Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass error, Exit P-GPS Mode
18540 12 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
a_savvin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55840 ft
Canada

Hello,

I have not flied since November last year. On weekend I tried first time since.
I did software update and calibrated IMU, calibrated compass.  
GPS P mode was green before I took off.
But after I took off I saw a red error "Compass error, Exit P-GPS Mode".
I did compass calibration and IMU again, but problem seems to me happens all the time after few sec after take off.

Thank you

2017-7-4
Use props
T-Rex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 966148 ft
Italy

Hi I ahi the same issue this Sunday. Luckily I managed to bring the drone back without any issue. I just chatted with Technical Support and I was told the error is caused by magnetic interference and I need to repeat compass calibration in an open area far form walls and metal objects. I will try next weekend.
2017-7-4
Use props
T-Rex
lvl.3
Italy

Hi I had the same issue this Sunday. Luckily I managed to bring the drone back without any issue. I just chatted with Technical Support and I was told the error is caused by magnetic interference and I need to repeat compass calibration in an open area far form walls and metal objects. I will try next weekend.
2017-7-4
Use props
a_savvin
lvl.2
Canada

I tried to compass calibration a few times and still no luck. I am in open are in the middle of soccer field. I can't recall last year I had same issue. Not sure if this is caused by firmware upgrade or so.
2017-7-4
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

a_savvin Posted at 2017-7-4 11:55
I tried to compass calibration a few times and still no luck. I am in open are in the middle of soccer field. I can't recall last year I had same issue. Not sure if this is caused by firmware upgrade or so.

When ever I have had to do compass calibration, I had to look process up again.  Never seem to do it right unless I review it first.
2017-7-4
Use props
a_savvin
lvl.2
Canada

Ordered new compass just in case.
Tried reset compass with little magnet.
2017-7-5
Use props
a_savvin
lvl.2
Canada

T-Rex Posted at 2017-7-4 11:34
Hi I had the same issue this Sunday. Luckily I managed to bring the drone back without any issue. I just chatted with Technical Support and I was told the error is caused by magnetic interference and I need to repeat compass calibration in an open area far form walls and metal objects. I will try next weekend.

Hello! How did go with your compass issue?
Thank you
2017-7-17
Use props
T-Rex
lvl.3
Italy

a_savvin Posted at 2017-7-17 06:05
Hello! How did go with your compass issue?
Thank you

Hi! So far so good. I repeated compass calibration in an open area. Since then I flew twice and compass error didn't come out again. Probably it was a kind of interference in the location where the error came up.
Finger crossed !

2017-7-17
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I had this once, after upgrading the P4, when flying over a house. The owner advised me there are a lot of interference in the area. I didn't see that again.
2017-7-17
Use props
a_savvin
lvl.2
Canada

Good for your. I guess I will replace compass myself and see
2017-7-17
Use props
a_savvin
lvl.2
Canada

Yeah I spend some time today and replaced compass. I dont see error any more. I did not go outside but what was fail before seems to me OK now.
I noticed some cracks in plastics when motors  assembled. Actually it was good experience since I found screws hard to un tide. I think thats why cracks on plastic.
2017-7-19
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

"I am in open are in the middle of soccer field. "

Many sports fields have a lot of pipework and gear under the surface to help maintain the 'grass' ....

It is not unusual for Compass Calibration to be made in a location. all appears OK, you take off and then within a few metres "Compass ERROR" ... why ?
Basically you calibrated in an area of interference. the calibration will only reject if the interference is significant. The calibration is within tolerance and confirms. But once the AC moves out of the interference - the compass is detected as having error.

Typical places NOT to do calibration :

Driveways up to houses
Roads
Car-parks with lots of street lights / utilities
Football / Sport fields
Concrete slabs / areas
Boat docks / Pontoons

Basically anywhere there is metal or piping / cabling ...

You are much better in completing calibration in an open clear farm field and then LEAVING it alone even if you fly at another location. Unless you move hundreds of miles - it will be perfectly safe.
Nigel
2017-7-19
Use props
djiuser_zzQLCqwMttVF
New

Germany

Bei mir ist es gerade auch so aber es ist jetzt das zweite Mal des kann man beheben indem man oben in der Mitte wo ready to fly steht driafdrüvken dan steht Kompass und dan auf  Kalibrieren und dann auf ok
2020-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules