Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand New Spark - Flyaway and gone
12Next >
4352 50 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4938 ft
Canada

Last week I got a Spark for my birthday. I've had around 7 flights over the past week. I've been waiting for the remote to come in the mail and using the Go 4 App on my android for all flights.

Before the flight where I had the flyaway issue, I did a compass re-calibration and then off I went with full battery. I was in my backyard which has no overhanging wires or trees. I was about 70ft up when all of a sudden the app lost control and the spark went full steam backwards over my house. I ran around the house to the front yard to try and re-connect and save it but I had no visual once i got around the corner. I looked for hours in the area and around the neighbourhood and couldn't find the drone.

I've uploaded the flight log and some pictures from the app and the flight log analysis map. It seems once I lost control of it, it flew in a straight line in the direction of a couple trees. The trees it shows are less 50 ft tall. I searched up and down the tree and couldn't find anything. Also, the app says the drone was above 70ft when it went off so if that's true it would've easily cleared these trees.

I will be calling the helpline once they open today, but I am looking to understand if there's anything else I can do. I purchased the DJI refresh the day I regstered the drone and I'm hoping there is some way this is covered since I followed all precautions I could find in the included literature and everything I found online researching what steps to take during the first flights. Also, maybe if someone understands the different errors I found in the log (yaw error) they could better point me to understanding what happened.

Thanks

FlightRecord

FlightRecord

APP-FlightPath

APP-FlightPath

FindMyDrone

FindMyDrone

spark-flightlog.zip

119.39 KB, Down times: 3

flightlog

2017-7-4
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

They'll request you upload the logs for them to review.  You mentined a YAW error so I'm thiking they'll replace it.  But don't expect a new one - probably get a grefurb.  
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm so sorry for your loss, we have 'Find My drone' function in DJI Go 4 which can be found in the top right corner.
Usually when the drone flew into a couple of trees, if the APP happens to reconnect the drone, you can open the ''ESC Beeping'' in MC settings–Advanced settings, the drone will be easy to be located.
Anyway, we still suggest to contact our support to raise a ticket, we will have professional data analysis team to figure out what happened during flight and provide the further resolution to you after that.
find my drone.png
2017-7-4
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

The find my drone pointed me to the end of my neighbours driveway (that's why my final picture above is).
Also after more searching today, I went deeper and measured the trees... they are 7 meters lower than the altitude I was flying at, and 15 meters lower than RTH altitude. That, along with the extensive combing I did of all the near trees, I think it's extremely unlikely it is in any tree. At the time I did enable beeping mode but I never came close to getting connection back withe drone. I was using the app through the android and wifi wasn't picking it up anywhere.

I've already opened a ticket. In the initial response the "case number" in the body is blank but the CRM is 0449000000189.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-4 19:58
The find my drone pointed me to the end of my neighbours driveway (that's why my final picture above is).
Also after more searching today, I went deeper and measured the trees... they are 7 meters lower than the altitude I was flying at, and 15 meters lower than RTH altitude. That, along with the extensive combing I did of all the near trees, I think it's extremely unlikely it is in any tree. At the time I did enable beeping mode but I never came close to getting connection back withe drone. I was using the app through the android and wifi wasn't picking it up anywhere.

When the drone powers off, the beeping sound will not be heard. Would you please send me your email account? The number you provided cannot be found in our system, thank you.
2017-7-4
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-4 22:11
When the drone powers off, the beeping sound will not be heard. Would you please send me your email account? The number you provided cannot be found in our system, thank you.

Email has been PM'd
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thank you for your message, your case number is CAS-765026-W5L8D3, it is undergoing the data analysis, we will have someone to contact you once it's done, I have helped to speed up the process, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-5
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-5 20:25
Thank you for your message, your case number is CAS-765026-W5L8D3, it is undergoing the data analysis, we will have someone to contact you once it's done, I have helped to speed up the process, appreciate your patience.

Thank you, much appreciated.
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-6 05:03
Thank you, much appreciated.

You are welcome, the data analysis has been finished, we will have someone to contact you about the details very soon, please wait patiently.
2017-7-6
Use props
fansd5f679f6
New
Flight distance : 31257 ft
Germany

and what happend,  i am so scared, to lost also mydrone

what says the analysis?
2017-7-10
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

Analysis came back with:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your patience.
For the unfortunate incident happened to your drone, we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis. We would like to offer you a 100% off coupon code for spark without remote, then you can place an order for it from DJI online store.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
So in the end they will replace it. I'm still waiting for the coupon code and after that who knows how long before they ship it. Also my class 10 SD card that was loaded inside is gone with the wind.
I'm trying to work it out so that I can pay to add on the Fly-More package with the coupon but it's not looking as easy as it sounds. Once I get the coupon I will see what I can work out in the store.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-10 13:51
Analysis came back with:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your patience.

The coupon and the purchasing link will be sent to you within 3 working days,  SD card should also be included, appreciate your patience.
If there is any further problem, please keep us updated.
2017-7-10
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks Mindy. Got the coupon code but it was set for the US and I am located in Canada. Got a "coupon can't be used in your country error" on checkout.
2017-7-12
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

Still haven't heard back from support on the coupon country issue.
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-13 20:41
Still haven't heard back from support on the coupon country issue.

Sorry for this, I've informed our appropriate team to look into it, will get it corrected soon, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-15
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks Diana. Got the coupon and order number 0016289848870. Now just have to wait for processing/shipping.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-17 04:36
Thanks Diana. Got the coupon and order number 0016289848870. Now just have to wait for processing/shipping.

It's good to know, please keep us posted for further questions.
2017-7-17
Use props
PilotMax
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19134 ft
Germany

Hey, I‘ve got the exactly same problem with my DJI Spark. I started it after I got a good GPS signal and it told me ready to fly. I hovered around 40 meters above me. Then the error signal came, that i lost the GPS signal, it switched to ATTI-Mode but a second later the connection was interrupted. It started to fly away, i tried to follow it, but I had no chance - it was faster then me and I had to pack my stuff first. Return to home or find my drone didn't work...
I searched 2,5 hours, but it had nearly full battery, so it could be miles away. I contacted the support chat today and they said that I should get a message from the technic support in the next 24-48 hours. It seems like a problem of the spark. I hope that DJI helps me in this situation.
2017-7-18
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

You need to get a case open and go from there. Also maybe create a service forum post for your own case, that may make it easier for the DJI forum team to help you out.
It will take some time though, as every step of the way takes days and weeks.

Here is my experience:
June 27: Brand New Spark purchased as BestBuy (electronics store in North America)
July 3: Fly Away incident
July 4: I opened a case with online support (the phone support was closed and is only open during EST work hours)
July 10: Case Analysis complete - 100% coupon code confirmed as a solution
July 12: First coupon code received but was setup as US code and I'm in Canada
July 17: Second coupon code received and DJI store purchase confirmed.
????  ??: Waiting for shipment now

I think these timelines were much quicker than the norm because of the DJI team on the forum, specifically Mindy.
She was a great help pushing it forward throughout the process. Thanks again Mindy.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PilotMax Posted at 2017-7-18 03:22
Hey, I‘ve got the exactly same problem with my DJI Spark. I started it after I got a good GPS signal and it told me ready to fly. I hovered around 40 meters above me. Then the error signal came, that i lost the GPS signal, it switched to ATTI-Mode but a second later the connection was interrupted. It started to fly away, i tried to follow it, but I had no chance - it was faster then me and I had to pack my stuff first. Return to home or find my drone didn't work...
I searched 2,5 hours, but it had nearly full battery, so it could be miles away. I contacted the support chat today and they said that I should get a message from the technic support in the next 24-48 hours. It seems like a problem of the spark. I hope that DJI helps me in this situation.

We are sorry to hear the accident, Max. Since you have contacted our support, they will help to create a ticket for data analysis, our team will try their best to find out the reason if the flight log is enough.
If it's manufacture defect, the lost drone will be compensated by DJI like Zaynbidane's case. No worries.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-18 07:06
You need to get a case open and go from there. Also maybe create a service forum post for your own case, that may make it easier for the DJI forum team to help you out.
It will take some time though, as every step of the way takes days and weeks.

You are welcome. Hope you will get the drone soon and have a good time on flying.
2017-7-18
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

2 more questions if you don't mind Mindy:
1) Do I need to do anything to transfer my refresh care to the new spark serial number?
2) The DJI store site says the order was shipped but there is no tracking number and I haven't received any email confirming that.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-19 13:14
2 more questions if you don't mind Mindy:
1) Do I need to do anything to transfer my refresh care to the new spark serial number?
2) The DJI store site says the order was shipped but there is no tracking number and I haven't received any email confirming that.

That's alright.
1) Please send email to djicare@dji.com with the old and new serial number and the case number as well when the drone arrives. They will assist to transfer the DJI Care Refresh.
2) Would you mind providing the order number to me so I can check the status and get you an update?
2017-7-19
Use props
PilotMax
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks for your encouraging words, Mindy. And thanks for the timeline zaynbidane, it helped me and I suppose everyone with the same problem. My status is that I still got no message from the technic team, I hope that they will contact me soon, so that I can send them my flight log.
2017-7-20
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-19 21:17
That's alright.
1) Please send email to djicare@dji.com with the old and new serial number and the case number as well when the drone arrives. They will assist to transfer the DJI Care Refresh.
2) Would you mind providing the order number to me so I can check the status and get you an update?

1) Will do, thanks
2)My order number is 0016289848870. They've sent an update and shipped just the spark half of my order. The status for the controller, extra battery, prop guards and OTG cable are 'will come later'.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-20 12:37
1) Will do, thanks
2)My order number is 0016289848870. They've sent an update and shipped just the spark half of my order. The status for the controller, extra battery, prop guards and OTG cable are 'will come later'.

Just checked it , I think you would receive the Spark soon. For other accessories, they may take longer, as you can see the estimated shipping date in DJI online store, some of them are 15-20 working days after payment confirmation.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

PilotMax Posted at 2017-7-20 07:59
Thanks for your encouraging words, Mindy. And thanks for the timeline zaynbidane, it helped me and I suppose everyone with the same problem. My status is that I still got no message from the technic team, I hope that they will contact me soon, so that I can send them my flight log.

Do you have a ticket number or case number? Please provide us with them so we can check what happened. Or you can send an email with your flight log and a brief description of the drone accident to support.nl@dji.com directly.
2017-7-21
Use props
PilotMax
lvl.1
Germany

Hey Diana, here is my ticket number: CAS-806107-B1R5C1
Should I send my flight log to the mail-adress, although I already got a ticket number?
2017-7-21
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-21 00:22
Just checked it , I think you would receive the Spark soon. For other accessories, they may take longer, as you can see the estimated shipping date in DJI online store, some of them are 15-20 working days after payment confirmation.

Now that I'm looking at the page i see the estimated time of delivery. This is a bit frustrating because I am paying more for these parts and getting less than the fly more package which ships in 1-2 days. I wish there was a better warranty compensation setup so I could've been able to upgrade to the fly more package alongside the warranty return instead of having to pay more money than the upgrade is worth to get just a piece of the flymore package.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

PilotMax Posted at 2017-7-21 02:08
Hey Diana, here is my ticket number: CAS-806107-B1R5C1
Should I send my flight log to the mail-adress, although I already got a ticket number?

Yes, please send an email with the flight log and case number to support@nl.com, then we can add the log to this case, and submit a data analysis for you.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-21 13:16
Now that I'm looking at the page i see the estimated time of delivery. This is a bit frustrating because I am paying more for these parts and getting less than the fly more package which ships in 1-2 days. I wish there was a better warranty compensation setup so I could've been able to upgrade to the fly more package alongside the warranty return instead of having to pay more money than the upgrade is worth to get just a piece of the flymore package.

Sorry to say that we are not able to upgrade it to a fly more combo, send an email to onlinesales@dji.com, see if you can cancel this order, and then order a fly more combo.
2017-7-21
Use props
PilotMax
lvl.1
Germany

I‘ve send my flight log to the mail address. I hope that I will get an (good) answer as soon as possible. After all this problems i feel like it is good to buy the RC-controll, so maybe i will try to "upgrade" to the fly-more combo like zaynbidane.
2017-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PilotMax Posted at 2017-7-22 06:39
I‘ve send my flight log to the mail address. I hope that I will get an (good) answer as soon as possible. After all this problems i feel like it is good to buy the RC-controll, so maybe i will try to "upgrade" to the fly-more combo like zaynbidane.

We will have someone to contact you once the data analysis finishes, appreciate your patience.
RC is a good choice, which will be safer during flight, you can give a thought.
2017-7-23
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-21 21:07
Sorry to say that we are not able to upgrade it to a fly more combo, send an email to , see if you can cancel this order, and then order a fly more combo.

I contacted support to cancel the order. I am planning on returning the spark and buy the full fly more package instead. I have yet to receive any email confirmation about the cancellation though.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-24 08:41
I contacted support to cancel the order. I am planning on returning the spark and buy the full fly more package instead. I have yet to receive any email confirmation about the cancellation though.

What is your ticket number? I'll do my best to escalate it.
2017-7-24
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-24 19:59
What is your ticket number? I'll do my best to escalate it.

I never got a ticket number. My original order number I'm trying to get refunded was 0016289848870. The new order number for the fly more package is 0018102892843.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-25 17:41
I never got a ticket number. My original order number I'm trying to get refunded was 0016289848870. The new order number for the fly more package is 0018102892843.

If you sent email to onlinesales@dji.com, there will be an email ticket number.
I'm sorry that we didn't find the email record about the refund when search with the email address in your order.
Please leave us with the ticket number, thanks.
2017-7-25
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-25 22:37
If you sent email to , there will be an email ticket number.
I'm sorry that we didn't find the email record about the refund when search with the email address in your order.
Please leave us with the ticket number, thanks.

I did it via the online chat support.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

zaynbidane Posted at 2017-7-26 04:26
I did it via the online chat support.

Could you please send email to onlinesales@dji.com and leave me with the ticket number or your email address? I will inform Sales Team to reply as soon as possible.
2017-7-26
Use props
zaynbidane
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-26 05:16
Could you please send email to  and leave me with the ticket number or your email address? I will inform Sales Team to reply as soon as possible.

ticket654050

Thank you
2017-7-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules