Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
phantom 4 pro stops at 50 meter distance
6737 14 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone-Nut
lvl.1
United States

Today at the beach phantom 4 pro stops at 50 meters distance and says "Maximum distance reached"... and at about 26 m for height.   Message said to check my distance and height settings.  Height I have 120M  and NO distance setting at it (its off).  ?

prior to this happening I did get a wind warning.  It wasnt that windy.   ???
2017-7-4
Use props
JonCren
New
Flight distance : 41759 ft
Malaysia

I also had this problem. Tonight, at 6:40pm I was flying fine. at 9:20PM it limited me to 100 Feet and said maximum altitude reached. Height was also 120M and no distance setting. It locked me out at 100FT and I couldn't get video of the fireworks...

Please help!
2017-7-4
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Happens to me too. I am on latest firmware etc. Always happens on the second battery. Have to reboot both, and then all ok.
2017-7-4
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ Release Notes
Date : 2017.06.08
Aircraft Firmware : V 01.04.0602
Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.1.0
Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.2.0.0
DJI GO 4 App iOS : V 4.1.0
DJI GO 4 App Android : V 4.1.0

What’s New?
Updated No-Fly Zone Management.
Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home.
To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.
Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight.

Notes:
If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update.
Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
2017-7-4
Use props
Leopold 2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131175 ft
Belgium

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-7-4 21:24
Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ Release Notes
Date : 2017.06.08
Aircraft Firmware : V 01.04.0602

Yesterday I had the same problem, I was flying with the app on. What did i do wrong?
2017-7-19
Use props
Kmelx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211870 ft
United Kingdom

Leopold 2 Posted at 2017-7-19 04:14
Yesterday I had the same problem, I was flying with the app on. What did i do wrong?

Sign out and sign back in again to the DJI app.
2017-7-19
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
United States

Kmelx Posted at 2017-7-19 04:31
Sign out and sign back in again to the DJI app.

nope its a bug. signing in/out dotn fix it. the only way is to start, fly up, land again, turn off drone and start again. limitation will be off. very annoying but i will never update anything from DJI anymore. it will only get worse every time i did that before.
2017-7-19
Use props
Leopold 2
lvl.1
Belgium

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-19 06:58
nope its a bug. signing in/out dotn fix it. the only way is to start, fly up, land again, turn off drone and start again. limitation will be off. very annoying but i will never update anything from DJI anymore. it will only get worse every time i did that before.

Is it maybe because i start the app in flight modus (no network connection)? yesterday i did a restart of my drone with no results.
2017-7-19
Use props
Leopold 2
lvl.1
Belgium

Leopold 2 Posted at 2017-7-19 08:20
Is it maybe because i start the app in flight modus (no network connection)? yesterday i did a restart of my drone with no results.

I found this online, not verry usefull for me...

Dear Customers,

DJI will soon introduce a new application activation process for international customers. This new step, to take effect at the end of this week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile. All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

The feature applies to all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware or when using future versions of the DJI GO and GO 4 apps.

DJI encourages pilots to always follow applicable laws and regulations in the countries where they operate, and provides information about these regulations on its FlySafe website at flysafe.dji.com.

Sincerely,

Your DJI Team
2017-7-19
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
United States

Leopold 2 Posted at 2017-7-19 08:20

sometimes i dont get that warning at all and can fly 2-3 batteries empty. sometimes i get it everytime i start my P4.
its pretty annoying but i can live with that as far i am not forced to do any future crazy disaster update. my drone is free now and i can fly how i want and not how DJI have mercy/mood and let me fly. so i will never turn that WIFI on anymore in order to "fix" this small problem.  
2017-7-19
Use props
fans4f556347
lvl.1
Brazil

Same Problem. Mr NelsonLee on bottom said the way and I go with Him, I going to try. I expect you solve your problem.
2017-10-13
Use props
fans4f556347
lvl.1
Brazil

I have this problem last three times. I read here from Mr. NELSONLEE and Im going to do that. Anotherthing happens after last upgrade is the signal of "GREAT INTERFERENCE " Poor Transmission. then I look the menu and  change the Frequency to 5.8Ghz and all returns good.Phantom 4 PRO
2017-10-13
Use props
solly747
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68301 ft
Australia

So is this a firmware issue or an issue with the drone?  I just bought a used P4P and first flight it did the same thing.  Max 50 metres out and 30 metres up.  I have set my height to 500m and no limit in distance on dji go app
2017-12-24
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

solly747 Posted at 2017-12-24 16:29
So is this a firmware issue or an issue with the drone?  I just bought a used P4P and first flight it did the same thing.  Max 50 metres out and 30 metres up.  I have set my height to 500m and no limit in distance on dji go app

You also need to disable beginner mode, login at DJI in the App and keep away from places where DJI has decided you should not be flying.
2017-12-25
Use props
C Tuck
United States

I’m having same problem. Flew fine a few weeks ago and today 50 meters out max and 30 meters up max. Obstacle avoidance icon on ap stays red too. Not sure what’s going on. I think it is an ap issue. Upgrading firmware didn’t fix it.
2017-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules