8535 15 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9dfc0d9a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi, just wondering if anyone has a cure for a foggy camera lens as soon as i start the motors and they are blowing air on the camera the lense fogs up right in the centre I realize that there must be a tiny bit of moisture in there but it was ok till the cooler weather started,I have tried the moisture bags all around the camera I was just hoping not to have to send it back for repair as they will no doubt put the latest and greatest firmware on it and i was trying to avoid that. cheers Jeff

2017-7-4
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Take the gimbal cover off and leave the Mavic sit in a warm spot where it gets some sunlight on it (not so much that it gets too hot) and leave it for a day or so. This should dry out any moisture and hopefully it won't return.
2017-7-4
Use props
djiuser_ckzMDfV
New

United States

Usually it is typical of coastal and tropical environments. Transferring them from low humidity location to warmer could be one reason for fog.
2017-7-4
Use props
djiuser_ckzMDfV
New

United States

It is quite typical with tropical and coastal environments. it happens especially when you transfer camera from low humidity area to warmer one. Wait for it to acclimate and then keep wiping.  It may go up to half an hour.
few useful tips would be to keep it outside in a safe place, keep it in a trunk, get them out of a bag, remove the caps and filters, keep a micro-fibre cloth handy.

Above all keep your fix your camera on post-production because a picture with any significant fogginess is a total goner.
2017-7-4
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

I had the same issue, happened to fly in very humid conditions. My fix was to leave the mavic out in the sun for twenty minutes or so and haven't had the issue since.
2017-7-4
Use props
fans9dfc0d9a
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for all the suggestions much appreciated
2017-7-4
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

100% normal. Condensation. When stuff gets to the same temperature as environment , it will go away. It is always better to turn devices on after they  acclimatized. If you were in a car with airco and then get on in a humid warm atmosphere, you will get that.
2017-7-5
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

If the humidity is inside the camera, then you can try to warm it up using a hairdryer until the humidity is gone.
I do mean warm up the camera NOT heat up the camera.

If the fogging occurs on the outside, then there are several solutions to fix this. Your call...
2017-7-5
Use props
fans9dfc0d9a
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-5 02:10
If the humidity is inside the camera, then you can try to warm it up using a hairdryer until the humidity is gone.
I do mean warm up the camera NOT heat up the camera.

Thanks i have sat the mavic in the sun for a few hours and flown it a couple of times since and it hasnt come back fingers crossed,the fog i mean lol
cheers
2017-7-6
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

fans9dfc0d9a Posted at 2017-7-6 22:11
Thanks i have sat the mavic in the sun for a few hours and flown it a couple of times since and it hasnt come back fingers crossed,the fog i mean lol
cheers

Careful with the sun, it might heat up the camera a little too much.
Also, if you're unlucky, the sun on the lens might damage the image sensor inside the camera.
You know that it is dangerous to look into the sun with your unprotected eyes, therefore the same applies to any camera.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans9dfc0d9a
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-7 00:49
Also, if you're unlucky, the sun on the lens might damage the image sensor inside the camera.
You know that it is dangerous to look into the sun with your unprotected eyes, therefore the same applies to any camera.

Thank you for that advice very helpful
2017-7-8
Use props
zadagado
New

Egypt

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-7 00:49

thnks for this advice, i'll take care too
2017-10-25
Use props
Zonuna
New
Flight distance : 10272 ft
India

I Fix this issue by warping tape around the side of camera, i hope it works with you too
2018-4-18
Use props
djiuser_vNSedaRuAi8r
lvl.1
United States

Zonuna Posted at 2018-4-18 03:10
I Fix this issue by warping tape around the side of camera, i hope it works with you too

U put tape around the camera. I need to try that.
2020-2-13
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_vNSedaRuAi8r Posted at 2-13 10:38
U put tape around the camera. I need to try that.

I would not put tape on the side of the camera.  It is just condensation from the lens being cooler than the surrounding environment it was brought into.  Same as with any other camera,take some time to let it acclimate.  When I used to travel with my 35mm camera, I kept a ziploc bag with it to put lenses in when going from a very cold vehicle to inside a heated home or the lenses would be covered in condensation instantly.
2020-2-13
Use props
djiuser_BEOIxkrcOC8O
lvl.1

Panama

my experience with fogged lens. in costal humid area the.lens does not fog untill i turn on the.mavic pro. heat from drone is transfered to camera body the camera back side gets hot. it aint the ambient conditions it is the heat transfer that creates the extreme temp difference in first place. i guess that is why pro no more on the mavic line.
2021-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules