934 5 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

If this has been answered already sorry for the duplication......couldn't find one on the forum.

Have a P4P that I updated to firmware V01.04.0602 with the DJI Assistant V1.2.2 (Latest version).....update went perfectly.  
   Put one of my extra batteries I got with my P4 in the P4P, and got a pop up message once I clicked on the P4P icon "Firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device.  Update your firmware."  I clicked on update and the update took about a minute or so and everything went great....I assumed it was a battery update for the new firmware.

Before updating my OTHER two batteries, I decided to check the updated battery with my P4.  I connected my P4 to the DJI assistant with one of the un-updated batteries and after clicking on the P4 icon it showed current/latest P4 Firmware to be V1.02.0602 and everything checked out.  I then put in the battery that was in the P4P during the V1.04 update and got the "Firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device.  Update your firmware."

Seems like the V1.04 update makes the battery incompatible with the P4 and visa-versa with the P4P......because I downgraded the P4P battery back to the P4 V1.02 with the DJI assistant.  
     Has anybody else come across this issue and was wondering if there will be a P4 update that will make the batteries interchangeable?   Not really a big issue since it can be converted either way.....was just wondering if you peeps new something that I didn't......trust me, wouldn't take much!

Thanks!
2017-7-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's been that way for a while. When the P4 beta software was tested in January, the battery firmware between the then-current P4P firmware and the beta P4 firmware were in sync. Since then there have been four firmware releases for the P4P - two of which, including the latest, I believe have had battery firmware updates. But there have been NO firmware releases for the P4. I am now forced to keep two batteries dedicated to my P4, with another two batteries dedicated to my P4P.

I was advised by the beta team that the battery firmware would be brought back in-sync again when the new firmware for the P4 is released, but that release no longer has an ETA. This also highlights that the batteries really aren't interchangable between models, as DJI would be advising.

Then there's the P4A firmware...
2017-7-4
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-4 14:13
It's been that way for a while. When the P4 beta software was tested in January, the battery firmware between the then-current P4P firmware and the beta P4 firmware were in sync. Since then there have been four firmware releases for the P4P - two of which, including the latest, I believe have had battery firmware updates. But there have been NO firmware releases for the P4. I am now forced to keep two batteries dedicated to my P4, with another two batteries dedicated to my P4P.

I was advised by the beta team that the battery firmware would be brought back in-sync again when the new firmware for the P4 is released, but that release no longer has an ETA. This also highlights that the batteries really aren't interchangable between models, as DJI would be advising.

Thanks for the info.........hopefully they will have at least an update for the batteries dedicated to the P4 that will sync them with the P4P.   
Probably wont be just a battery update though, because I'm sure the programing for the P4P battery is more then just a simple upgrade.
Thanks again!  
2017-7-4
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-4 14:13

I also found out tonight that if you have the latest firmware on the P4P and P4 you can update/back grade the battery through the DJI Assistant.  I switched the P4 to the P4P and visa versa with another battery and they worked fine.  
While its a little bit of a pain.......at least all my batteries can be used with whatever version I want until an update comes around.
2017-7-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tmygun Posted at 2017-7-4 17:35
I also found out tonight that if you have the latest firmware on the P4P and P4 you can update/back grade the battery through the DJI Assistant.  I switched the P4 to the P4P and visa versa with another battery and they worked fine.  
While its a little bit of a pain.......at least all my batteries can be used with whatever version I want until an update comes around.

That's correct - you do a firmware refresh with each individual battery installed. I believe each craft firmware is actually a collection of controller updates (gimbal, IMU, battery, etc) which are applied in order. You know when the firmware is updating the battery when you see the two middle LEDs on the battery flashing. When you see that you know you'll need to do subsequent refreshes with each battery you own installed - powering down the craft after each successful firmware update, inserting the next, and then powering back up for the next battery to be detected.
2017-7-4
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-4 17:47
That's correct - you do a firmware refresh with each individual battery installed. I believe each craft firmware is actually a collection of controller updates (gimbal, IMU, battery, etc) which are applied in order. You know when the firmware is updating the battery when you see the two middle LEDs on the battery flashing. When you see that you know you'll need to do subsequent refreshes with each battery you own installed - powering down the craft after each successful firmware update, inserting the next, and then powering back up for the next battery to be detected.

Yep....that's exactly what I observed with the batteries up/downgrading them.  
Thank You again for your reply!!
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules