Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I've done some research and can't find answers to a few questions in regard to the P4P vs the P4P+, Hoping you can help.
(If any of these questions are stupid, be kind.  I'm a tad overwhelmed, in a big rush, and am looking for assistance)
1) P4P:  does it have an HDMI out?
2) P4P: does the RC record audio like the P4P+ or is this just a function of the built-in monitor?
2b) Related to question 2 above... P4P:  does the RC have a loudspeaker?
3) P4P+ : Is there a hood available anywhere for the monitor or is the brightness so good that you actually CAN use it in bright sunlight without an issue?
4) Any drone feature differences when flying with the P4P (and an iPad Mini) vs the P4P+?  (for example, maybe there is a flight mode in the P4P+ that isn't available on the iPad.
5) P4P: Any feedback about how well this functions with an iPad Mini 2 (with cellular)?

Thanks,
Matt

2017-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1.  No
2b.  No, but your tablet does.
3.  No need for a hood - that's the whole purpose of the display, it's very bright.
4.  The aircraft is identical.  Only the controller/screen is different.
2017-7-5
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Labroides.

More importantly, what is your name derived from?  I have a guess but I'm curious what your answer would be.
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

one important issue is that, at least for the time being, you cannot use third party software on the P4P+ controller. It cannot upload apps, the specific Android implemetation does not allow it. However it looks like one can add an HDMI port to the P4P controller.
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module

(but you better verify that it is compatible with the P4P, it was made for the P4.)
2017-7-5
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-5 08:01
Thanks Labroides.

More importantly, what is your name derived from?  I have a guess but I'm curious what your answer would be.

Do you want to know if he has red lips?  
2017-7-5
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

I only have experience with the P4P+ so...
3)  Yes, it is bright enough that you don't need a hood.
4)  Actually, it is the opposite, the + RC is missing many of the features you get when using the GO 4 app on an IOS device.  Even when DJI updates the software on the + RC, it is not up to the capabilities of the IOS version.  For example, several of the flight modes are missing options, i.e. in Activetrac you are supposed to get 3 options, on P4P+ you get only 1.   Also, waypoint mode is basically useless since you don't have option of controlling where camera is pointing as it flies.  In addition, you cannot run any of the IOS apps such as mapping apps.   Finally, instead of downloading updated GO app from app store, it only comes as part of a firmware upgrade, a bug ridden process that usually involves several resets, reboots, reloads, calls on hold to tech support....

2017-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-5 08:01
Thanks Labroides.

If you've checked Google, you should know.
And to confirm, I'm a marine biologist (among other things)
2017-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've not spotted an answer yet, but audio can be recorded to the cached video on P4P display device, using display device microphone. Option in general settings menu.
2017-7-5
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-5 16:26
If you've checked Google, you should know.
And to confirm, I'm a marine biologist (among other things)

Got it.  Well, I wouldn't have guessed a fish.  Heh...
2017-7-6
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I decided to buy the P4P, not the plus.  Although I love the idea of simplifying the setup and teardown, even by a minute, I chose the P4P for the following reasons:
1) Screen size.  My old eyes prefer the size the my iPad Mini.
2) Given the current and ongoing problems with DJIGo, I decided that I need a fallback (Litchi) just in case I am stuck on a job with a failing DJI Go.
3) Cost, I already own the iPad Mini.

I did also buy the HDMI module, I hope it works as billed.  I've read many stories of people having issues with it not working.  Then again, I've read many more stories of DJI software and firmware bricking an otherwise healthy drone.

Thanks again for all of your input.
Matt
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules