planning went into this and DJI screwed it up!

DJI : we want decide when we fly our drone and not you
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-5 01:46
100% agree on threat opener!
i was locked down for my whole holiday on a paradise island. months of planning went into this and DJI screwed it up!

Will you please stop shouting?
2017-7-5
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 01:53

antonio would you please stop protecting DJI like a watchdog? we have serious issues here you might not understand if you still think its totally fine whats going on right now. drones are locked! cant you understand how frustrating it is to fly around the world to a nice place and be stucked there with a locked down drone like this?
people are shouting because DJI is not giving us any answers so far. keeping silence is wrong way to trat long term customers
2017-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-5 01:58
antonio would you please stop protecting DJI like a watchdog? we have serious issues here you might not understand if you still think its totally fine whats going on right now. drones are locked! cant you understand how frustrating it is to fly around the world to a nice place and be stucked there with a locked down drone like this?
people are shouting because DJI is not giving us any answers so far. keeping silence is wrong way to trat long term customers

" if you still think its totally fine whats going on right now. drones are locked!"

Is your drone still locked, my understanding was that all had been resolved after the weekend when DJI chose to sort out their server, allowing people to log in and activate ?
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-5 01:58

Did you actively contact DJI about your alleged problems, or did you expect them to actually read your rants in the forum?  Anyway, I never experienced a problem flying my P4P, but then I do things (updates, using the correct cables when needed, making sure I have internet connection where I go, just in case, and the like -and you actually had wifi connection) like they are supposed to be done... but it is always easier to blame somebody else for one's own failures...
2017-7-5
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-4 13:49
This was a similar type of toy just a few days ago ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40476264

Spotted a drone at 12,500' did they?  No drone actually found though...

The BBC is the UK's version of CNN.  Fake News...

2017-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-5 02:13

You missed the point of Gatwick runway being shut down and planes diverted, how can that be ?

Only dictators decide to completely rubbish and control all media. The BBC reports are accurate in respect to the information they're given.

2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

"(CNN) -- Passengers traveling through London's Gatwick Airport were hit with delays and diversions Sunday night after a drone caused a security incident.

The airport closed its runway for almost a quarter of an hour over reports of a drone in the vicinity.

"Unconfirmed reports of a drone sighting led to runway suspension for a total of 14 mins. Operations fully resumed and police investigating," the airport wrote on its official Twitter account."

where does it say 12,500feet? but yes, CNN and BBC are fake news. Only Fox spreads the truth...
2017-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Everyone (here) should know enough to be very skeptical of a reported drone/aircraft interaction at 12500 feet but journalists from pretty well any news organisation don't.
They are going to print anything sensational with the word drone in it.
To be fair, the news item quoted is only quoting the British Airprox Board who should know better but exhibit as much skepticism (none) as the journalists.

Read any of their reports:  https://www.airproxboard.org.uk/ ... y-meeting-May-2017/
If a pilot says drone, they never question it, no matter how unlikely it is.
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-5 03:10
Everyone (here) should know enough to be very skeptical of a reported drone/aircraft interaction at 12500 feet but journalists from pretty well any news organisation don't.
They are going to print anything sensational with the word drone in it.
To be fair, the news item quoted is only quoting the British Airprox Board who should know better but exhibit as much skepticism (none) as the journalists.

Not yet reported by The Aviation Herald,  but look at this:

http://avherald.com/h?search_ter ... x=13&search.y=8
2017-7-5
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 00:25
here is a green background,      Not a glitch in the forum software but  my decision and settting...and now I am in edit mode and can chasnge it at will.

Nothing like a smart-ass.  Are you happy now?  I DID NOT MAKE THE BACKGROUND GREEN.  
2017-7-5
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 00:25

Nothing like a smart-a$$.  Are you happy now?  I DID NOT MAKE THE BACKGROUND GREEN.  
2017-7-5
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 01:20
I for one could not read it. It hurt my eyes, so I had to copy the text and paste it in my text editor -just to realize that after all it wasn't worth the effort.  Hallmark007 did not "reply" the post, just commented on how it was presented, and the answer blaming it on the forum was quite childish -once more.

The fact you make assumptions without knowing 100% of the facts is disturbing.  I did not make the background green.  I posted that way on its own.  We all know technology is PERFECT don't we?  
2017-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Roach Posted at 2017-7-5 04:34
The fact you make assumptions without know 100% of the facts is disturbing.  I did not make the background green.  I posted that way on its own.  We all know technology is PERFECT don't we?

Can you not edit it by highlighting all text and changing 'Text BG Color' to white ?
2017-7-5
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-5 01:53

Will you please stop grading posts?
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

The Roach Posted at 2017-7-5 05:13
Will you please stop grading posts?

when you will stop acting like a first grader...
2017-7-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules